[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a question for you /k/ommandos. I'm trying to choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: DDIAK47MUB_large.jpg (67 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
DDIAK47MUB_large.jpg
67 KB, 480x320
Got a question for you /k/ommandos.
I'm trying to choose between getting an AK 107fr from Arsenal/DDI Underfolder VS a CZ2008 by Century. The obvious price difference is nice, and there seems to be some nice differences, such as the bolt hold open, and the striker fire.

Figured maybe VZ58 and then use the extra cash left for a handgun?

Let me know what you think.
>>
File: F1CVZ2008a.jpg (138 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
F1CVZ2008a.jpg
138 KB, 800x520
>>
I would stay away from Century. DDI is a mixed bag. I would probably go with Arsenal because of their hammer forged chrome lined barrels.
>>
>>29775018
I'm not getting a century AK, for Kalash purposes it would have to be Arsenal or DDI. But for the VZ, seeing as it's imported by CZ-USA and CA from the same Czech factory, it'll be pretty much alike. I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with both and if so they could let go of some wisdom not found on youtube.
>>
>>29775457
Don't buy the VZ2008. It is markedly inferior to the SLR107. You will be glad you spent the extra money on ONE awesome rifle compared to 500 bucks less for a piece of shit parts kit from century.
I don't miss my VZ at all. Goddamn gremlin made it fucking infuriating to use.
>>
>>29775499
Care to explain why it's a POS? The more I keep reading, the more it seems like a better alternative than the AK. Don't get me wrong, aftermarket parts aren't nearly as available, but ceteris paribus it seems like a really solid choice.

I'm not trying to be aloof or come off as arrogant, it's just that I've never had much contact with either and I'm trying to build up a poorfag, but respectable arsenal.
>>
>>29774989

Go DDI. They are excellent rifles.

Word is most of them seem to be as accurate as the arsenals if not more so. They have a better finish and the best customer service in the industry bar none. Can't beat the price either.

The only reasons to go Arsenal is if you want an imported AK for the resale value later on (maybe) and a CHF barrel.

DDI is soon to release a side-folding model.
>>
>>29775018
>DDI is a mixed bag
For all everyone's complaining about DDI rifles, the only complaints I've seen are about the magwells on the early production rifles being too tight
>>
>>29776385

Which is fixed by filing the paddle release or mag latch or whatever you want to call it.

Mine had the same problem. Some of the Hungarian mag latches seem to be slant rather than flat and need to be filed down or some mags won't fit.
>>
>>29776407
I guess I should rephrase;

For all the bitching from ass-slandered anons who bought a RAS47, DDI don't seem to have many problems beyond the mag-latch thing

I'd buy one, but I want a Polish 47, and I purchased a WW74 when they were on sale

I'm currently shooting only corrosive through it with no cleaning.
>>
DDI is junk, tons of threads on rifles with issues on AKfiles.

Along with the CEO asking why they are having so many problems to fuck off.
>>
>>29776407
You should really try getting laid.
>>
>>29776486

No man I'm agreeing with you.

People bitch about the smallest things and aren't willing to rough the rifle up a little to make it right as rain.

The same people who complain about DDI being too tight are the same who complain about WASRs being too loose.
>>
Get a SLR-107
>>
>>29776501

There are a few threads, and the CEO himself is helping with customer service.

Every rifle sent back for any kind of repair or replacement is done so on DDI's dime and the customer usually has a rifle in their hands again within two weeks of sending one back.

Most of the issues cropping up right now are about the G2 hammer causing problems. Not a problem with the DDI rifle itself.
>>
>>29776520
Are they really worth the money though?
>>
>>29776534

Are they good rifles? Yes.

Are they worth $900+? No.

I'd shop around on gunbroker.com
>>
>>29776539
I was just wondering because I'm also in the market for an AK and I'm stuck between DDI and an SLR-107
>>
>>29776539

It really comes down to what you're looking for in the rifle. What you plan to use it for, what features do you want?
>>
>>29776534

DDI has several offerings, including stamped and milled rifles with 4140 barrels and nitride "fenocite" finishes for corrosion resistance. They are made from Hungarian parts kits so things like the gas block, front sight, etc. are very well made.
The SLR is a stamped Bulgarian rifle with some cosmetic and functional changes, such as a folding stock, a reinforcement plate between the pistol grip and receiver, and a 90° gas block. The barrel is the table turner here. Cold hammer forged, chrome lined, and made with Steyr technology. Arsenal of Bulgaria has arguably the best barrels in the industry. They've also been making AKs for a VERY long time. DDI is somewhat fresh to the game. Take that how you wish.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 800x520
>>29776550
I was on the same boat, DDI's price sure is attractive but since I want my first 5.45 to be issue free. I went with arsenal, they have good reviews on some YouTube channels for whatever that's worth.

Down the road I might pick up a DDI for a second 5.45 but for now I had the funds for an arsenal and I'll probably be picking it up tomorrow.
>>
>>29775018
Hasn't Century been turning their act around lately? I hear the newer WASRs are mostly good.
>>
File: ddi_in_a_nutshell.png (45 KB, 1854x354) Image search: [Google]
ddi_in_a_nutshell.png
45 KB, 1854x354
>>29774989
Don't buy DDI, pic very related.
>>
>>29776525
How is the hammer causing trouble, more dovetailing because the metal softness?
>>
>>29776579
Century doesn't build the new production WASRs, all they do to them is open up the magwell for double-stack mags and restore them back to their proper configuration.

Anything that Century has had a hand in building is usually terrible.
>>
>>29776584

I've been watching that thread from start to finish. DDI-man was justified in that response as all the numbers guy did was bitch bitch bitch about DDI across several posts despite not even owning one.
>>
File: FiringAssaultWeaponFromHip.jpg (244 KB, 459x816) Image search: [Google]
FiringAssaultWeaponFromHip.jpg
244 KB, 459x816
I can't be happier with my 107. The trigger they come with is shite, but it's an easy fix that costs 30-50 bucks.

The ALG AKT triggers are the best trigger that you'll ever buy for 50 bucks.
>>
>>29776335
Not him, but Century had to drastically change the receiver to deny full-auto parts and to fix the gremlin. Because of that aftermarket furniture and accessories that will fit Czechpoint and original vz. 58s won't fit the vz. 2008 without extensive fitting. Which ruins the gun's warranty and that of the accessories too.
>>
>>29776584
>I've got two $260 PSAK47 betas
Well no wonder he's trying so hard not to buy any more shit
>>
>>29776586

There have been lots of reports of that, yeah. G2 causing that issue across a number of BCGs, the DDI rifles are no exception.

At the point the choice is to get a new hammer or entire FCG, or send it back to DDI to have the BCG hardened. They'll do it on their dime.
>>
>>29776598
You still don't make a comment like that to your customers that have legitimate complaints about your product.
>>
File: Draco001.jpg (390 KB, 1998x1498) Image search: [Google]
Draco001.jpg
390 KB, 1998x1498
Atlantic firearms the best place to keep looking into price variance and availability of both Arsenals and DDI's? Gunbroker is good, but they have no "stock market" Gun watcher is allright also, but I feel it's holding out on me.
>>
>>29776623
Atlantic fucked me over twice, I won't buy shit from them ever again.
>>
>>29776617

You're correct, you don't, but that guy wasn't a customer. Again, he said numerous times throughout the thread he didn't own a DDI and didn't want one, didn't stop him from bitching about them even though DDI pays return shipping to fix even the smallest of issues.

There also haven't been any real complaints about DDI apart from magazine fitment (which users can fix) and the G2 Hammer dovetailing which is also affecting other rifles besides DDI.
>>
>>29776612
what other options do you have for triggers then?

>>29776628
how'd they do you lad
>>
>>29776628
Care to share your experience? I've been using them mainly for my search for an AK.
>>
>>29776646

It's not the trigger that's the problem, it's the hammer. So you could just replace the hammer with literally any other AK hammer or file down the rough edges of the G2 to alleviate the problem.

As for a whole new FCG though, you have either original combloc groups or the ALG Defense AKT.
>>
>>29776534

Yes, But they are Sold out everywhere until mid 2017 right now.
>>
>>29776646
>>29776655
They gave me an AKS-74 that had the receiver rusting like no tomorrow. It was to the point that I had to send it back to them and get my money back.

A year later, I buy a Vector V93 from them and the sights are WAY canted to the left. I call them up and tell them to fix this shit, they say get in touch with Vector.

Vector filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that same year so my warranty didn't mean jackshit. I bring this up to Atlantic and they pretty much told me I was shit outta luck and it wasn't their problem.

Sent that back and got my money. Never again.
>>
>>29776566

Only the barrel is fenocited now, DDI I called out for advertising that they still were using it and they changed it once a thread popped up about it.
>>
>>29774989
Arsenal, always.
Unless you're from Somalia, don't cheap out on your guns.
>>
>>29776671
that's some shit
>>
I have a 107f and i love it,, the build quality is great and its has a really smooth action, rivaled only by a sam or norinco milled in terms of smoothness, but the finish is shit and the trigger is not the best but i kinda like the ''2 stage'' for precise target work,, favorite ak ive owned but for the price i could have 2 lower end aks,, but i really think the bulgarian ak's are among the best...
>>
File: image_zpskzic8gyo.jpg (216 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
image_zpskzic8gyo.jpg
216 KB, 1024x1365
DDI locking lugs shit quality metal.

(This will blow your gun up)
>>
>>29776707
how do we know thats even a DDI
>>
>>29776681
That's the thing though. I'm getting into the AK game by going either to Arsenal or to DDI. However, the VZ58 is also one sexy rifle, and that bolt hold open makes me moist.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 450x320
>please \K\ help me make a +$500 choice because I'm incapable of doing my own research
>help me as I make the same fucking thread as everyone else
>lalalalalala im not going to google any of this shit that has been already explained
>>
>>29776774

fuck off
>>
>>29776707

My DDI looks nothing like that.
>>
>>29776788
This board is filled to the brim with you assholes
>wat ak47 shud I buy
>look at either a wasr or an arsenal
>wat ak47 sjud I buy

go suckstart a shotgun. You would probably make the same thread for one before doing that since you're incapable of forming your own opinions
>>
>>29776793
probably because its just some random AK image that trolls will just post to talk shit on any rifle since you can't actually identify the make.
>>
>>29776798

I'm not even the one that started the thread buddy.

Someone wants help I don't give a FUCK how many threads there are made wanting help I'll help them you fuck nugget.
>>
>>29776798
>This board is filled to the brim with you assholes
gun culture is filled to the brim with assholes
>>
>>29776798
Yeah we def need more glider threads. Maybe a few more "saw this vid on /pol/" for variety. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1451570749879.jpg (54 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1451570749879.jpg
54 KB, 600x663
>>29776999
Here, have this picture and fuck off. Do your research you cunt.
>someone doesn't like my shit spoonfeeding thread
>he must be a /pol/fag!!1

Variety, funny coming from you. Eat a dick
>>
>>29774989
>Figured maybe VZ58 and then use the extra cash left for a handgun?
>Let me know what you think.
How about pick between the slr and a real vz58 preferably with fixed stock, that way you end up with a great gun either way.
There's just so many things about the vz2008 that aren't up to par vs the real deal, other than being an ok shooter once you trash the slant brake.
>>
File: 1436669338204.jpg (391 KB, 1311x1040) Image search: [Google]
1436669338204.jpg
391 KB, 1311x1040
>>29776793
>>29776802
>>29776715
It is DDI ... it is pretty shitty...

Also, DDI guns seems to have weak ejection patterns.

MrGunsnGears video:
https://youtu.be/2fX3G-9qGC4?t=4m51s
(case stuck, carrier won't go all the way forward, tho still fired. Bullet didn't land on paper)

Rob's video:
https://youtu.be/AW2XimHGyJQ?t=13s
(seems to be very weak ejection pattern... notice the cases dribbles off/away)
(1st FTE is identical to the above video, with the 2nd FTE case still in receiver)

MAC's video:
https://youtu.be/xDogrliUcb4?t=13m35s
(case dribbles down, weak ejection)
>>
File: 1458622783020.jpg (258 KB, 1075x473) Image search: [Google]
1458622783020.jpg
258 KB, 1075x473
>>29776798
Hey fuck face, OP here. It's not as much a what AK should I buy, more of a, is the VZ underrate gun meme of the time, or should I just say fuck it and go with previous plan and get a DiddlyDee/Arsenal AK.
>>
>>29777676

Yes because videos of these guns a year ago right when they finally came to market is an indicator of their quality now. No one is disputing that fact that these rifles had a lot of issues when they first arrived.

As for MAC's video this has been debated time and time again. A number of the Hungarian parts, which are surplus, have been having these problems namely around the bolt and recoil spring, even for "like new" parts they are not un-issued and have been used.

Today this is the exception rather than the rule and once more DDI will fix it for free.
>>
>>29779801

Do not get the VZ yet. I'm being serious when I call it a special snowflake gun. It uses it's own proprietary parts and own magazines, none of which are interchangeable with AKMs.

Get yourself a real AK.
>>
>>29776707
DDI does not make their own Trunnions until just this week with the polish parts rifles, that is a Hungarian Trunnion someone posted on akfiles that DDI took care of already.
>>
>>29779873
Thanks. So the VZ2008 is not 100% interchangeable with VZ58 parts/furniture? I'm looking at a deal for a 2008, for $400-500, had figured for myself, if I potentially got one, I could just buy cheap aftermarket from Canada, since they can't into Kalashnikov, but they seem to be stocked with VZ's.
>>
>>29779952

I think VZ2008 stuff might be interchangeable with VZ58 stuff, I'm just saying that apart from that the only thing it has in common with an actual AK is the ammunition.

No AK parts can be used with one.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.