[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mosin Nagant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 3467x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 3467x506
Should I get one?
>>
Yes, now fuck off.
>>
Of course not, this isn't 2008 anymore.
>>
>>29774125
I have the same question
>get here earlier this year
>get into guns
>not sure if I should fall for the meme or wait for the next one
>>
>>29774125
>assuming youre in the US
surplus ammo and rifle prices have increased noticeably over the past year. however, theyre both still affordable and it doenst seem like prices will go down on either unless more stuff comes in. just something to keep in mind.
>>
>>29774163
Yes, in my opinion it's a boatload of fun even if it's not as cheap
>>
>>29774169
I am and this will actually be my first
>>
>>29774125
Do you like history? Do you care more about intangible things such as novelty or performance? Do you reload?

If the answer to these questions is yes, a Mosin might be good for you. But otherwise no, get something else.
>>
>>29774191
Novelty and fun, not performance. Dumbass.
>>
>>29774205
I'd still like something that will work if I need to defend myself
>>
How cheap was the nagant?
I can find them for 150 online, was it that much cheaper a couple years back?
>>
File: 1aim2004.jpg (185 KB, 791x1024) Image search: [Google]
1aim2004.jpg
185 KB, 791x1024
>>29774227
a few years ago, they were about $100. then $150. it seems like there was a big price hike over the last year or so.
first gun? id probably pick something else. maybe a yugo mauser if you dont want anything "modern"
>>
>>29774216
Then get a shotgun, or an AR, or anything else. Because those are better options.
>>
>>29774125
No, for the price you'll pay you'll be closer to a better rifle. Look for a Mauser, Enfield, Springfield instead.
>>
>>29774216
They are fun but for defense get a Mossberg Maverick 88. They are cheaper and hold the same amount of rounds. Plus, it is a whole lot more useful than a mosin as far as hunting goes.
>>
>>29774227
I bought my first one for 59 bucks before shipping from aim surplus years ago.
>>
File: freedomfighter.jpg (3 MB, 1749x2271) Image search: [Google]
freedomfighter.jpg
3 MB, 1749x2271
Do it.
>>
>>29774125
for another $100 you can get an actually nice modern rifle like a Browning A-Bolt 30-06, .270 or 300 win-mag
>>
>should I buy another gun?
The answer to this question is always yes

>should I buy a nugget?
I don't know how do you feel about them?

>OMG! THE FUCKING PINNACLE OF SLAVIC SNIPER OPERATING! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ENEMY AT THE FUCKING GATES? HOLY SHIT ITS THE BEST SURPLUS RIFLE YOU CAN BUY AND ITS LIKE $2 AND THE ROUNDS CAN BE PAID FOR WITH BITS OF STRING!
You should buy one because it will be the closest thing to a female you will ever have in your life. Much like a real girl it will be great at first, but it will eventually fill you with disgust and regret, but you will hang on because you made it sound great to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

>I dunno they're pretty sweet I guess
Fucking do it. Their fun.

>Muh history. Muh surplus. Muh 54r.
Still fucking do it

>Need something to add to the collection
Still fucking do it

>Mosins are shit.
Well then don't fucking buy one.

This has been your Mosin buying guide.
>>
I would not buy one for more than 200, I would love mine a lot more if it's bolt would cycle without me having to beat it, and no it doesn't have cosmoline in it.
>>
File: M39 inna snow.jpg (666 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
M39 inna snow.jpg
666 KB, 1280x851
>>29774125
>>29774163
I've had a 91/30 for 3 years now, got it for 100 dollars. I enjoy it, don't shoot it all the time but in my opinion its a good start if you want to collect C/R items. While the ammo is a lot more expensive its still cheaper than most .308 and .30-06, so I'd take all the people who bash it for a grain of salt. Sure its not super high performing or anything compared to other period weapons like the mauser, enfield or arisaka but its still alright. For what its worth I just bought another one (finnish M39) and look forward to its arrival.
>>
>>29775188
is your spring completely covered in rust and have you never polished the bolt caming surfaces?
>>
>>29774125
Not right now since no9ne of them are sub 250
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.