[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blades forged from Meteorite ore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: images (5).jpg (22 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
22 KB, 470x313
Howdy...
Anyone own or have any experience with knives or any other edged weapons that have been forged from a meteorite?
http://www.strangehistory.net/2014/07/20/meteorite-weapons/
Especially interested in kris.
Pic related,
Especially.especially interested in any information regarding the Prambanan Meteorite (1797) it fell very close to where I am currently living
>>
>>29767934
Meteorites are fucking expensive so there's probably only a few blades out there
>>
>>29767934
Man at arms on YouTube crafted a meteorite sword ( sakas sword from avatar) awhile ago but they had to mix in regular metal so it can be made properly
>>
>>29767973
This.
Meteor blades are cool, but essentially worthless from a utilitarian standpoint. Modern metallurgy is just too good and we know a lot about steel
>>
>>29767934
Ask the Inuits, they were the only Native Americans that worked with iron.
>>
>>29768502
They didn't work iron, the just scavenged what they could find. Often from whales they cut up, they'd find harpoon points, nails and some times buckles of sorts in the carcasses.
>>
File: IWFknife.jpg (35 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IWFknife.jpg
35 KB, 960x540
>>29767934
Good friend of mine is a blacksmith/knife maker. He uses meteorite in his blades when/if a customer wants it. Pic related, meteoric Damascus [sky iron and W2 tool steel folded to blend carbon] forge welded to Wootz crucible steel, because why the fuck not.
>>
File: federA03.jpg (14 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
federA03.jpg
14 KB, 800x800
>>29767934
Fancy a game of gwent?
>>
>>29767934
How much magik does the ore add?
>>
Metallurgy has moved on.

Mostly what a meteorite is composed of is a decent iron/tungsten/vanadium/nickel/misc alloy.

but we can do that better and more repeatable with modern techniques.

so unless you want a meteor sword for bragging rights...which if your a sword fag you probably do.
>>
>>29768502
Yeah they gleaned some knowledge from coming into contact with european iron artifacts, but if you want native americans who could actually into metallurgy, see the Tiwanaku people and people of the colombian coast, who could actually into bronze all on their own
>>
>>29768534
I'd spend frivolous amounts of money on that if I we're rich.
>>
the two swords in the movie 'Exodus" that the brothers are given are supposed to be forged from a meteorite.
18 items of meteoritic iron have been found in the tomb of Tutankhamen. blades forged from a gift from the gods ( I worked those two swords in the movie) they had bronze blades and 3d printed metal hilt and handle
>>
>>29767934
According to local superstition, there are 3 things that would deal damage boost to supernatural entities; Meteorite blades, thunderstone (basically a glassed stone when a lightning strikes the soil) as well as some kind of red stone you would get from a centipede.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.