[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a 8 rounds of .45 acp stop a bar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: 1445919172715.jpg (133 KB, 800x485) Image search: [Google]
1445919172715.jpg
133 KB, 800x485
Just finished watching the revenant..
>>
>>29768316
Is the bar made of steel? If so then I doubt it.
>>
Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.
>>
>>29768331
sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you
>>
>>29768340
wizard
>captcha for both times was grass
>>
>>29768316
In Leonardo's scenario, I'd take a 1911 over the rifle that he was using. The 45 is less powerful but it's more maneuverable when a bear is on top of you and you get 8 shots.
>>
>>29768316

those are so many glocks...
>>
>>29768316
I haven't seen the revenant yet, does the bar fall from a building under construction or is it thrown by someone?
>>
File: arrested-1124[1].jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
arrested-1124[1].jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>29768316
8 rounds of ball stopped 5 dindus and scared off countless more, so it'd probably stop a bear
>>
I bought a .44 after watching the bar scene
>>
>>29768316
3 rounds of 10mm would take a bar down
>>
>>29768316
What kind of bar we talking? Pub, dock, biker, gay?
>>
>>29768316
It depends how many people are working at the bar.
>>
>>29768316
What kind if bar are we talking about? If its made of solid oak and fully stocked you are fucked m8
>>
>>29768837
Who said anything about bears?
>>
>>29768316
Depends on if the bar see's you first, and if it's mad you're firing on friendlies, you Nazi infiltrator.
>>
File: manlet.jpg (44 KB, 587x663) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
44 KB, 587x663
>>29768837
Daily reminder that stolenvalor buddyfucker sang like a canary to sell these two fuckwit tripfaggots down the river and save his own ass
>>
>>29768316
All I know is that the right to bar arms shall not be infringed.
>>
>>29768964

>not squealing on fuckwit tripfaggots to save your own ass
Now THAT would have been retarded.
>>
>>29768975
Yeah, but organizing and planning the whole thing then backing out at the last second, then spilling every fucking detail is pretty shitty. Even for a spic lying "marine"
>>
>>29768964
What happened?
>>
>>29768995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-XIGJZMEI

A bunch of tripfags went to a BLM "protest" because they knew people would get mad at them and they wanted to make funny maymays for /k/, then they got attacked and chased by the negroids they enraged, then shot some.

Then one of the more retarded tripfags tattled.
>>
>>29768995
>stolen valor and blackpowder homo go to mpls nignog protests
>make video making racist comments and flashing handguns
>stolen valor gets doxxed to fuck
>two nights later organizes second armed trip to protests
>backs out last second
>rest of the cadre of retards goes after being encouraged by spic buddyfucker
>nigs on high alert because of video from several nights before
>immediately accost the bumbling morons
>dead dad arctic fuck gets punched, whole crew runs like bitches
>chased a couple blocks
>blackpowder retard magdumps muh fuddy five
>5 hits, no kills
>dumbasses disperse
>bpr calls cop buddy for advice
>pig fucker friend calls mpd and gets bpr swatted
>arctic faggot, chink dan, and some teink poofter turn themselves in
>saiga"marine" gets arrested
>tells every detail in exchange for immunity
>released the same day
>resr of the idiots stay locked up for a while
>bpr and dead dad fox spend the holidays getting buttpounded by jerome in county
>stolenvalor robs his friend of $2000
>flees country to south america
>>
File: Thats a Paddlin.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Thats a Paddlin.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>29768878
put 5 in it to make sure.
>>
>>29769035
proving tripfags are the most cancerous of curr on all of 4chan
>>
File: 1344736121035.jpg (580 KB, 666x870) Image search: [Google]
1344736121035.jpg
580 KB, 666x870
all depends on the BAR
>>
>>29769206
Not just tripfags, hispanic tripfags at that.

Could you imagine the level of faggotry if you got dr8c0 and stolenvalor together?
>>
>>29769139
If I'm being attacked by a bear, I'm putting the whole mag in, and if I have the wherewithal I'll probably loaf another and empty that one too.
>>
>>29768964
proofs?
>>
File: 1448161228620.jpg (69 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
1448161228620.jpg
69 KB, 250x374
>>29769294
>being attacked by a bear
I can see you walking into the zoo, jumping into the enclosure and mauling a Koala or Panda and claiming self defense.

If Black Bear you can kick it and it will more than likely run away.

If Brown Bear.... UNLOAD AND Hope you have enough mental capacity to aim under that pressure.
>>
>>29769247
What about one of these bars?
>>
>>29768837
All those article titles, holy shit, lol.
>The face of white supremacy in America has changed
>Minnesota Men Arrested in Link with Minneapolis Terrorist Attack
>Four white Gun Enthusiasts arrested for shooting into Blacklivesmatter crowd
>Racists like Dylann Roof are among the new faces of white supremacy
I mean they're nothing rags but no much bias there at all.

>>29768995
>some nigger gets shot for acting a nigger
>blm force assembles and occupies a vacant lot or something because no charges were pressed against the officer who put it down
>tripfags get together and counter protest
>they live broadcast their shenanigans
>make fun of protestors
>say silly words
>news media catches wind of the videos and reports that they are white supremacists because they aren't succor to the criminal empowerment propaganda that is BLM
>some days later they go back
>"protestors" attack them, they are struck several times, someone tries to choke a trip
>tripfags flee
>"protestors" pursue several blocks before a tripfag gets winded and opens fire in self defense
>both parties flee the scene before later calling the police and turning themselves in
>media explodes

>>29769206
I really don't feel they did anything wrong although they could have handled the aftermath better. They were assaulted, pursued, and only then defended themselves.

The trips may have been faggots but really.
>>
>>29769728
They even admit that they attacked the shooters and got shot after chasing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-XIGJZMEI
>>
>>29769728
IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
Spelling mistakes aside, I would say that it would depend on what ammo you're using. You would definitely need some kind of soft point rounds, and if you emptied your mag into his vitals then you would probably put him down. Now, SHOULD you try to use a 1911 for a bear? No fucking way, I've heard stories or bears rushing groups of three or four hunters armed with high powered hunting rifles, taking a hail of bullets, and only dropping a few feet in front of them.

Long story short, if you are rushed by a bear and all you have is a .45 then use it, if you have the option of something like a .308 or that range then that will definitely be better.

Pro tip: if you shoot a bear and don't kill it or severely cripple it, it can fly into a rage and willy probably kill you well before it dies.
>>
>>29769728
>>news media catches wind of the videos and reports that they are white supremacists because they aren't succor to the criminal empowerment propaganda that is BLM
Sure, its because they dont support blm, not because they made a video calling blacks "dindus" and saying "stay white" while flashing a handgun

>I really don't feel they did anything wrong
They had no reason to go down there. Hell, two of them had to drive down to the cities from fucking duluth or wherever. Yes, they had the legal right to be there like anyone else. But if you don't think they went down there specifically looking for trouble you're fucking delusional.

They smacked a hornets nest and got stung for it. Fuck em, they make the rest of us law abiding, sane gun owners look like jerkoffs.
>>
Does a bar shit in the woods and wipe its ass with a lucky white ribbit?
>>
>>29770644
Fuckin a, it does.
>>
>>29768316
Maybe a black bear, but you'd be entirely up shit creek trying to face off against a grizzly with a 1911
>>
>>29770050

>They had no reason to go down there.

Neither did the manufactured outrage agitators, but you don't anyone calling them out.

When you hear someone has a gun, you get the fuck away from the situation, not charge headfirst into the bullets and whine when you get shot.
>>
>>29768316
Black bear might be scared off, but you're fucking with a grizzley
>>
>>29768837
Bears are vastly meatier creatures.

>>29769247
That'd do a good job against a bear, I'll say.

>>29769368
>black bear
>kick it
Not even that, just shout really loudly and sternly at it.

>>29771024
>shoot at grizzly with 1911
I can't think of a worse idea.
>>
File: aint that some shit.png (9 KB, 100x124) Image search: [Google]
aint that some shit.png
9 KB, 100x124
>tfw you know all of them have been waiting 5 months for a fucking trial
>tfw you know all of them are scheduled for late june, but not necessarily for trial
>tfw there is amendment against this
>tfw they will probably sue the city once this is done and they are cleared

Daily reminder that they did nothing wrong. Shit, how long did it take for them to put Zim Zam on the stand? This is the same shit playing over again on a smaller scale. They will walk, but the state, media, and useful idiots will try to drain them for their valiant watermelon removing efforts.
>>
>>29770997
They went down there only because of the protests in sesrch of a confrontation. This has been confirmed by texts sent between the ginger whose dad an heroed and the chubby fuck who can't score a fatal hit magdumping into a crowd less than 10 yards away.

Yeah, the protests were fucked. But those idiots wouldn't have spent any time behind bars, and the one wouldn't be looking at spending basically his whole life in prison.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
>>
>>29771823
Does anyone have links to these logs or is it media hearsay? Legitimate question.
>>
>>29770997

>manufacture outrage agitators

Are you one of those people who thinks that every cause you don't agree with is made up?
>>
Do you guys remember

>BerenSTEIN bars?

or

>BerenSTAIN bars?
>>
>>29771024

Bears generally don't get scared if you hurt them. The best bet with a black bear would be to fire warning shots, if you wound him he will most likely just get pissed and rip your dick off. People seriously underestimate how solidly a bear is built. Bullets from high powered rifles literally bounce off their skulls. To hit their vitals you need to penetrate their hides, which are exceptionally thick and tough, a thick layer of fat, plus their extremely dense and strong bones depending on where you hit them. Even bears that are hit in lethal areas like the lungs will often run up to a mile before going down, so they certainly have enough energy to kill you. A 1911 against even a black bear would be retarded.
>>
>>29771906
Its not media hearsay, its in the police reports that they went down there looking to "stir some shit up", amd would "make them disperse"
>>
>>29769728
They aren't getting charged with shooting people. They're getting charged with intent to riot, because they sent a bunch of texts saying that they expected the protesters to get rustled by their antics.
>>
>>29771982
So you're telling me, if I hit a grizzly in the head with a 45, it will stop the bullet?

That sounds like major fudd lore.
>>
In Alaska a guy killed a brown bear with a glock 21.
If i remember right he shot a few rounds, it ran then came back repeated that 2 or 3x before it died
Not sure what ammo he was using but desu a FMJ to the head should do the job or a buffalo bore load
>>
>>29769035
Was saiga"marine" the same dude who used to just go by Saigaguy back in the day?

I'm not really a /k/ regular anymore so I missed this whole thing, but I remember that guy from the old tripfag days. (Like back when Meplat and Hotaru and them were around.)
>>
>>29772029

It has to do with the slope of the skulls, at it was told to me by a veteran bear hunter of 30 years so I'll believe him. He has about 50+ bears under his belt so if anybody would know it would be him.
>>
>>29771982
>Bullets from high powered rifles literally bounce off their skulls.
No, they generally don't. Their skulls are not made of unpenetranium.
This half truth largely descends from accounts of early frontiersmen and later unprepared twats bouncing rounds off their domes before people started larger bore rifles capable of safely firing with larger charges for the express purpose of fucking up monsters like bison and grizzly. It hasn't been an issue for a very long time which isn't to say it's a good target in a self defense situation as a bear's brain is something like a soda can in dimension.
>>29772029
Modern firearms have few qualms about penetrating bear skull but like I said it's a poor choice of target.
At least a bears have been found with heads full of bullets which failed to hit the brain case.
>>29772070
Stop spreading fuddlore.
>>
>>29772060
No, he tripped as saigamarine.

General lying shitheel, claimed to have gotten a silver star among other awards and was called out when hhe posted hos doctored dd214 and it didn't show a silver star.

Problem drinker who shitposted on here then took his memery irl and ended up leading a couple younger, impressionable fuckwads to throw their lives away for his amusement.

Also bragged about doing drugs and fucking hamplanets.
>>
>>29771965
It was always stain. You fucks are just dumb.
>>
>>29772942
Oh yeah? I bet you remember it as "This is the song that doesn't end" too. Lying fuck.
>>
>>29771823
its a learning curve. anon
>>
>>29768817
>>29768331
>>29768927
>>29768891
>Yankees, yankees everywhere.

Doesn't anyone remember the goddamn Davy Crockett theme song?
>>
>>29772942
You are wrong, though.
>>
>>29768316
Why not fight a bar with a BAR?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.