[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly do the ISIS fighters do wrong in this video?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: charles-bukowski.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
charles-bukowski.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
So what exactly do the ISIS fighters do wrong in this video?

https://news.vice.com/video/what-its-really-like-to-fight-for-the-islamic-state
>>
>>29768819
That the one where the guy fires off an RPG in a crew compartment in the first 30 seconds?

If so, there's your answer.
>>
>>29768819
Is this the armored truck go pro video that has been making the rounds? of so:

>if your opposition has RPGs, those home brew armored trucks might as well be coffins.
>clear lack of training. Losing mags, fumbling with rockets. Nothing practiced. Shooting at nothing. Panicing immediatly
>the cluster fuck of a dismount from the disabled vehical. Standing around gathering shit instead of having it ready to go. Not having a plan you have practiced for abandoning the vehical.
>apparently no planning at all
>that fucking roll
>>
>>29768819

They should be using their armored cars and machine gunners as highly mobile suppressive fire platforms. That machine gunner needs to actually stop spazzing out for three seconds and suppress the enemy.

The infantry in that truck need to fucking dismount and close and destroy the enemy. The gun trucks support the infantry advance, the infantry make sure things like RPGs are neutralized.

They need to dictate who the fuck is what. Who the machine gunner and assistant gunner are, who the anti-armor gunner is. All those idiots in that truck shouldn't be randomly grabbing the RPG. One guy should have the RPG and all the rockets should be with him or his assigned assistant. They should organize their rockets better.

They need to clean that truck. When you lose your rifle in the mess, there is an issue.

Basically they are all acting like a rifleman, when they need to act like a machine gunner or an RPG operator.
>>
>>29768819
If bukowski was still around we could send him to the middle east to fuck up all the bad guys.
Just keep him full of steak dinners , beer and cheap wine and the daesh would be fucked
>>
theyre retarded sandniggers, what do they ever do right?
>>
>>29768819

It seemed like they didn't plan out their attack at all.

They were driving with their make-shift armored vehicles (am I wrong or did they use foam to cover the sides? it looks like foam to me) to a uphill fortified position without any smoke covering or efficient covering fire. That is basically asking to be shot by anti-vehicle rockets.

On top of that they seemed completely disorganized and untrained.

The tactical rolls are pretty retarded too but then again I wouldn't know what to do in their position either. Crawling away from the truck in any direction turned them into easy targets for any sniper. Might as well roll away in style.
>>
Goddamn it, Abu Hajaar.
>>
What the hell was that last guy at the end doing?
>>
>>29770393
Not getting shot. The guy standing up got shot
>>
File: guy running.jpg (92 KB, 1440x912) Image search: [Google]
guy running.jpg
92 KB, 1440x912
>>29770464
I meant the guy who was running out in the open like this.
>>
>>29768819
Everything.
>>
>>29770533
trying to get his 72 virgins
>>
>>29770393
I think he was running for one of the trucks while trying to fire at the enemy.
>>
>>29768819
Their trucks stop out in the open while they trade fire with the enemy position on the hill. Unsurprisingly, they get an RPG for their troubles.
>>
>>29768921
How do we know that OP isn't actually an ISIS fighter trying to learn what his buddies did wrong?

OP, the men in that video displayed unmatched valor and professionalism. They fought with skill and bravery, and militaries the world over could learn from their example.
>>
>>29768832
#roasted
>>
>>29768819
Parked a handful vehicles in an open field in front of fortifications and then stood up in the field after dismounting.
>>
>>29768926
>Bukowski
>fighting a war
>>
>>29770792
Keeping fucking control of the muzzle of that MG3, for one.
>>
>>29768819
>stop! let me tell you goodbye
>hugs and kisses
>>
>>29768819
>Don't know RPG has backblast and fire it in crew compartment
>Forget safety on RPG the second time
>Fire at nothing in panic
>Fumble around, panicking
>Bully one guy when everyone's fucking up
>Get fucked, decide to roll on the ground all the way back to base
The fact these fuckers get an MG42 and we don't pisses me off
>One of them gets up from rolling and runs back to the blown to shit vehicle while firing at everything for no reason
>>
>>29770929
>Get fucked, decide to roll on the ground all the way back to base
>>
>>29770929
It's already been determine it's an MG3
>>
Oryx already did a detailed write up of the incident that included post-battle images from the Kurdish side. Worth a read as it includes a number of details you might miss just watching the video.
>>
>>29771213

link?
>>
>>29771695
4chan doesn't like blogspot links, just search for "Oryx inside a DIY offensive"
>>
>>29771793

Thanks, m8
>>
Did anyone else see the roll and think of MGSV?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.