[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /k/, I've been messing with a new rifle platform in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Okay /k/, I've been messing with a new rifle platform in my head, and it got me thinking; what features do you guys look for in rifles? I'm talking stuff like ambi safties and mag releases. Are there any features that turn you away from a rifle?

Realistically my design isn't going to go anywhere but I can dream.

Pic unrelated
>>
Bumpery doo
>>
100 rounds ammo capacity per magazine
>>
Reply to this thread you homosexuals
>>
That's a pretty broad question. What is the intended role of the rifle? You can't really get anywhere without knowing that as different roles ask for completely different things
>>
ease of use, keep it simple.
modularity, so I can just pop shit on and off easily.
comfort, a big one, for obvious reasons.
ambi is nice but most shooters are righties so the extra work may not be worth it.
light and easy to handle, if i have to go innawoods with this thing I don't want to carry about a fucking 2x8 with some steel screwed on
common caliber, don't make some special snowflake shit that's expensive as fuck
anything else, /k/omrades?
>>
>>29778697
I'm not an expert by any means, but from the way I've imagined it, the action is simple as fuck. The intention from the beginning was a battle rifle that didn't cost a shit ton.

I was also thinking about the modularity, too. Easy drop-in drop-out of most exterior parts. One example would be like an FAL style charging handle by default, but an HK folding handle that could be easily screwed on.
>>
>>29778754
How does it operate?
>>
>>29778767
just make some shit in paint, I'm genuinely curious to see how this works and your general plan.
more guns and more gun designers are always good
>>
>>29778767
I don't know what it would be called. It's gas operated, I know that. I suppose it's a bit like an AR.
>>
>>29778817
No can do, not on my computer.

It functions quite a lot like an AR, now that I think about it. It's a rather long receiver becuase I don't want to have a buffer tube, and the charging handle is much closer to the bolt, maybe actually attached to the bolt itself, meaning it would be reciprocating. But other than that, it functions pretty much like an AR.
>>
Aperture sights are great, but if you're planning a 7.62x51 rifle or some other large caliber an aperture may be disadvantageous.
Weight balance is key. Not so heavy it wears you out but not so light the recoil throws you totally off target.
Barrel length is similar. Not so long it's unwieldy, but not so short the recoil will be unmanageable.
Recoil buffer system is nice but may add complexity or weight.Your call on that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.