[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most likely SHTF scenario?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: Roadblock(1).png (159 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Roadblock(1).png
159 KB, 450x450
Economic collapse, pandemic, nukes, Yellowstone, you name it. How do you plan to survive?

Pic related, a map of major military bases and likely roadblocks in Northern Virginia.
>>
>>29762860
Go into Vault 101 nigga, Its dat simple
>>
>>29762860
Hillary gets "elected"
>>
>>29762860
We reduce and soon stop government benefits payouts to [certain people].
Some react by straightening up and working.
Some react by indulging in crime and expanding their "turf."
They creep out of the cities, targeting an increasing swath of accessible suburbs, but leave alone those rural habitations, removed from the highways, which are harder to reach.
>>
>>29762860
Market & various bubbles collapse
mass panic and hysteria and utter chaos

political tension from trump getting elected god emporer creating a civil war in the streets

an EMP from a solar flare

Yellowstone erupting

california sinking back into the ocean after the overdue magnitude 100 earthquake shakes them into the pacific
>>
>implying that the most likely scenario for DC/NOVA isn't urbanite protest-rioting in DC that leads to their attempting to spread out into VA using Metro
>>
>>29763001
>california sinking back into the ocean
it's actually jamming further into the continent much like its people and politics.
>>
>>29763067
>mfw I live in MoCo and fear this
>>
File: costanza.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>29763078
>living in Maryland
>on the red line
>no river between you and rioters

Yeah, you're fucked. At least the cops here in VA would probably cordon off the Metro stations since it's a chance to finally play with all of the toys they've gotten.

>mfw cops in Alexandria patrol wearing body armor and Falls Church PD has an unmarked Mustang that they used to bust people going 35 in a 25
>>
>>29763078
Where in MoCo? Far enough west you should be fine, otherwise just take White's Ferry.
>>
>>29763075
Calvada 2020
>>
>>29763215
Rockville

killme
>>
I'm fairly ready and in the process of turning cash in the bank into a physical asset instead. Think it's safer tbqh senpai.
>>
Probably head west into big cypress national park.

Although I do not know much of the edible plant life as of now I do know the core of palm trees are edible. And tons of wildlife.
>>
>>29763240
Could be Bethesda/Silver Spring. In any case, only 40 min drive/ 2 hr 20 min bike ride to White's Ferry. Or if you can create an ad-hoc militia to defend the neighborhood.
>>29763288
Learn your edible plants. Also, remember that's where half of Miami is going to try and go, too. See if you can find a trusted group. Much safer than being alone.
>>
>>29763313
>Learn your edible plants
I'm trying to but I have no time to go out and identify them.

>remember that's where half of Miami is going to try and go
Really? I figured most would go wherever the military relocates them to.

>See if you can find a trusted group
I know that. But with my friends it is hard to choose who to be with. Good people but one is fat and the other has a very high metabolism. Third friend would be primary choice. But two isn't enough.
>>
File: Bio28Tuat01_017a.jpg (63 KB, 592x481) Image search: [Google]
Bio28Tuat01_017a.jpg
63 KB, 592x481
>>29763075
Its going roughly towards china.
>>
Central Iowa here:

I wouldn't really see anything here. The only thing we would fear is something hitting Offutt Air Base in Omaha. I would just drive an hour and stay with family in SE Iowa. Forest, farms, and empty farmhouses. Perfect
>>
>>29763263
So am I.
>>
File: IMG_1096.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
gunna go unnaground/innawood, retrofitting this old abandoned train tunnel into a bunker/shelter.
>>
>>29763374
Get an edible plant guide

If something goes down in Miami it is going to be semi-chaotic. Military probably wouldn't have full control, and people don't want to be told where to go. In any case, relocation could very well be to Big Cypress.

I feel for you on the last point. One or two isn't enough, but still better than none.
>>
>>29763423
>Metro 2033 irl
>>
>tfw in east Texas

Worst we'd likely get out here is some rampaging Katrina folk or the Mexicans get uppity and try something. It's never gonna be SHTF here.
>>
>>29763423
Curious, where? Can give general location, not specific city
>>
File: 1457307238714.jpg (57 KB, 449x491) Image search: [Google]
1457307238714.jpg
57 KB, 449x491
>>29763445
There is a non-load bearing wall at the end that extends the tunnel around mile more before hitting another wall, which leads to the end of the tunnel. and closer to a more urbanized area.

>>29763474
Western Massachusetts, home to the gun friendly liberals of New Hampshire and Vermont.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (156 KB, 975x869) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
156 KB, 975x869
>>29763443
I get what you mean but I think there would still be plenty of space. Maybe not enough to not run into any other humans, but plenty of space to not see some possible for a while. Big cypress+Everglades is easily 3x the size of Miami. The only concern is if all cities surrounding big cypress+everglades were to converge into the parks.

And in that case heading south into the keys could possibly be safer once traffic were to clear up.
>>
>>29762860
Race and religious war.
>>
>>29763522
Hey! Studying in Worcester, western Mass is a route in case SHTF while I'm up here.
>>29763528
Alright. Just watch your back.
>>
>>29763443
>Get an edible plant guide
LOL. You'd spend more calories thrashing around looking for something to eat than you'd find, even if you know what to look for.

'Innawoods' is Internet humor, not a survival strategy. There is no substitute for preparation.
>>
>>29763568
I mean, if he wants to learn edible plants, go ahead, I'm personally going to be stocking up on food/starting cropland. But it still seems like a good idea to learn what plants you can and cannot eat in the event of a problem.
>>
>>29763568
Actually I hear in Florida there is a lot to eat.
>>
>>29763556
ayy! best way to get up here is in a SHFT scenario is definitely East Country Rd, then left onto Route two. Hang out in the Warwick State Forest and just let the entire thing blow over. Then head to the Greenfield AMTrack when its all good.
>>
>>29763630
Uh huh... and I wonder how long it'll last if even one hundredth of Florida is running around trying to scavenge it.

The Wallowa Valley is a wonderful fertile place, with fish and acorns and cattails and game and all manner of good things. Now. Go look up how many Nez Perce there were when Lewis & Clark showed up and look up how many there were when they went on the lam.

There is no substitute for knowing how to make more food. Nature is a stingey fucking bitch. To hell with her -- buy veggies at the farmer's market and get into hot water canning. Have a wood stove and a cord of wood and trash cans full of wheat and corn in the garage. Do what your great-grandparents did. Not what the Indians did. They starved most of the time, and they were much better at innawoods than we are.
>>
>>29763727
I'd do all of that but sadly I live in a an apartment with my mom.
>>
>>29763727
Not that anon but not everybody has the land and access to land to accomplish that. And even if they prep hard at home, driving a pickup full of stuff with a trailer carrying a cord of seasoned wood and other supplies into the boonies is no different than walking your drunk 18 year old blonde sister past a bunch of dudes drinking olde English in an alley
>>
>>29763763
There is nothing preventing you from turning a closet into a pantry and one end of your computer desk into a reloading bench. There is nothing to prevent you from getting a little chest freezer and a dehydrator and shopping for food at the farmer's market and converting it into jams and jellies and canned goods. Unless your mother is a controlling fucking cunt or you lack the motivation, or you honestly believe that whatever ills you may face will blow over in a couple weeks.
>>
>>29763727
Foraging will make foodstuffs last longer, and there needs to be a stop gap/something to do between your food supplies and when you get agriculture going.
>>
>>29763813
That's a fine theory. Unless you're Euell Gibbons, I still think you're going to burn more time and energy foraging than you gain.
>>
>>29763809
>farmers market
I sell my fruit produce at the farmers market in Austin and I hate 90% of the cunts that come up to my stand. But fucking a, those people will pay anything for "naturally grown produce"
>>
>>29763075
The midwest will team up and push it out by Hawaii.

We're keeping the north though
>>
>>29763857
Good, good. Gouge the metrosexual postmoderns for all they're worth. With a smile.
>>
>>29763832
Sitting on your ass wasting calories living certianly isn't gonna help when you're waiting for your spring beans to sprout. Shit if you fell a deer that's something like 30,000 calories right there. cook that up with some wild onions and mushrooms and you got a damn fine meal. Jackie the rest and you got day's worth of good food to supplement your stores.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x800
>>29764016
The part of the story that makes me giddy, is the part where the farm I work keeps recent kills in the produce walk-in.
I can just imagine these people's faces if I said "everybody who works where this was grown carries all day and your peaches are marinated with the scent of dead animals"
It's all organic though
>>
>>29763288
Start learning farming and basic animal husbandry. Practice by raising crops in a window box in your apartment and having a pet chicken. I'm dead serious.

If you go in the wilderness, you'll need an area measured in tens or hundreds of square miles to support you. See how big a territory wolves, bears, or cougars need to get an idea. You'll need about the same. Now, calculate how many acres of wilderness are immediately available to you. Divide that by the number of autists who also plan on going innawoods when shtf. You'll wind up with an area about the size of a sheet of plywood.
>>
>>29763763
Learn how to do vertical pallet gardening on your balcony. Start building a library of reference books.

Living in an apartment isn't an excuse. It's your reality. Adapt to it. And plan on keeping your mom alive, too.
>>
>>29763775
You learn how to maximize the survival potential of the space that's available to you. Sure, you start by building a stockpile of at least 30 days worth of supplies.

You also want to accumulate a shelf of reference books. Not infographic shit on your hard drive, because a comic book won't keep you alive when the lights go out. Books. Farming, carpentry, metalworking, repair manuals for your car, cookbooks, plus every other thing that might be useful. Check secondhand stores so you don't go broke buying new books.
>>
>>29764952
fucking this
the survivalist attitude isn't about living forever and winning at life, it's about playing the cards you are given to the best of your ability so you stave off death. 'course this may require a lot of advance planning and preparation, but there will come a moment, if shit does hit the fan, where all your plans are going out the window, you're living day to day, and the five zucchini in the corner of a tray in your balcony mean you're way better off than some other guy starving innawoods because all the deer just died of anthrax
>>
>>29765037
This

Doomsday preppers did a couple apartment episodes. Youtube them. It might give you ideas.

Are there woods near your apartment?
Start prepping a spot in the woods.
Gather firewood, build a shelter.
Even if you never use it, skills you learn might save you later on.

And books, don't under estimate the importance of of books.
No one can remember everything. So find books on the things you want to learn. Buy them if you can borrow them if you cant. Library book sales are the best.
>>
File: image 1.jpg (229 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image 1.jpg
229 KB, 1600x1067
>>29762860
>Most likely SHTF scenario?
OP I really believe that the ramped up actions of George Soros and his dozens of groups set up to fund anarchist, marxists and BLM types along with that commie mother fucker Saul Ainskys MoveOn group ...which is Acorn 2.0 are going top bring a civil war here this summer. I think they think they can bring communist revolution to America...MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US.

Please for the love of the KUBE please bug in when it habbens gaiys, bugging out is a death sentence. Post related >>29767422
>>
>>29767707
>OP I really believe that the ramped up actions of George Soros and his dozens of groups set up to fund anarchist, marxists and BLM types along with that commie mother fucker Saul Ainskys MoveOn group ...which is Acorn 2.0 are going top bring a civil war here this summer. I think they think they can bring communist revolution to America...MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US.
This is pretty frightening to me. They are working really hard to make it happen. Most people fail to understand what it mean that the marxists in Chicago were able to successfully shit down Trupms rally.
Love Trump or hate him 10,000 of his supporters had their first amendment rights of free speech and free association shit all over and the fucking mayor of Chicago told the cops to let the protesters do what they wanted, like that mayor in Baltimore did while a big piece of her city burned..

Shit is going to get very real for us this year, I hope my fellow anons have the balls to defend themselves.
>>
>>29763832
Something I think a lot of people do wrong is assume they will be the only ones foraging.

Its not the old west or pioneer days anymore. There arent more animals than people on the continent, in even a rural area I think that the game and easily available food sources will be stripped in short order.

I talked to a few great depression era folks who had stories about being so hungry catching a cold could easily turn to pnemonia and kill you.

I was like "you guys were folksy rural types, why werent you hunting and fishing?" The overall response was that they did, profusely. And so did every other broke farmer in the damned country. If you got a deer once a month you were lucky. There wasnt anything swimming bigger than a few inches in the creeks.

Point is, foraging is advised, obviously you are going to do whatever you need to do to find food, but dont exactly plan on transforming into davy crockett and living off of nothing but deer jerkey and rabbits for 6 months.
People also forget that it is very easy to expend more calories than are gained while foraging, which will obviously eventually kill you. Need to be able to balance it so that you arent cutting into stores any more than you need to, but also not literally working yourself to death foraging.
>>
>>29769087
>Something I think a lot of people do wrong is assume they will be the only ones foraging.
During the great depression the majority of America was basically hunted out. We had a vastly smaller population and a vastly larger amount of non developed land. in current discussions of the ramifications of any lasting crisis nationwide there are real estimates of two thirds or more of our entire population starving to death in less than 6 month. less than ten percent alive after a year.

You can forget about foraging and hunting almost anywhere outside the empty western states, a few empty western states.
>>
>>29769183
This is why I hope it happens Europe/Africa/Asia, not here.
>>
kind of off topic but since im seeing alot of DMV bros, i gotta ask, id like to go innawoods and chill for a weekend, somewhere away from the public where i can shoot around without alarming anyone and all that stuff. and the biggest rural area nearest me in virginia seems to be in wakefield virginia. anyone haave some experience with something similar to this? or live in that area and can tell me about it? thanks in advance.
>>
>>29763522
boston here
i've been looking on here for a buddy in new england, but i don't ever see any at all
don't suppose you were the one in the stalker thread a couple of nights ago and i didn't get to reply to are you?
>>
>>29768922
As an eurocuck I think it's better to have trump than hillary

Hillary is too outdated and plain dumb about technology(see her email and Blackberry scandal, I think she even asked a reporter what an emailaddress was ), she'll fuck your freedoms more up in the name of "terrorists" than anybody else
>>
Well.

A biowepaons lab (An American Bio weapons lab) "leaked" an incurable disease this week.

http://www.infowars.com/mysterious-virus-kills-20-ukrainian-soldiers-separatists-blame-u-s-lab/

(Blah, blah, blah, it's infowars. They had sources.)
>>
>>29769229
>This is why I hope it happens Europe/Africa/Asia, not here.
I don't want it to happen anywhere at all.

The truth is our global interdependence guarantees it will cascade no matter where it starts and it would send us back 500 years possibly.
The funny thing is 3rd world countries would end up basically where they are now and with more people knowing how to scrape what they need to live from the dirt.
First world countries have lost or are losing that old school knowledge about being self sustaining.

There's a book , though the first half is like wading in concrete is so fucking slow. The second half has what I believe to be the most accurate fictional accounting of what would happen in the Eastern third of the US if everything fell apart quick. Keep in mind the Eastern third has the majority of our population and produces much much less of their food. One Second After is the title and even though it begins so God damn painfully slow it's an important read.

>inB4 that book sucks.
Some of it suck balls and some of it is life saving info. Made me rethink a lot of the stuff I have stored up already and I'm glad I read it. I'm even more convinced that being a smart prepper, someone who has a very very large store of rotating foods and meds and things that keep you clean and entertained... is the only way to live.
>>
>>29769233
So organize a meet up.
>>
>>29769336
>(Blah, blah, blah, it's infowars. They had sources.)
Most accurate internet news outlet ever.

The stormmfaggots found out his wife was born Jewish and they had a very effective smear campaign against him. He is way to loud and aggressive but he has also broken more stories we have never heard about with the lock on information our leftist marxist media has.
>>
Worst shit that will happen to me is the chemical plants get btfo and I either
A:get blown to oblivion
B: Zone mk2 electric boogaloo
>>
>>29769489
Even a broken clock is correct 2 times a day.
>>
>>29769438
Obviously I don't want it to happen anywhere either, but I'd prefer it happen not here. As for the globality, some events would be more regional than others (i.e., Yellowstone)
>>
>>29769580
The super caldera going full retard would snuff out most life on earth in a matter of weeks. Actual acid rain anon, think about it
>>
>>29769489
Well. Then, Ukraine is about to get turned into The Zone. If it wasn't already. I'm never sure what to make of Alex Jones. His personality isn't what bothers me. He just seems a little bit more about the money than he is about the truth.
>>
>>29769632
The last explosion of that magnitude was over 28500 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oruanui_eruption
Life on earth wouldn't be snuffed out, weather and climate patterns would be fucked up though.
>>
>>29769438
That book was atleast semi realistic right up until they brought in the hordes of mad max style satanic cannibals. Then it just devolved into another post apocalypse wank session.
>>
>>29769745
he wakes up to get ahead just like the rest of us.

I remember him breaking a story about the US Army doing roadside check points is some middle/eastern state. He called the Governor of the state and asked him why posse comitatus was suspended. The Governor, who no knowledge it was even happening, raised holy hell and the Army was sent back to base. That was a massive violation of federal law and military law as well and rightfully should have started a shitstorm ending in at least a congressional investigation. No one else in the MSM talked about it.
Were they conditioning people, was it a test to see what they could get away with? The one thing that is an absolute fact is it was completely fucking unlawful for the US military to set up roadside checkpoints and should never happen with out a formally declared state of emergency or a formal request by a states Governor. .

He has broken lots of stories so just buy a couple damn filters would you already? :)
>>
>>29769754
I was wrong, the water in this pot isn't getting hotter, we'll all be fine. All the data showing the area in 3 inches further above sea level now than it was a decade so are meaningless. It's not responding to growing pressure on an unimaginable scale. We're fine.
>>29769823
>That book was at least semi realistic right up until they brought in the hordes of mad max style satanic cannibals
If you know anyone with rank in the National Guard talk with them about some of their action plans. The officers have training sessions for exactly that kind of shit. I don't care that your soft mind can't handle what may become a reality in our lifetime. When the food runs out and people get hungry they will each the weak. Deal with it.

It's happening an smaller scales world wide albeit slowly now and has been for decades. All it takes is the right spark and it can happen to America as we get more and more divided.
>>
Live in Minneapolis, from rural MN tho so I know guns/camping/farming.
Don't expect shit to go down up here unless the entire system crashes, in which case I'll see you guys in the lake of the woods area preparing for winter like a Gary Paulson book.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.