[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former nogunz poorfag here, inherited my grandfather's hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 7_tm-tfb.jpg (18 KB, 400x245) Image search: [Google]
7_tm-tfb.jpg
18 KB, 400x245
Former nogunz poorfag here, inherited my grandfather's hunting rifles/shotguns a few months ago and had some shitty luck with one of them. Apparently Remington's 597 .17HMR has been factory recalled for the past 7 years, but I guess my grandpa never found out and just kept it for pest control. Last week I figured I'd give the .17 a chance and shot it with my friends, and the magazine ended up exploding near my friend's sister's face and shot powder 5 or so yards out the chamber. Nobody was injured, but I have no desire to fire this piece of shit again or buy a new mag to replace the dead one.

Looks like I've got a few options with the gun; return it to Remington and receive a $200 voucher that can only be used to buy another Remington gun (grandfather paid $350 for it new), send it in to be re-barreled in .22lr (I've already got a 10/22 that works just fine), or keep it in anticipation of it becoming some sort of collector's item in the future.

Any ideas /k/?
>>
File: SPQR.png (46 KB, 315x210) Image search: [Google]
SPQR.png
46 KB, 315x210
THIS IS AN SPQR THREAD
>>
>>29761035
stumpie pls go
>>
>>29761051
>>
File: 4-1.jpg (158 KB, 3000x1692) Image search: [Google]
4-1.jpg
158 KB, 3000x1692
The shitty mag
>>
>>29761594

yup, thats probably why they recalled it.
>>
>>29761006
Email them saying, "my Grampa died. Does that qualify me for a free handout?"
>>
>>29761006
.17hmr is a fun round. Get the $200 and put it down on a new .17
>>
Cantreally blame Remington in this one for a once. A few manufacturers tried .17 and .22mag semis. Turn out blow back doesnt not play well with them. Idk if you have any cash to spare but I would consider putting it towards an 870 provided you can check it out. It won't become a collectors item but you could turn it into a shitload of .22lr ammo with the voucher or do the rebarrel and keep/flip it then. Mine is damn accurate and 25rd mags finally exist. More guns are always better than less man.
>>
>>29761157
I do that to my small dog sometimes.
>>
>>29761718
I might actually go with the re-barrel, friend now seems interested in buying a .22 and I'd get around $170 cash for it.

>870
Got two nice Benelli's from the old man, one 12ga and one 20ga, plus around 600 shells, so I'm fine as far as shotties go. Thanks for the advice though.

>>29761619
I don't think Remington offers new .17's, didn't see any on the website. Will probably just save up for a yugo mosin after I sell the old gun to my buddy.
>>
Find a bro tier LGS to take the credit and use it on an H&R single shot 17. I've shot my cousin's and know of several others who have em for general pet removal.
>>
>>29761818
>Got two nice Benelli's from the old man, one 12ga and one 20ga, plus around 600 shells

Fugg. All my grandpas stuff got sold off
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.