[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I leave for BMT in a week and a half. Can anyone give me some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 225x225
I leave for BMT in a week and a half. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm 24 and just graduated college. I joined cause I always wanted to join the air force and just felt like I need a change pace.
I just want some advice.

Another question is
My job will be Client Systems and I've heard that I get leave after I finish tech school but I want to know if I will go to tech school right after basic or wait around?
>>
Why would you go enlisted if you've graduated college? Literally no reason to not commission instead.
>>
>>29772314
This guy gets it. See about commissioning as soon as possible.
>>
I double majored in chemistry and microbiology
My GPA isn't good enough I got a 2.6 and even at meps they told me I needed a 3.0
>>
>>29772314
>>29772326
PLEASE, listen the these people. I'm enlisted in the Air Force too, and you will be much happier as an officer. The enlisted has absolutely nothing to offer you other than disappointment and frustration if you have already finished college. It isn't bad if you are trying to get a degree, but you'll find yourself way too overqualified to work with the knuckle dragging mongoloids you'll be around on a daily basis.

>I've heard that I get leave after I finish tech school but I want to know if I will go to tech school right after basic or wait around?

You'll go to Tech school right after Basic, although there is a small chance you might be held in Basic if you have an injury or something odd happens.
>>
>>29772298
USMC Infantry or GTFO
>>
>>29772366
Like I said
My GPA wasn't good enough

And plus I don't have the money to pay off some school fees that I was charged my last semester so I can't get my degree

I am going in as E3 though
>>
>>29772298
BMT for AF is nothing really as long as you are not a pussy. People in my flight were literally crying every night but its really not that bad. You will get yelled at but you can just brush that off. Just remember it has long days but short weeks.

Afterwards, you'll be sent to Keesler AFB for Tech school and depending on if your class has started yet you may or may not have to wait. If you do have to wait you'll be put on CQ which entails you opening a closing a door for 12 hours straight. no leave till after unless your there during christmas.
>>
Wait what? Literally crying LOL

Also literally opening and closing doors is that an anology?

I think after majoring in two sciences I'll be okay studying anything now
>>
>>29772489
well the opening and closing door thing is an exaggeration. CQ is in 12 hour shifts and some of its duties entail opening the door and checking IDs.

Be wary though, When i was at Keesler AFB for tech school the client systems class had an incredibly high wash back rate because of the last week of A+ certification they had to do in their last week.
>>
>>29772538
I've heard negative things about A+
I'm sure I'll be fine

I'm just anxious to see how the process works and actually start getting a pay check after the last 5 years of school
>>
So basic was easy. If you are at all a normal human and can run at all you will do fine. Tech school is RIGHT AFTER basic. And you dont go home untill after tech school. Unless there is a holiday like xmas. I went home for xmas. If you are 21 techschool is fun. If not, have fun beeing a driver. E-4 Comm/Nav avionics tech here.
>>
>>29773229
Oops, i forgot to mention. You might not leave for tech after basic IF the tech school you have to go to does not have open seats for you to go. If this is the case you have to wait a few weeks to go.
>>
>>29772298
Carve the shoe polish out of a tin and keep your money in there so you don't have to make a money list. Alternatively bring like $40 in quarters.
>>
>>29772412

Seriously? Your GPA isn't high enough for some logistics admin bullshit?

I'm going to make you swap out all the systems in my wing because I hate you.
>>
>>29772298
You fucking retard. I'm an e4 in the AF, and that's a nonner job. If you have a degree be a fucking officer. Way way way way way way way more money. Check the pay for an e5 with 6 years in and then the pay for an e3 with 6. Don't even get me started on e9 with 20 vs 0-6 with 20. You fucking retard. But thanks for joining brother. You will be one of us. Just don't let yourself be ruled by those over to screw those under you for no good reason
>>
>>29772454
NO DO NOT DO THE 6 YEAR. 4 years and chance for retrain at 36 mo vs 6 year and retrain at 60 mo. Bruh it's not worth the 100 extra bucks a month. I fucked up. I'm in Minot AFB now. Fuck this hellhole. It's -70 in the winter.
>>
Loadmaster here. I get paid to sit around and get paid more (~$1000 per diem) week to actually do my job. No regrets.

>oh and I can tell checks I fly for a living
>>
>>29774882

Ex-boom operator on a KC-135, I can concur with the aircrew lifestyle. You get to travel everywhere. Got out as an E6 and currently year 2 of a nursing program. No student loan debt is amazing.

I would also say to keep your options open with the Guard of Reserves. I was active duty stationed in shitty Grand Forks, North Dakota back when they had tankers, but switched to the Reserves after 3 years and couldn't have been happier.
>>
>>29775309

Guard -or- Reserves.
>>
>>29772403
11 bang bang or fuck off
>>
>>29775331
I'm a ex-2E1x3 turned client systems.

You will hate your life, I got out after 10 years in because I went Client Systems. Welcome to being the most bitch AFSC in the airforce.
>>
Basic is easy if you're not an idiot or a pussy, as mentioned above. You go straight to tech school where you may have to wait around awhile for your class to start. I was on details for three weeks when I went through. You can take leave after, ask about R.A.P., almost free leave if your recruiter isn't a dick.
>>
>>29775397
I didn't go on detail at all, but I was on the tail end of a dying AFSC with a 8 month tech school.
>>
>>29775408
I'm maintenance, they have to start training us to take the constant ass pounding early.
>>
>>29775448
I'm above >>29775358
Ground Rat wasn't fun, outside of them ditching us in the woods in Mississippi, and having us find each other using DAGR's and PRC-113's.
>>
kinda off topic but there isnt a MEG up, im leaving in September for AF BMT , assigned job is Cyber System Operations, anyone know if its a good job or not
>>
>>29772412
>I can't get the piece of paper I need to earn money because I owe the magic paper mill money :(

Modern America just needs to fucking die
>>
>>29772403
Yut!
>>
>>29772314
>Why would you go officer once you've graduated college? Literally no reason to not get a real job instead.

FTFY
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.