[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got kicked out of my house and I'm 18. I have nowhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1396908694087.jpg (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1396908694087.jpg
95 KB, 500x500
I got kicked out of my house and I'm 18. I have nowhere to go and no job. I'm staying at a friends house but won't be able to stay here long.

If I enlist in the military, will they ship me out quicker if I have no home? I don't care what job or branch I just want to survive.
>>
Military doesn't want you. This ain't 2002 bucko, they're not just taking anybody with a pulse.
>>
>>29759574
>i am complete and utter failure
>well guys guess its time to enlist
Lol good luck buckarooo
>>
>>29759574
They will not send you out any quicker no matter what your situation is. Depending on how much you can do and how quickly you can do it, (paperwork wise), you could be able to ship within a week/to month of passing MEPs. There is no certainty in the army. Always remember that.
>>
>>29759640
I meant that if you get all your shit done quick you could ship within a month of MEPs. My ship date is June 21st, and I finished MEPs and all that shit back on March 18th.
>>
File: 2016-03-14_08.43.27.jpg (922 KB, 1285x1323) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14_08.43.27.jpg
922 KB, 1285x1323
>>29759574

> will they ship me out quicker if I have no home?

Nope. I was living in my car in 2008, when I decided to join, took nearly 6 months.

Don't hold her' breath. Also, you better be a real whip on paper/ASVAB or else you have no chance squeezing in now the wars are essentially over.
>>
One of my best friends in basic was shipped 3 weeks after he saw a recruiter. Was kicked out of his house living with the homies, pretty much the same as you.

If you're up front and honest with a recruiter and not a shit bag, they'll help you out. If you're too fat to pass the standards for shipping you're shit out of luck.

Also marines get all the rejected so if the army doesn't want you try them. They have the lowest standards for enlisting but it's dog shit. Actually so is the army.

Good luck senpai
>>
>>29759706
>Also marines get all the rejected so if the army doesn't want you try them. They have the lowest standards for enlisting but it's dog shit.

wut

When I was helping out USMC recruiters, they kicked people out all the time and told them to go down the hall to the army recruiters.
>>
>>29759706
Breh, the Marines have higher educational standards, look it up instead of spouting shit. The idea that Marines are idiots is based in "Marine culture" and the way they advertise themselves, not the actual fucking intelligence of the members.
>>
File: army shits.png (869 KB, 577x760) Image search: [Google]
army shits.png
869 KB, 577x760
>>29759945
Army shits try to paint the Marines as unwanted Army rejects.
>>
I was living in STL, MO, as an Italian foreigner with perma residency and USMC was not a problem, also went away from home at 19... Army was my first choice but I could not get in there because Academics and education level.

Btw USMC will make a man out of you, but either you go full throttle in there with the intention of operating or you will end up getting out and settling for a shitty civilian job. Plumber or mechanic probably...
>>
>>29760222
>plumber
>shitty job

Bruh my gf's dad is a plumber, and he makes well over six figures. Also he has job security second only to cops and other .gov workers. I'd take that over five years unpaid internship at the OmniTechnoGloboNet Software cubicle farm before landing a juicy $35,000/year job with shit benefits.
>>
>>29759574
>I got kicked out of my house and I'm 18.
Lucky, my parents use me for stuff. I also thought about joining right now.
>>
>>29760032
Well tell us why can't they shoot?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.