[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Sig MPX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
I'm thinking of picking up a factory sbr MPX at my LGS just wanted your guys opinion on it.
>>
Pistol caliber carbines are sexy, but intermediate carbines are better in all aspects.
>>
It will be fun, if you think you'll have fun with it go for it.

>>29759302
"better".... fag.
>>
>>29759343
>>
>>29759302
Except weight and recoil.
>>
>>29759237
Pretty damn sweet regardless of what you have it chambered in, magazines are a bit pricey last I checked, but for a dedicated pistol caliber sbr, it's hard to beat.
>>
>>29759237
Its nice.

Fun to shoot just like every other 9mm AR SBR.

But honestly?

Take the money and build a 9mm AR.

Get yourself a Glock Mag lower which uses mags that are half as much as the MPX mags, which go for roughly 70 dollars a piece. Or if you want chepo mags, PSA's got a better Colt 9mm lower out now for like 200.

Buy a 9mm upper. They're dirt cheap. You don't have to spend too much since the range you'd expect to shoot 9mm out to is already short, talking 200 meters max, so if it shoots man sized targets that far, you're good. 8 or a 10 inch barrel gets the most performance honestly.

If you want a snowflake stock, there are PDW stocks that can be used with a 9mm upper and be put onto a 9mm lower. They're at around 300.

And you're good.

All in all.
>200-250 for lower
>300 for stock
>350 upper
>200 SBR stamp

And you still come out on top at 1100, WITH an SBR.

Sig MPX pistols cost you minimum of 1200 without stock and stamp.

Go AR or go home, unfortunately.
>>
>>29759504
Yeah I've seen lots of positive reviews about it need something else to shoot when my ar15 gets too hot to hold comfortably.
>>
>>29759596
Factory sbr is all I can have as I am under the legal age to buy lowers and a WA fag so no form 1's until June... but that's the type of build I'd try to make. My buddy from Arizona has one that's internally suppressed. Thing looks sweet as hell!
>>
>>29759481
5.56 has no level of recoil that isn't manageable. There are also muzzlebrakes that effectively make recoil a completely moot point. An SBR 10 inch barrel AR15 can be under 5 pounds easy. That's almost nothing.

>>29759677
Don't you have to be 21 to have a dealer transfer any NFA item to you? I think you have to form 1 when you're 18 unless you're doing a private sale transfer. I could be and probably am wrong on that though.
>>
>>29759746
It'd be a form 4 which is legal 18+.. 7 months away from being glorious 21, but wanna get an sbr in 9mm before having to jump though extra hoops come july.
>>
File: Pok3rEvo.jpg (2 MB, 2565x1443) Image search: [Google]
Pok3rEvo.jpg
2 MB, 2565x1443
>>29759237
Just remember, since sig gave it proprietary internals, everything is going to be expensive...

Oh, and if you're going to suppress it, since you can't use "suppressed" charging handles, it's going to blow a shitload of gas in your face.

Just join the cool kids club and get a Scorpion
>>
>>29759799

As an individual, it's less hoops.

As a trust or LLC it will suck.
>>
>>29759343
I know... still going to use trust because my parents will both be on it incase I die in a freak accident or something...
>>
>>29759846
Has the carbine version been released that's another fun I've been looking for!
>>
>>29759957
As far as I know, not yet.

It should arrive stateside along with the new Scorpion pistols (QD mounts and a properly thread pitch barrel)
>>
>>29759846
>implying the MPX is DI.
The MPX is short stroke gas piston driven.
>>
>>29759608
I say go for it then man. The mix is awesome.
>>
>>29759746
210 rounds of 5.56 plus mags is a lot heavier than 9mm.
I'm all for SBR's, but they aren't perfect either.
>>
>>29760431
Do you own one? My LGS has the Gen 2 so it has keymod rail and my AR with keymod gets hot af after about 3 -4 mags in a 5 minute period.
>>
>>29760393
>Thinking that no gas whatsoever gets into your face in a piston gun

Uh-huh, go watch and read the reviews.
Yes, it's not Suppressed DI levels of gas, but its still significant.
>>
>>29760561
>but its still significant.
That makes sense, the MPX was never designed to be suppressed.

>>29759846
>Just remember, since sig gave it proprietary internals
Scorpion evo has non proprietary internals and is superior to DI and shot gas guns...
>>
>>29761111

Not even the model that was going to have the "this totally isn't a suppressor core; it's a muzzle break" pinned and welded on its factory short barrel?
>>
>>29761111
I never said it didn't have proprietary internals.

But a lot of people see the charging handle and general shape and think "Oh hey, I can put some AR parts on here"

"It was never designed to be suppressed" Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed where sig said "we didn't design this sub caliber caribine/pistol to be suppress-able"
>>
>>29760456
That's not correct. They weigh about the same. The projectile of a 9mm round is usually more than twice the weight of 5.56 rounds. For 200 rounds, you're looking at about 5 pounds in ammo. Mag weight difference is almost negligible.
>>
>>29759237
Get the mcx if you're going to sbr. Why waste money one making a pistol caliber rifle sbr? Besides, the mcx is sex
>>
>>29761570
>Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed where sig said "we didn't design this sub caliber caribine/pistol to be suppress-able"

Dammit Bob. I made you say exactly what I wanted you to say with a bugs bunny switcheroo :-)
>>
>>29761750
#Gottem

In all honesty, OP should buy whatever he wants, it's his money. I happen to prefer the scorpion because it looks neat, has nice sights and mags are only $25~

But #yolo I guess
>>
Literally trash just buy a fucking mp5 so you have a real gun
>>
>>29759596
>If you want a snowflake stock, there are PDW stocks

Which still require a buffer tube, even the small ones. Not to mention the MPX has a piston which for once is a pro.

Normally I would agree with you and it's likely the route I'll be taking myself, but cost aside the MPX has some advantages over most blow back ar builds.
>>
File: IMG_2052.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2052.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Ive got a couple thousand rounds through mine without any malfunction. Its been lubed up with EWL, been introduced to dirt and sand, and has not been cleaned since the first 150 rounds I put through it.

The steel rods of the stock may seem uncomfortable but really dont cause any discomfort other than them being cold in the winter.

Yes the stock is pricey but you save 20% on one Sig item if you buy the 3 mag/pouch pack from Sig. Just give them your serial number since it is one pack per MPX at the reduced price, then apply the 20% to the stock which is typically $300. Mags are also pricey at $70 each.

If you want a serious use 9/.40/.357 SBR, get the MPX. If you just want a plinker, save your money and get a Scorpion Evo III unless you need to have an MPX.

If you're lucky enough to find a gen 1 MPX, Sig will send you a new upper when you order the caliber swap kit at no additional cost since the gen 1 upper cannot chance calibers.

I've been dying to get one since they were first introduced and love mine. In my experience its more reliable than the MP5 and is a nice cross between that and an AR15.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
>>29766516
Sort of potentially retarded question: how do you get that stock on? I recently picked up the tele stock for my MCX and I looks like I just have to force the mother fucker on. Figured I'd ask before I just muscle it on
>>
>>29766785
>pull stock back
>loosed torx head screw on right side (you'll see it in my pic)>>29766516

>slide on to rear and fasten screw.

I recommend doing a full disassembly of the stock and degreasing the parts and adding loctite to the button over travel stop screw. Mine was not tight and cause the stock not to collapse after a couple mags.

Show pics as you go if you have trouble. I already left for work but didn't bring my MPX with me so I wont be able to do detailed pics until later.
>>
>>29766832
I'm actually not going to be home with it until next week Friday, but thanks bro, i think I see what you mean.
>>
File: gbxRuTE.gif (3 MB, 316x396) Image search: [Google]
gbxRuTE.gif
3 MB, 316x396
>>29759237
better choice than a czhitter evo or whatever those junk things are called
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.