[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best /k/ related movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 279x402
Couldn't believe how intense this shit was

>My mind is numb from years of deployment. A single year seems to last seven. They say the world is full of beautiful colors. It all looks black and white to me.
>A question swirls around my brain - somebody stateside asked me, years ago... "Who's a good boy?"
>I've learned that out here, there are none. We don't all go to heaven.
>>
File: bangai-o-2.jpg (189 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bangai-o-2.jpg
189 KB, 640x480
van dien?
>>
>the five minute long shot of Army Dog dragging his squadmate out of the line of fire while he's crying for help and his guts are falling out into the dirt

holy fuck i thought that was a little unnecessary.
>>
File: Dog Flashback.gif (2 MB, 329x319) Image search: [Google]
Dog Flashback.gif
2 MB, 329x319
>>29775865
>>
>>29775865
Rape has always been a component in wars.

I appreciate a film not trying to glorify or sugarcoat the horrors.
>>
>>29775935

Man... I cant get that image out of my head.
You know, that scene where Army Dog is drinking from his water bowl and then all of a sudden you see a flash of a dead soldier with his face hanging off, in the reflection of the water.
Jesus, that gives me chills. The image of that dead face, utterly torn apart, still haunts me long after viewing this film.

Powerful stuff.
>>
I liked the scene where army dog tries to catch a tennis ball but misses and it hits him on the head!
>>
>The scene where friendly air support shredds his comrades to pieces because army dog fucked the coordinates up
>>
>>29776644
>tfw no one ever found out and he had to live with the guilt
>>
>>29775865
>that part where army dog kills a dozen unarmed soldiers escaping a burning barracks building using his m2, and the camera just shows the look of horror in his eyes reflecting their falling bodies in between the muzzleflashes
>>
>>29777317
You don't remember the briefing between Valdez and General Sierra?

V>He shredded them to pieces!
S>He's too useful to simply let go or charge
V>HE KILLED 80% OF HIS MEN
S>YES SERGREANT, HE DID, AND HE'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

Jesus fuck this movie hurt me. I had to really think about what a true horror war is after watching it.

>>29776019
He was frozen form a flashback when he watched his last friends from squad one get fragged. That wasn't funny anon.
>>
>>29775865
I thought the white phosphorus scene was enlightening. I never thought it'd go that deep into the use of it during warfare, and the horrible degree of the injuries it leaves.

Not just physical injuries either, mind you, but the mental injuries and scars it leaves.

8/10 movie, really made me think about modern war and the ever accelerating pace it takes place in a whole new light.

>>29777357
I really felt for him. You could look at him, and almost see his guilt dripping off of him. What'd you think of the epilogue with him trying to get help for his PTSD?
>>
>>29777398
The epilogue hit me the hardest. He couldn't get a service dog to help. The one nam vet offered to adopt him, but at the same time Val was pushing for him to be put in a ward. I dunno man. I'm not sure if it's better as an open ending or if they should have actually said what happened next. Maybe they'll make a sequel one day. Or they'll release the director's cut.
>>
I puked when he killed a man by gouging out his eyes with his own balls. Fucking disgusting had to turn it off right there.
>>
That scene when Army Dog is back from deployment and the MP's find him drunk and disorderly around base and check his ID and the one guy says "Man, must've been when he was new, so bright eyed and bushy tailed".
>>
File: 5376736005_e431686af5_b.jpg (307 KB, 790x1000) Image search: [Google]
5376736005_e431686af5_b.jpg
307 KB, 790x1000
Army dog!? Ooohhhhhhh nooooooooooo....

I thought they would stop this madness after Cop Dog!
>>
>>29777357
that must have been in the director's cut, I only saw the theatrical release. I heard they toned it down a lot so they wouldn't get an R rating.
>>
>>29778030
A couple of theaters showed an early version of the director's cut toned down enough to even show it.

>>29777430
When they full release the "full length" director's cut on DVD it may have to be online purchase only. If what I've heard about got cut out is true then what we saw was like west side story vs escape from new york.

>>29777551
Air bud's Retriever signed on for Cop Dog. That movie may have been intense, but Army Dog is just... If you could barely handle Cop Dog you can't handle Army dog.
>>
File: sad soldiers.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
sad soldiers.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
at first I welcomed the friendship that seemed to be forming between Army Dog and that young Afghan orphan boy as a welcome contrast between the horrors of war, until that scene when they find he's be kidnapped and made into the local police chief's sex slave and Army Dog knows that reporting it to his commanding officer would be as useless as chasing his tail.... I watched it with my girlfriend and we were both crying during that scene.
>>
>>29778030
Lol you didn't even see the sex scenes?
>>
>>29775865
Remember his encounter with the CIA SAD operator hanging an insurgent off the plane door, threatening to shoot the man with his USP if he does not tell them about the ammo dump in the middle of the town?
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 220x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 220x345
Make way, best war movie coming through.
>>
>>29775935

Every time I see that gif I just think "give the damn dog a cupcake".
>>
File: m'lady.gif (976 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.gif
976 KB, 250x250
>the furlough scene
>his brother is in the kennel
>his dad has full on dementia
>doesn't even realize Army Dog has been gone
>asks if he's still doing alright at obedience school

>"w-woof"
>>
>the scene where army dog reminiscent about his granduncle story in vietnam
>tell ya what i was there in my lai boy,the way they round up them gooks in the holes and the shouts of the womanfolk and children,it never left me,i was never out of that godforsaken hellhole
>>
the scene where he tries to suicide by cop in front of a liquor store got me. Especially when they don't shot him and take him to hospital and he still cries with tears in his eyes "kill me"
I mean what the fuck?
>>
>>29775865
Meme of the month for sure
>>
>>29776019
i liked the scene where army dog tried to catch a depleted uranium round and it went through his head into the hospital full of syrian children and hiding isis combatants
>>
File: valhalla.jpg (83 KB, 485x720) Image search: [Google]
valhalla.jpg
83 KB, 485x720
>>29775865
>>29778155
>>29779364

>Girl visits father in nursing home
>In between pain med induced haze has moments of clarity
>Only talks about his friends leaving him behind at Khe Sanh
>They crossed the rainbow bridge while he remains
>Longs for the true death
>>
>the scene where army dog and his squad walk through the village they just called shake and bake on
Jesus christ that movie didn't hold back.
>>
>>29775865
>The fucking scene where his battle buddy lit himself on fire in front of the VA
>>
>that one scene where the squad is being ambushed by VC in the jungle
>"Jesus, we're being torn up here! Where is Army Dog?"
>"Oh god, I've been shot! ARMY DOG, WHERE ARE YOU?"
>cut to Army Dog chasing a rodent
>>
File: mfw.png (1 MB, 1260x870) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
1 MB, 1260x870
>>29775865
>>
>>29775865
God the cuts in that introduction scene were godtier, camera zooming out of the platoon ending to see an old Army Dog watching the movie, thousand yard stare as his thoughts get narrated.
>>
>>29775865

Are you fucking kidding and trying to make me watch that stupid movie?
>>
File: 1461422129963.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1461422129963.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
>>29782611
I wouldn't, live the rest of your life in innocence
>>
>>29781875
Oh fuckin lord that was a bit much,

You know the one scene that always gets me was the IED meat shower scene. Almost made me puke
>>
I refuse to believe any of you guys are talking real

I'm too smart for you
>>
>>29782611
I don't think you want to watch that much dog-on-white-girl sex anyway. And then theres the needle drugs.

Truly Terry Gilliam's harshest film yet
>>
>>29782691
If you want a good doggy BJ / fuck video search "Risa Murakami Doggy Fuck". Thank me later
>>
File: tupac_armenia.gif (105 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
tupac_armenia.gif
105 KB, 700x500
>>29782676
It won at Cannes you troglodyte
>>
>>29777551
Mr. Plinkett ?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.