[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ how real is that fight ? https://youtu.be/UGkl_JVvoLw i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1461616758620.jpg (39 KB, 460x817) Image search: [Google]
1461616758620.jpg
39 KB, 460x817
/k/ how real is that fight ?
https://youtu.be/UGkl_JVvoLw

is this really how fights looked then? or is it the same as boxing vs real life fight ?
>>
>>29766181
I don't think scholars have reached an agreement on what real combat was like.

I imagine that the grappling might be somewhat similar but if I had to guess in real combat it was probably a lot more attempts at stabbing and knocking down and executing rather than whacking armored plate with a sword.
>>
>>29766181
these guys are terrible
and I say that from the perspective of a guy who's never practiced nor researched anything beyond my friends and I beating each other with sticks
>>
>>29766220
yeah, ive been talking to a friend who is deep into reenactment thing and he said that "no kill" tournaments looked pretty much like this.

but in real fight with sharp and pointy swords there was in fact more stabbing. and also once you are down its usually over.

was wondering if anyone could confirm it.
>>
>>29766240
you realise that is a video from world championship title fight ? im pertty sure those guys are actually pretty good.
>>
>>29766277
I don't believe it
They take no advantage of openings, don't block for shit, and don't move at all

Unless the rules are incredibly restrictive, these guys are terribad
>>
>>29766288
they seem really tired and gassed almost immediately, I think that armor is really fucking heavy and hot.
>>
>>29766297
>they seem really tired and gassed almost immediately

that would make sense if they were worn out
>>
>>29766288
just google it.
>>
>>29766181
From what I've seen, harnischfechten tends to be dictated by stabs to thin areas of the armor, or grapples.

Notably, this is where the long, tapered blades found in later Medieval longswords came in to being, while shields were used less and less - can't halfsword and the defense is already there in plate armor.

HEMA has some stuff on armored fighting, although the number of people with plate armor is a lot less than the number of people with swords so the scale of research is smaller. Looks like they post their tournaments on youtube.

>>29766298
Makes sense with all the wild flailing they're doing
>>
File: qkCHE2W4.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
qkCHE2W4.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>29766181
>same as boxing vs real fighting
Nice b8
>>
>>29766252
Yeah that's pretty much true.
Read a book nigga.
>>
>>29766181
this is probably pretty close to a real sword fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M
>>
>no stabbing

Into the trash
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.