[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought PSO-1 from Kalinka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: pso_4x24_1000m_svd_3_600_5_2_1.jpg (48 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
pso_4x24_1000m_svd_3_600_5_2_1.jpg
48 KB, 650x650
How did I do?
>>
File: fuck watermarks.jpg (12 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
fuck watermarks.jpg
12 KB, 350x262
>>29777929
>How did I do?
what do you mean?

IMO the PSO-1 is like the SVD, incredibly innovative and advanced upon debut, but kinda inferior now compared to more modern alternatives. I like the counter-sniper version with the built-in IR detector, it was an interesting answer to early NV systems.

pic only semi related
>>
>>29777967

> modern alternatives

This is relevant if I weren't building an SVD clone from a VEPR using a modified polymer SVD stock and forearm ;)
>>
>>29778083
>using a vepr
>to make a svd clone
>wut da fug
>>
>>29778138
I am not that guy. I also dont know shit about aks.

So...
1. How good is a vepr?
2. Why not make it into an SVD?
3. Are there good civvie SVD clones in burgerland?
>>
>>29778138

> Parts fit from actual SVD with machining
> Most accurate x54r rifle on market
> Made in Russia
> Correct optics mount
> Correct LOP
> Correct flash hider
> Correct front and rear sights

Problem?
>>
File: 1461825607701.jpg (18 KB, 300x356) Image search: [Google]
1461825607701.jpg
18 KB, 300x356
>>29778149
i don't own a vepr or really know shit about them but i'd say it's like getting a honda civic and trying to make it an accord

i know they got furniture kits that look like SVD shit but still
>>
>>29778149
The Vepr and SVD only share an outward cosmetic resemblance; thay are two completely different actions.
It would just be a look-alike with no functional similarity to an SVD.
>>
>>29778164
Thanks for the imput.
>>29778167
I don't imagine that a longer barrel on the gun would be bad. Also while I know it's not I group the SVD into the AK family. Just like all of the modifed AR platform rifles I consider AR's nonetheless.

Also my other question still stands:
Is there a good SVD clone in america that you can get? Or do you have to gussy up an AK?
>>
>>29778237
not really. closest you'll probably get would be a romanian PSL
>>
Mechanically speaking an SVD is far different from any AK, using a gas system similar to the SVT-40.

That being said, the modern VEPR in 54r is perhaps the best "cousin" of the SVDs intent and purpose. In fact it's likely far better. You can easily make the latter appear very similar to the former. Only asperger snobs like many on /k/ will complain or turn their noses up - without having any rebuttal or adulterated reason as to why.
>>
File: 1461598121809.png (150 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1461598121809.png
150 KB, 557x605
>>29777929
How much you paid for it OP, I know I'd like to get one and a Vepr as well and pretend it's an SVD. Keeping the thumbhole stock though because I like the look.
>>
>>29777929
Kalinka do alright, I remember they had a bad reputation a while back but Ive bought 3 russian scopes off them over the years without any problems.
>>
>>29778237
Really though, SVD has nothing to do with an AK, save for the country they were designed in.

I own an AK and an SVD.

Literally the only thing you can swap between the two is the bayonet.
The SVD is as much an AK as the M21 is an AR.
>>
>>29778149
VEPRs are top-tier AK rifles. Heavy construction, Russian made, and pretty accurate out of the box.
But the actions of the SVD and AK are different, and no amount of furniture is going to change that.
PSl is probably the closest you're going to get without dropping several thousand on a real SVD.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.