[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: Tinnitus-2.jpg (2 MB, 2119x1414) Image search: [Google]
Tinnitus-2.jpg
2 MB, 2119x1414
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I have a low-pitched roaring noise in my right ear but that's because I was flying with a severe cold.
>>
I use muffs but the desert eagle fucked me up, what do?
It's been 2 days and my ears are greasy though I clean them. It hurts.
>>
>>29778382
ear pro bro
>>
>mfw my ears are so fucked up from all the concerts I went to that I can fire a 9mm without protection and not experience any kind of pain and barely get EEEEEE'd
>>
>>29778417
WHAT? WHERE DID POE GO? I'M NOT SURE I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN 30 YEARS
>>
File: 2istiy8.jpg (18 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
2istiy8.jpg
18 KB, 241x209
>>
I've had the EEEEEE my entire life, before I ever fired a gun.

Only not had ear protection for two shots, and shot less than 20 bullets.

Some people are born with it I guess.
>>
>>29778425
Not many concerts for me, but playimg guitar with headphones on has killed my ears. Worth it... maybe.
>>
>>29778451
Same t b h m8. I remember laying in bed as a kid and focusing on it until it was unbearably loud.
>>
>>29778382
me and my friend were dumbfucks when we were 13 tried to make a flash bang took tin can shoved firecrackers and ton of paper cap rounds in it soldered the top back on with a hole and a fuse, threw it bam eeeee my ears are still fucked up
>>
>>29778475
but I always had a bit of tinnitus for my life before this to this just made it bad
>>
>>29778433
NO, I DON'T OFTEN READ EDGAR ALLEN POE. YEAH, I HEARD HE DIED AFTER DRINKING 30 BEERS.
>>
>>29778382
>wear thick beanie with my doubled up earpro (fuck you, I know it doesn't work like simple addition, I'm not retarded)
>still get the ringing
>getting worse and worse
>consider japanese maths puzzle
>go to doctor
>'unclench your jaw and practice controlled breathing'
>fucking quack telling me to-
>oh, that was the problem
>have to wear bite guard when sleeping while forcing myself to relax
>didn't go away but a lot more manageable
Apprently it's rather common and gets worse if you get stressd over it and clench your jaw more.
>>
>>29778473
I still have trouble sleeping because of it
>>
>>29778382
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 1024x768
>>29778382
>current year
>not having perfect hearing

Should probably Kys
>>
>>29778382
You NEETs need to get organized. There's two pussy boi threads about this.
>>
>>29778802
There goes my penguin blowjob fantasy
>>
>>29778495
holy shit. I have a bad case of the EEE for years, but clench my jaw real hard. Is there a correlation?
>>
>>29778815
This one got bumped after I made mine for some retarded reason. Anyway it's gone so I'll post here;

DID I REALLY LOSE HEARING SOME FREQUENCIES FOREVER?
>>
Didn't have thay problem until my ear pro fell out on a fire mission. Super stick 8 will make you deaf as fuck for a few days.

Had to have the corpsman help me off the gun line, was all fucked up.
>>
File: 1427829011943.jpg (46 KB, 440x398) Image search: [Google]
1427829011943.jpg
46 KB, 440x398
>>29778382
Honestly, are you guys just being bitches?

I used to shoot all the time without earpro when I was younger and a few times recently as well. The EEEE is gone by the time I get home from the range.

Does /k/ just exaggerate tinnitus?
>>
>>29778495
Doubling up helps, ear plugs and muffs are pretty much the only way i shoot anything larger than a .22. Depending on brand/quality, ear plugs will reduce the noise level by 24 db, and ear muffs can reduce it as much as 30db. And those 2 reductions do stack together making the perceived noise 64db quieter. From what i have seen, shooting muffs tend to be on the low end of the nrr (noise reduction rating) scale.
>>
>>29778860
rifles are just loud as fuck, and they probably have brakes directing the gas back at them

if I can finally get a fucking electrician to hook up my lathe I'll make a linear comp and not have that problem
>>
>>29778833
Only way to know for sure is to talk to an ear doctor, regardless just breathing and coming to terms with the EEEEEE can lessen the stress and make you feel better psychologically, which is where most ofnthe tinnitus does it's damage.
>>
>>29778848
Well I'm the guy that replied in the thread I was in a IED blast. My problem is more hearing reduction than tantightass.

My gig right now is as a substitute teacher and feel like a 20 something dinosaur because I'm constantly asking kids to speak up.
>>
>>29778911
I don't have a sister, but if I did I would let you bang her.
>>
When I first went shooting I shot about 100~ rounds from an SKS with no ear protection, and had the ringing in my left ear for like 2 weeks.

Never had it since, and now I have 2 pairs of Sordins and a set of Comtac IIIs.
>>
>>29778860
Like a lot of things, different people have different thresholds. You're just one of the lucky ones that can handle the loud noises without too much damage, then there's people that will go completely deaf from a single gunshot. In my welding class back in highschool there was a guy that would come and perform the certifications. He was able to look at a welding arc without getting arc burn somehow where most people would be out for a full day after seeing one for a split second. I got it junior year and was out of school for two days due to the headaches and light sensitivity.
>>
File: 1461057502451.jpg (30 KB, 285x423) Image search: [Google]
1461057502451.jpg
30 KB, 285x423
>>29778879
Literally everything in your post is wrong. Ear plugs when used properly offer far better hearing protection than muffs up to 32db reduction. Doubling up only offers an extra 4db of protection over just the plugs unless you have fancy ass custom molded plugs in which case you can manage about 7 extra decibels compared to four. Do some fucking research and don't spread misinformation.
>>
>>29778961
OK cool. But since this is 100% hypothetical the official story reads she is super hot. Also even tho my dick is only is 6 inches we are going to say it was a solid 7.

As for the losing certain frequencies I don't know maybe scientifically... The birds chirping still sound the same.
>>
>>29778829
Top kek
>>
>>29779040
Hey dumbfuck, what i posted is what the whole oil and gas industry in canada follows, and has come to agree is the best protection available. So are you telling me that shell, conico phillips, teck, suncor and all of those other global multi billion dollar companies, as well as the canadian oh&s manual are all wrong because of your superior intelligence? Fuck off or bring research next time
>>
>>29778440
MAWP
>>
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>29778394
Christ anon, I did this too. It was pure hell and the filght lasted 10 fucking hours. Could barely hear for 2 weeks, it felt like I was under water with a humming sound in my head the whole time.

When it finally opened up both ears popped and everything got back to normal luckily.

Will never fuking EVER fly again when sick.
>>
File: 357sig.jpg (74 KB, 460x220) Image search: [Google]
357sig.jpg
74 KB, 460x220
>Some fuck runs into your room and mag dumps .357 sig into your roof. You're not wearing ear protection

What do?
>>
>>29779318

>canada

stopped reading there :^)
>>
>>29779429
make them fix my roof
>>
>>29778394
WHAT?!
>>
File: Iranian woman.jpg (32 KB, 482x386) Image search: [Google]
Iranian woman.jpg
32 KB, 482x386
It's just part of life, accept it. All men in ww1 and ww2 never used hearing protection, shooting MG42's next to tanks firing, or being shelled with artillery, before the 1950's they did not ever use hearing protection and most vets can still hear fine, if not without some aids, and if you're completely deaf, cochlear will give you some back. How many times did Hickock forget to put in hearing protection. Reg.gen therapy will probably cure deafness in 10 years, if society will still be around by then, and if you got the cash. There are worse things out there
>>
>>29779318
Yes I am you fucking retard. You probably read the standards wrong anyway based on your use of "perceived reduction"

http://www.audiologyonline.com/releases/effects-doubling-up-on-hearing-4302

http://www.hearforever.org/tools-to-learn/sound-source-dual-protection

There's a limit to how much you can reduce sound due to the fact it will just travel through your apparently quite thick skull. That limit is roughly 34db and the only reason doubling with muffs has any benefit is because it very slightly decreases the vibrations around the ear canal. To get something like 64db of reduction you'd need to wear an oldschool diving helmet stuffed with insulation.
>>
>>29779435

Aww, you are a cute one arent you!
>>
>>29779539

Might want to email dude weed to get canada safe again bro
>>
>>29779318
And here's a few more because you'll probably think those aren't enough.

http://www.noisehelp.com/double-hearing-protection.html

And here's one straight from OSHA.

>It is important to note that using such double protection will add only 5 dB of attenuation.
>>
>>29778382
ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>29779575
Fuck forgot the osha link.

https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/new_noise/appendixe.pdf
>>
>>29779539
That first link is pretty interesting though, i may find a safety book and see what it says when i get back to work monday.
>>
>>29778860
it takes a few years for the damage to be done. my dad never used hearing protection either but he's got pretty bad tinnitus ever since I was little, and for the past 5 or 10 years he's been slowing losing more and more hearing.

hey if you want to risk it, go ahead, but I don't want to spend the last 50 years of my life yelling "WHAT" at people.
>>
>>29778473
I wondered if there were more like me
>>29778451
>>
>>29779429

I consider if he fired six shots or only five. I then ask myself whether or not I feel like the odds are in my favor.
>>
>>29779435
:^)
>>
>>29778382
Help me here /k/omrades. Ever since I was a child, I will always here an EEEEEEEEEE but at a much lower volume whenever there is suppose to be silence. I don't feel pain, so is it Tinnitus or some sort of body issue?
>>
>>29780001
Congratulations, you are an average human being.
>>
>>29779429
Shoot him because my life felt threatened and he invaded my property.
>>
>>29780024
So we're all born with the EEEEEEEE, then? Cuz my family always said they weren't hearing anything despite my complaints
>>
>>29780051
A faint eeee or hissing sound is completely normal my dude. Your parents are fucking with you.
>>
>>29780069
Okay, thanks anon
>>
>>29779748
Literally lol'd.
>>
>>29780051
What tinnitus actually is, is your brain trying to makeup for a sound it knows it should be able to hear but can't. Higher frequencies are the most delicate and first to go either from old age or damage from a loud noise. I have "perfect" hearing but if it's quite quiet I'll get an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for a minute or so before it goes away again. Normally such high frequencies get drowned out by other noises which is why you hear about a lot of people with tinnitus sleeping with a fan on. It covers up most of those frequencies and eases the EEEEEEEE. Of course that only works to a certain point, if all you hear is EEEEEEEE then nothing will help.
>>
>>29778484
WHAT? NO I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO SNOW. IT SHOULDN'T BE ONE OF YOUR DIRTY FEARS, THOUGH
>>
So those peltors with the gel upgrade are pretty solid?
>>
USE A COTTON SWAB AND PEROXIDE YOU FUCKING RETARD IT IS THE SOUND OF BLOOD FLOW WITHIN THE INNER EAR NEED TO RELEASE TENSION!!!
>>
>>29780663
HUH? NO, I'M GOOD, I DON'T WANT ANY DRO. BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY ORPHAN TEARS?
>>
>>>29778382 (OP)
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29785093
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29785184
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29785193
>>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
MWAP

MWAP MWAP
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1300x1130) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1300x1130
>sitting in class
>listening to lecture
>sound fades out
>piercing eeeeeee comes in
>stare into space
>someone starts talking to me
>mfw
>>
>>29778860

You realize tinnitus can develop gradually and just because you don't have it now doesn't mean you won't develop it in a few years, right?
>>
Sometimes the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is so loud I look around and wonder if other people can hear it. This is after several hours of heavy whiskey consumption but whatever EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29778475
Lmao
>>
>>29785950
>>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Even doubled up a 308 semiauto with a brake fired indoors will damage your hearing

COME ON HPA JUST TURN INTO A RIDER ALREADY
>>
>>29779373
Was there anything more to that joke, or was it just a funny sound?
>>
>>29786386
It' pretty accurate from my seat.I was close to a homemade bomba the day after the fourth of July years back. Friend had serious burns all over his hand and all of us had temporary hearing loss for a bit, my EEEEEEEE if horrible now. I can remember the MWAWMPP pretty clean, lasted a day or so.
>>
File: cry.jpg (28 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
28 KB, 240x320
>have slight tinnitus from shooting a ton
>get new job today
>have to grind a ton of material off back of truck
>grinding for hours with no ear pro because I couldn't find any
>ears still ringing like mad

pls go away
>>
>>29786386
Its a jaw exercise for tinnitus.
>>
>>29778911
What is it with people who were in the military being substitute teachers?
>>
File: 13803.jpg (2 MB, 2711x4093) Image search: [Google]
13803.jpg
2 MB, 2711x4093
>>29786562
>shoot guns.
>no ear pro.
>>
>>29778382
That's just the florescent light, not tinnitus. It goes away when I turn it off.
>>
>>29778382
I always hear ringing, but as long as I'm focusing on something I don't notice it.
>>
Why don't you guys just use silencers?
>>
>>29778473
>>29779712
Fuck, so it's not just me then. I have a fan in my room that only ever goes on at night.
>>
why cant we cure tinnitus?
>>
>>29782606
WHAT? I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TOO SLOW. DO YOU HAVE A PAIR OF SHEARS?
>>
ChinEEEEEEEEse don't need earpro
>>
>>29787589

not profitable enough to bother trying
>>
>>29779429
Laugh at him for using a shit round.
>>
>>29787085
I think it's probably coincidence. Or not. I'll rape your mouth do you know where you are?

Vets are everywhere dumb ass. We hide in plain sight when we aren't talking to teens online.
>>
Yeah i can't sleep without a fan, TV, or some kind of noise to block it out.
>>
File: gnatk.jpg (491 KB, 992x753) Image search: [Google]
gnatk.jpg
491 KB, 992x753
>>29785884
>KTAAAANG
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.