[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How badly is this women in the infantry going to fuck up US combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: 1461809882240.png (1 MB, 902x1173) Image search: [Google]
1461809882240.png
1 MB, 902x1173
How badly is this women in the infantry going to fuck up US combat effectiveness? How long do you give it before we see physical standards for women dropped for combat roles, just like happened after women were allowed in the rest of the military?
>>
>>29764335
It's really not. The infantry has been a whiny piece of shit for years. The 82nd was one of the most underwhelming and disappointing places I've been in my life.
>>
File: 18k3ofz3x5u44jpg.jpg (38 KB, 320x307) Image search: [Google]
18k3ofz3x5u44jpg.jpg
38 KB, 320x307
>>29764335
>implying its any worse than Walrus team 6
>>
>>29764335
so i was reading when the marines did there study about mixed unit effectiveness, the mixed in a bunch new woman, with more experienced marines. and had them compared with a standard unit.

Did I read Wrong? why the fuck wouldnd they compare two green units?
>>
>>29765334

The Marines' Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force involved about 400 Marine volunteers, roughly 25 percent of whom were women. Over the course of nine months, teams that simulated integrated rifle, weapons, mechanized and artillery units trained to infantry standards and then executed a repetitive series of skills assessments under human testing conditions.

Male Marines with no formal infantry training outperformed infantry-trained women on each weapons system, at levels ranging from 11 to 16 percentage points.

I MEAN C'MON GUYS IT'S 2016 REALLY

2016 STOP BEING SEXIST
>>
>>29765334

But you are right, many of the male marines had more experience than the females. But still they both recieved the same baseline training and many aspects of the women's failure to perform to par is tied with their physiological traits.
>>
>>29764412
At least a fat ass can be used as cover
>>
>>29764335
Anything that weakens the military is good for when they turn it against us.
>>
>>29764335
Libtards are okay with more people dying just for the sake of satisfying a fucking ideology of -- if you are allowed to X why ain't I allowed to X too?

Following the same logic I should be an op because muh equality.
Instead I'm a fucking cripple.
>>
>>29764385
This senpai. Can't get a whole lot worse. Now they can blame it on the females though but there has always been pussies in infantry
>>
>>29765961
Better to die for an ideology than to put dollars in some right wing politicians bank account
>>
>>29764335
>earn spappy snapper tabs
>spend days laying plastic along roads/tossing plastic into caves/running from camel spiders
>hear a woman is shipping into the ID I volunteered(read:begged the captain) to attach myself to out of boredom
>she ships in, typical army brat type like bad movie stereotype
She acted like GI Jane
>clearing out caves of cell
>have to prep plastic to collapse cave entrances to supposed tunnel networks
>sticking in the back toward the entrance setting up
>fireing starts down the tunnel
>see everyone but the pointman run out
>DM bringing up the rear does some matrix shit with a pineapple as he dives away
>realize point man was still in there
>point man, a corporal I can't remember the name of got shot in the thigh just beneath the crotch ceramic, the woman tried to pull him in a fireman carry but even with the adrenaline she couldn't haul him, so she ditched him and ran

If I get shot and the only grunt around to help me is a woman who was given leeway on her PT so she can't even lift me meanwhile I can lift her, or a male soldier in full combat gear, what is she worth?
>>
>>29765975
This for sure, but I doubt downgrading institutions is the best way to ensure things will be alright for everyone
>>
>>29766138
She is worth the same as you. Soldiers are more than picking things up and putting them down
>>
>Tfw your pic is of the only job females are good for.

Nurses.
>>
>>29766138
Apologies for my igborance.
I didn't know how lifting others is important for you guys.

I can tell why, now... but maybe the public needs to be better informed. If I weren't lurking on /k/ on my own accord, I would never have realized the importance of such thing.
>>
>>29766194
>igborance
What have I written
>>
>>29766178
>>29766194
>soldiers are triggers
>a soldier who can shoot, but can't lift a comrade who can match her exact skill set AND lift himself, herself, or another male is just as valuable as the man she cannot lift
I hope you're baiting.
>>
>>29764335
>How badly is this women in the infantry going to fuck up US combat effectiveness?
Hardly at all, since women don't actually want to join - they just want the RIGHT to join.

Just look at Canada's military. They've allowed women in all roles for years, yet their infantry is still like 98% male.
>>
>>29765961
I have had a full bluepill navy female reservist tell me that explicitly. "People will die anyways," -- direct quote. Along with claiming that more people dying wouldn't be a big deal for the military's effectiveness because people are replaceable and losing some wouldn't change things overall.

I was unable to contain my disgust.
>>
>>29766182
This.

My aunt was navy nurse for 25 years.

She hates this GI jane shit. Like she would say. " if she cant even lift them on the table( by herself) how the hell could she drag them off the battlefield."
>>
>>29764412
Like that motherfucker needs 3 more pizzas...
>>
>>29766202
The women were proven better shots in that study though
>>
>>29766354
What he's saying is if he gets shot in a way that leaves him unable to walk and his life lies in the hands of someone who has to carry him away from the firefight before he gets executed and the only person is a woman who cannot drag him away because the woman was not required to take the same physical training as him he's a deadman because if it

Also, no one besides snipers and designated marksman really even aim
Like my grandpappy(a us army ranger no less) said "aim? Nobody aims in the jungle boy!"
>>
Women in infantry is a gesture, nothing more.
They'd be the last deployed in the event of an actual war.
They're just doing this to pacify that whiny nigger in the white house.
>>
>>29766354
Meaningless. All you need to be is combat accurate.
>>
>>29765360
>>29765378

Former 0311 and I can say without reservation women cannot stand on an equal footing.

It would be like hiking with my wife. We will get up the trail, but not before I have to carry her pack for a bit, console her emotionally and encourage her, then allow her to rest and pout while I set up camp.

Im not even sexist really. Women can be fine doctors or lawyers or even politicians (OK usually not that last one). But Infantry? Hell no. Hell to the fucking no. Luckily nearly every female in my family and extended family agrees with me.

My mom usually says, "do these women WANT to be raped"?
>>
>>29766453
All for libtards
Man I just wanted a boys club where we shoot guns and piss off haji.
Now women are going to be involved and my only hope is that there is a war and they all get magically pregnant so they go home and I won't have to deal with it.
Seriously women ruin everything.
Source I grew up with the cuntz
Seriosusly who fucking cares if you can rest a rifle on a bench and shoot a target at 20 yards try doing it when your tired and been running.
But what the fuck do I know.
>>
>>29766523
Still false claims about it in the military too which ruins a mans life but oh well she got her money.
Putting the queen in welfare queen.
Seriously fuck
>>
File: 1461853183451.jpg (260 KB, 887x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461853183451.jpg
260 KB, 887x1080
>>29764335
As long as they are held to the same standards..
>>
>>29766354
Well by golly, if by somehow her accuracy with a firearm is capable of pulling my ass out of a room before I get my shit pushed in then we're talking.
>>
>>29766354
Sauce?
>>
Let me tell you an observation based on many years in the military, and more years shooting and introducing people to shooting.

I have never had a women who was new to shooting not struggle when asked to rack a handgun. Even women who had been shooting for a while had trouble, often their husbands or boyfriends would actually rack the handguns for them. So when I would ask a woman to rack a handgun, they struggled. Some would look at me like they were going to cry in frustration. More than one has just plain given up.

Some women really want to be good shooters, so they practiced racking a handgun. They got a special technique down, and they went to the gym. It often took weeks, but eventually they were able to reliably rack a handgun. They acted like it was a big accomplishment- and it was, they really had come a long way over their weeks of dedication.

When I ask a male novice shooter to rack a handgun, he racks it and we move on.
>>
File: 1442977496716.jpg (35 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1442977496716.jpg
35 KB, 351x351
>>29764385
>airborne

found your problem
>>
>>29767493

My wife racked the handgun right the first time she ever handled one. It was a PX4.

She's also 5'10" and country as fuck. The woman pulled off a 40 yard unsupported shot on a suspect (probably rabid) dog with that same gun. And she shot like 95th percentile in her CCW class. I would not fuck with her.

But she's literally one out of hundreds of thousands. Most of her gender are useless twats.
>>
>>29766354
That may be true for laying on a range shooting at paper targets.

Women do have better hand eye coordination but how many women have the sense or retain training on how to use their weapons?

The worse people I've ever seen on a range where the females from our support company. Supply clerks, cooks, mechanics not one of them could remember proper shooting stances, not a single one was a first time go on the zero range.

So the USMC found the best women possible to send to infantry testing. Some shot better then the male pogs. How many could still shoot that well when the targets started shooting back?
>>
>>29767643
Once we had to sit for an hour at the zero range because a female didn't realize you had to actually turn on an Eotech. She though ou just looked through the window of it and lined the front sight up with the target. She even answered the NCO watching her that she could see the red dot, apparently because she was nervous or something.

Swear to god. A fucking hour before the NCO got frustrated enough to check out the Eotech himself and figure out it hadn't even been turned on.

I have no fucking idea what that women thought she was adjusting on it with the knobs.

She was an E5 by the way.
>>
>>29767643
Wait so the USMC actually cherrypicked the best females for their test?
>>
>>29767705
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H92sDx5M2dk

Female "sergeant" at rifle qual :^)
>>
Who says the standards are going to drop? Keep the standards, just let women participate. If they can't make it then send them home like any other washout. If they do make it then let them fight.
>>
>>29767770
History says so. People were told that women in the military would be held to the same standards as men.

Then a while after that, the progressives threw a fit about how there weren't as many women making it as they wanted, and standards were decreased.
>>
>>29764335
How about an actual war? Should keep roasties out.
>>
>>29765961
>if you are allowed to X why ain't I allowed to X too?

they don't ask "why?", but "why not?"
>>
>>29767498

What's what wrong with Airborne?

I was an 0311 but I was a cunt hair of joining Airborne. Ended up turning down turning down a 20,000 bonus enlistment to follow my dreams as an Oorah.

What's wrong with Airborne they are usually pretty bro tier from my experience.
>>
>>29768065
>Aurborne
>Bro tier

The 82nd airborne has serious little man syndrome because of sharing a base with Special Forces. They are constantly doing "tough stuff" to I dunno, validate themselves. They work harder, not smarter. They are extremely hard headed and take the interservice rivalry thing way too ducking seriously to the point of shitting on everybody not airborne as a way of making them feel superior; they will disregard valid advice just because somebody is not airborne.

They talk about the WW2 airborne landings as if they personally, themselves had accomplished it.

The 82nd is try hard in all the wrong ways and it constantly bites th in the ass.
>>
File: pretty-female-bodybuilder.jpg (36 KB, 350x303) Image search: [Google]
pretty-female-bodybuilder.jpg
36 KB, 350x303
Just condition women interested in military service early, physically.

Women can become insanely strong given enough time.
>>
>>29768090

So if they had their own base, they'd be less insecure?
>>
>>29768098
This is the issue though. If you have a class of 10 women and 10 men to condition, the men are going to be getting slowed down.

If you expect women to condition themselves to the male standard on their own before joining, only a few actually will, and we continue to have low female pass rates which is considered politically unacceptable.
>>
>>29768090
Sounds like the units gone to shit then

In the Marines we would transfer out good NCO's to that unit to correct them.
>>
>>29768105
A lot of them are SF dropouts. There is serious cult behavior to worship their wings, despite wings not being really important.

Airborne units, 82nd especially, have a try hard culture which serves to make them play stupid games.
>>
>>29768124
>In the marines...

As if the Marines don't have units that play the exact same thick head fuck fuck games.
>>
File: 1344802750547.png (99 KB, 280x412) Image search: [Google]
1344802750547.png
99 KB, 280x412
>>29766354
This is true.

>>29766415
>>29766483
>>29767472
>>29767643
All this misogynistic asspies trying to rationalize why women being BETTER shots than men is somehow a useless or even bad thing for a soldier.

If you ever had any question about the kinds of dicklords who populate this board, then here is your answer. Seriously, fuck this place.
>>
>>29768147
1/10 bait see me after class
>>
>>29768133
Bro don't start shit.

If they do they transfer people so they don't have all their shits in 1 basket.

I'm talking to Army guys not civilians. So A and B, C your way out.
>>
>>29768098
>insanly strong
>posts chick doing only 30lbs on press
>>
>>29764412
how do these people pass PT
>>
>>29768255
IIRC that was a dude who had been out for a couple of years and got stop-lossed during the Iraq surge. He didn't give a fuck about getting back in shape and wanted out.
>>
>>29768279

So all I have to do to avoid war is get fat?
>>
>>29768291
No. Notice how he didn't avoid war?

Stop loss was a desperate time, and if you had a heartbeat and they had paperwork on you, you were going.
>>
>>29767454
Their not
>>
>>29768090
>>29768127
Jelly leg
Show me where the man with wings touched you.
>>
>>29765334
>two green units
Because there isn't 1 green unit, much less 2. We don't roll out an entirely fucking new unit with 100% inexperienced people. Nobody does that, hasn't since peasant conscription in the 1600's, and even then they got (ostensibly trained and usually experienced) professional career NCO's and nobility officers.
>>
>>29765378
The men were green as grass, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>29768319
Seriously. I'm not jelly.

Working to give operational advice and expertise to the 82nd was a nightmare because of the "lol leg" attitude. Soldiers have been seriously injured because their leadership would go directly against our advice and exactly what we said was going to happen would happen. It's very frustrating to try and talk leadership out of being thick headed and blowing up its MATVs needlessly.
>>
>>29765975
How is that better exactly?
>>
>>29766178
Are you retarded?
>>
>>29767711
Yes they did cherry pick the women they considered would do the best. I read an article about it at Marine Corps Times and the officer in charge of it came out and said even though they stacked the odds to every advantage for the females they still didn't live up to what was needed. What was found was that the very tippy top 1% of females was equal to the very bottom 5% of males.

>>29767705
I'm not surprised in the least. When I went to PLDC years ago(October 2006) we had this one female E5 who was about to lose her rank because she had put off going to the course forever. One of the biggest bags of ass I had ever seen. She came from the Arkansas National Guard and work for some training command. Literally all she was there for was so she could continue to, and I quote: "I love yelling at dose little privates". Hair out of regs constantly, late to every formation, often did not wear the proper uniform, showed up wearing a piece of civilian clothing with her uniform and got into an argument with our instructor about it being authorized.

She was sent back to her unit in the second week.
>>
>>29768147
Please get banned
>>
>>29768065

Reread my post and repeated myself so many times inner face palmed.

Well I said I was a muhreen so morning drunk shouldn't surprise you. Still no one has told me how Airborne brothers aren't true bro's. They always seemed capable to me.

Where's my Band of Brothers?
>>
>>29768385
What civvie clothing? And more stories plox
>>
>>29767711
Yes
>>
File: 1385207175870.png (11 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
1385207175870.png
11 KB, 337x337
>>29764335
Is she hooked up to an IV bag hung on her rifle?

Am I seeing this right?
>>
>>29768414
It was some tan long sleeve t-shirt. This was during the transition from BDU's to ACU's and there was some confusion, as there wasn't a standard uniform across the class. That t-shirt was textured and had lines running vertical around it. There are no textured shirts authorized in uniform. She got all pissy about being told to change and argued, the instructor stayed professional the entire time, spoke in a stern voice without yelling and won.

Not a whole lot more to tell, I'm trying to remember every stupid thing this bitch did in a two week period almost 10 years ago.

She basically sucked at being a soldier and only had interest in being in power over others. A very much do as I say not as I do person.

She eventually failed at training and then failed the second time and back then a double no-go meant you failed the course.
>>
>>29768098
>Women can become insanely strong given enough time.
Insanely strong for a woman, you seriously underestimate how much of an advantage a lifetime of testosterone gives. And that's not going into differences in bone density.
>>
>>29768468
Yikes. I've worn civvie stuff in the field or deployment, but it takes a special kind of stupid to try and wear something so obvious at a TRADOC school.

I was one of the first to get ACUs in basic. I remember there being some confusion about being able to wear the old brown shirts or not, or to mix and match old and new boots and uniforms, but nobody ever took it to "wear what you want".

Did she not realize she was not back on the block?
>>
>>29768550
My mom paid over a $100 dollars and bought me tactical undershirts my first deployment. Problem, Navy blue.

Thanks mom, but I can't wear them uniform regs. She literally asked to talk to my squad leader thinking she could write me a note with an exception.

>dear Marine Corps, I'm a proud woman with a fine outstanding boy in the USMC Infantry. Please allow him to whatever the hell he wants. Signed -USMC mom

Think that's bad, my grandma actually sent a letter to the Pentagon asking about me.
>>
>>29764335
>implying they're ever in the front lines
they'll always end up being in the logistics or something.
>>
>>29768645
They already are. They want to put them in line unit slots. Those slots are front line. So either women go, or they weasel out of patrols while still being in the slot, which reduces total personnel going on patrol.
>>
>>29768437
Common oldschool field-expedient IV method. its probably still in modern TMs somewhere
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 614x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 614x761
>>29768628
Jawsome.
>>
>>29768703
It's kinda cool to live in a family where females dote on you. Or maybe just me.
>>
File: crow kek.gif (907 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
crow kek.gif
907 KB, 500x295
>>29764412
>Walrus team 6

Fucking hell Anon, I've gotta steal that some time.
>>
File: image.png (963 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
963 KB, 1136x640
>>29764412
>>
>>29768628

You would probably be a general.
>>
>>29768147
Canada makes better bait than this. Would you like a mulligan?
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.