[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reposting because worried I have a glock, bought it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: gluck.jpg (692 KB, 3000x1934) Image search: [Google]
gluck.jpg
692 KB, 3000x1934
Reposting because worried

I have a glock, bought it because of it s reliability
I go shooting with it and I get 4-5 malfunctions.
I went again yesterday with the same results.

The malfunction is this - during the middle of a magazine, the round will only half go in. I need to drop the magazine, rack the slide to have it fall out, and then reload the round and keep shooting.

What the fuck is happening?

I haven't tried it with a different magazine yet, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

If it's no bueno, I'll be selling it, I suppose.
Real shame
>>
>>29776884
shouldda bought a glock

oh wait...
>>
>>29776884
Did you buy it new or used?

Could be the mag. You could also use a new recoil spring.

If it's new and doesn't have any wear that would require replacement parts, take it apart, clean it thoroughly, lubricate it sparingly, and try again with a different brand of ammo. See what happens.

If it's still a lemon after all that, THEN sell it.
>>
Well there's a slight chance you could be limp wristing

But it could be a man or ammo issue. When it hangs up and you drop the may are you able to dry fire it?
What brand of ammo? I doubt the slide is outrunning the may spring buy it may not be cycling completely.

Whatever it is, it shouldn't be hard to resolve. I'm not a glock fan, but I would rather sort it out and keep the gun. Don't let this experience leave a bad taste in your mouth. It's a sample of one.
>>
>>29777016
Used
I'll try a different magazine
I've tried 2 brands of ammo
>>
>>29776884
youre a limp wristed bitch
>>
>>29776884
mag spring

probably sat loaded for years

protip: don't leave your mags loaded for years
>>
>>29777026
Get a new recoil spring and swap it out just for the sake of longevity anyway. They're very inexpensive.
>>
Sorry to hear that OP.

I just picked up my first g19, and it's been running flawlessly..
>>
>>29777026
Yup. Cop trade in? Some fggt left the mag fully loaded for who knows how long.

The gun is fine. Unfortunately, idiot cops and preppers have this thing where they load mags and expect them to never ever loose power if they leave them fully compressed for years at a time.
>>
>>29777038
Protip: it has been proven that keeping mags loaded(yes even for years) don't effect the strength of a spring.
It is infact constant conpressing and decompressing that weakens springs.
>>
>>29777054
I think those other posters were trying to be funny. I know, they came off as fags, but ya.

OP, are the mags glock, or like KCI?
>>
>>29777047
You are literally retarded.
The only way a spring looses tension when compressed is if oxidation or corrosion occurs. In which case it wouldn't matter if it was compressed or not.
>>
File: 1398030665065.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1398030665065.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>29777080
>>
>>29777080
Glock brand
I'll shoot tomorrow and update
also getting a recoil spring
>>
>>29776884

OP everyone telling you to replace the mag doesn't know shit about shit.
A failure to feed like that isn't a result of a bad mag spring.
While it's possible that the mag is faulty, the spring wouldn't be the cause of this.

It's most likely the recoil spring, or feed ramp.
Replace the recoil spring first, and look for any obvious problems with the feed ramp.

Also, why do you have to drop the mag, then rack and reload?
You should be able to push the slide forward if the round was already feeding.
Is it feeding at a weird angle?
>>
Try another mag, but I'll say recoil spring, also. They're cheap. Hell, replacing almost any part on a Glock with a new factory part is cheap.

Try and have someone else shoot it also in case you are limp wristing it.
>>
ITT: GLOCKFAG DAMAGE CONTROL

Hahahahahahaha glockfags BTFO
>>
>>29777047

You're clearly a dumb ass. Go learn how a spring works.
>>
>>29777040
Yeah this. Failure to feed sounds like a worn out spring
>>
File: IkLpuet.webm (289 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
IkLpuet.webm
289 KB, 300x166
>>29776884
glocks arent reliable
proofs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvcYiZL2Cs
>>
File: 20160328_222916-1.jpg (4 MB, 2840x1760) Image search: [Google]
20160328_222916-1.jpg
4 MB, 2840x1760
>>29777042
Same here senpai.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.