[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illinois fun laws question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1461276332302.jpg (9 KB, 230x252) Image search: [Google]
1461276332302.jpg
9 KB, 230x252
Help /k/!
Alright. I was given a handgun by my father.
But i am only 19 years old.
In illinois you need to be 21 years old to own a handgun.
So the weapon is in my fathers name.

If i were to bring my handgun to a range without my father or anyone over the age of 21, would the range have a problem with this?

Other info
>19 years old
>possess FOID card
>currently in National Guard (relevant because the range allows free entry for active/retired military and might go easy on me)
>>
File: muffled_allah_akbar.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
muffled_allah_akbar.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Bump
>>
File: 1460449318890.jpg (77 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1460449318890.jpg
77 KB, 800x533
>>
Just go to a range in Indiana or Wisconsin. Nobody gives a fuck there.
>>
>>29764394
Depends what county
>>
>>29764513
Also this
>>
>>29764394
You are probably fine, IL has a mash up of laws regarding handguns. Some say it's ok while others kind of imply it's not (vauge IL Bullshit). Dont drive around with it or be a jackass, i would be shocked if the range cared unless you make it a point to say that you are under 21. Getting ammo for it may be challenging. Btw it's not in your father's name, IL doesn't require registration of firearms.
>>
>>29764523
Kane county if it matters.
is there somewhere online where i could find the specific laws?
>>
>>29764513
well yeah, that would be ideal. but theres a range not 20 minutes from my house and i would like to take advantage of this
>>
>>29764541
Okay thanks for the answer.
but what do you mean drive around with it? As in taking it back and forth to the range would be acceptable if i keep it unloaded and contained separate of the ammunition
>>
>>29764578
Like keeping it in your car all the time.

I haven't brushed up on the law in a while but you really should take the time to read it and not rely on Anons for legal matters. In IL there are both Criminal and wildlife codes that regulate the use of firearms, you need to read both. It's a lot to read but you need to sit down and do it. The wildlife codes do not just apply to hunters, they are Bullshit and can fuck you.
>>
>>29764629
Okay thanks.
Where would i read up on this? i googled it and just got articles about them and not the actual laws themself
>>
>>29764659
this is a good place to start

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/ptfire.pdf
>>
>>29764679
Thanks!
>>
>>29764394
you're literate, right? read the laws. possession of a handgun if you're under 21 is illegal. by extension of this logic, if there's no one with you who can posses the handgun, then you do.
>>
>>29764504
What magic is this.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.