[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/ military/archives/2013/0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/archives/2013/03/28/tech-sgts-take-heat-after-receiving-medals/78535944/
How does this make /k/ feel?
Anyone here that actually earned a bronze star care.
>>
>>29769104
Okay the comment about how the medal should only reward those in combat makes me really sad that people really do think the majority of the military is just jarheads.
>>
>>29769164
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>29769104

she was just a really really good accountant bro.
>>
>>29769174
Alright let's just get rid of anybody in the us military who doesn't have the chance of combat deployment so they dont take muh reward for menial merits from muh mareenz.
>>
Bronze stars are handed out like candy at a NAMBLA convention, to anyone e7 and up.

They get them for fobbit deployments, pcs award, etc award, and even sometimes for NTC.

E6 will get Meritorious Service Medals just as easy.

E5 and e4 will get Army achievement medals.

Privates usually just get bumped up a rank.
>>
>>29769104
>vetfag with 2 bronze stars here
they could have gotten the medals for showing tits, or they could have gotten them by being women who actually did their jobs (rare).

The article raised a good point about how fucking meaningless the bronze star (without V) is.

My first one was awarded to the whole unit for the meritorious act of not getting caught jacking off on post. That was it, we didn't do shit aside from drive around base and masturbate.

The second one was an individual award for not ratting out the Colonel when I caught him throat fucking a SMSgt (DADT was still in play).

The AF is so point based when it comes to promotions that Bronze Stars are used to help maintain competition. If a woman gets RIF'd, Congressional hearings will be held about sexism in the military.
>>
>>29769314
>not ratting out the Colonel when I caught him throat fucking a SMSgt

Dude that's so fucking hot
>>
>>29769314
Was she hot?
>>
>>29769314
Did you join in after you caught them?
>>
>>29770033
>DADT
>she
>>
>>29770124
Oh, they were fags. Thats disgusting
>>
>>29769243
This just in, marine corporal and pfc get into arguement. Turns into a fight, corporal accused of hazing and court martialed, pfc awarded navy achievment medal.

Literally just happened in my battalion today. Back when I was a boot taking a swing at a corporal was assaulting an NCO and got you in a lot of trouble. Now it gets you awarded apparently.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.