[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the PTR32 a good gun? It seems like a dream rifle. Takes AK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ptr32.jpg (67 KB, 900x250) Image search: [Google]
ptr32.jpg
67 KB, 900x250
Is the PTR32 a good gun? It seems like a dream rifle. Takes AK mags and cheap ammo, has the awesome design of the G3/HK91. From what I've heard, the PTR91 is a solid piece of gear. So what thinks /k/? Also H&K clone general I guess.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>29775778
If you like the charging handle, it's breddy gud.
>>
>>29775778
I mean, it weights a gorillion pounds, has a 10lb gritty trigger and the aftermarket's a bitch.

If you have a hard-on for HK and want something to look cool at the range, go for it. If you want a handy/accurate modern sporting rifle, there are better choices.
>>
>>29776188
I think the HK slap is like the coolest thing ever.

>>29776252
I lift and I don't mind working with it a bit to get the trigger pull to feel right.
>>
>>29775778
Its pretty cool but if you want a 7.62x39 rifle its hard to justify not going AK

I wanna know when PTR is making a 5.56 HK Clone
>>
>>29776305
I really hope that happens given that Century Arms seems to have ceased production of the C93.
>>
Does nothing better than an AK except have a slower charging handle and weigh more
>>
>>29776554
Buds has them in stock...Google harder.
>>
>>29776571
Isn't it more accurate?
>>
>>29775778
I have one anon.
This guy is right:
>>29776252

I'm poor atm so I haven't gotten a trigger job for it, however, it's easy to do. Once I do that and scope it I'll try to see whether I can get good accuracy out of it.
DESU the potential for accuracy and muh HK are the only things that it has vs. a higher-end AK.
>>
>>29775778
Get te PTR 32 Gen 2. It resolves most of trhe issues that the Gen 1-1.5 experienced.
>>
>>29776571
Except has better ergos with controls being more reachable

Fuck having to use two hands to operate safety and fuck having to reach around and do hanky panky to charge the rifle

And fuck front trunnion being welded so once its lifetime is over you need a new gun

ak design is pretty shit.At least it was good back in the day when nobody knew what they were doing, but now when we're figured it out, AK's are ford model T's next to a modern s-class merc
>>
>>29777670

>Ergos

>Ergonomics being a major reason for taste in a firearm
>ever

I bet you buy guns solely on their resale value too don't you faggot.
>>
>>29777670
>what is krebs safety
>>
Have one. Absolutely love it.

I'm also biased as fuck and love HK anything and HK anything clones.
>>
>>29778113
I mean if you feel comfortable shooting it you're probably going to shoot better...
>>
>>29777644
This was always the plan.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.