[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pricey AR Triggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1200x1200
I'm fine with a plain Jane mil spec 6.5 or whatever pound trigger, but what are your thoughts on pic related or other such fancy triggers. Worth or no?
>>
If you only plink for fun at 200yrds or whatever, don't waste the money on it.

If you like to do more advanced/difficult shooting and/or stuff like 3-gun, then I'd highly recommend. I love mine.
>>
>>29758563
No. I am used to the heavy trigger and I am very accurate with said trigger.

You can shoot faster with a lighter trigger tho nigger
>>
>>29758563
are you building a lower from the ground up? or are you just buying a new trigger?
>>
>>29758563
I thought they were not worth it until I shot one. Completely changes shooting imo, 100% worth.

The Larue MBT is supposed to be bretty good too and that's only $125 if you wait. I ordered 7 weeks ago and still haven't got it so expect to wait a while
>>
>>29758563
Get a Larue MBT if ya don't want to spend G money
>>
>>29758594
I actually am building a ground-up lower but I'm not buying this trigger for it, I have no experience with what you might categorize as a luxe FCG. I was just asking desu
>>
>>29758662
Then go all out. Be proud or your creation and spend some fucking money.

I would not buy a cool trigger for a shit lower.
>>
>>29758563
Very much worth it if you shoot outside of a 100m range.
>>
File: WP_20160126_002[1].jpg (4 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160126_002[1].jpg
4 MB, 3072x1728
A Geissele is absolutely worth the cost, and anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves. My S3G shits all over my milspec.
>>
>>29758563
ALG ACT
>>
>>29758563
It is like perks in COD
>>
Triggers make the gun more fun. A better trigger means a better gun. Sure, you already get a shiteating grin whenever your gun goes BANG! but when you pull a trigger that's smoother than butter, your grin and erection only grow larger.

The only two real questions are:
>Am I really getting a better trigger?
>Can I afford it?
>>
Can someone explain what a 2 stage trigger does and why it's so desirable? Why not 3 or 4 stages then?
>>
>>29758723
Agreed. Geisseles are worth every penny. I have the SSA-E and it's one of the best 2 stage triggers I've ever shot.
>>
>>29760981
Sure thing. Basically with a 2 stage you have 2 "stages" of resistance. As you pull the trigger you'll encounter a heavier pull to ensure you don't accidentally set the gun off. Then, past a certain point, the trigger will set itself and the trigger pull will become even lighter. This allows you to have minimal twitching and jerking when you make that final pull to actually drop the hammer and strike the primer.

Really worth it if you're doing longer range shooting.
>>
>>29759043
^ this man is correct

Better triggers are essential.
>>
Has anyone here actual tried the Larue MBT? If so please review
>>
They're nice to have.

I'm a bit spoiled by Olympic-style rimfire guns and IPSC competition guns so I'd say yes. That said, an AR-15 milspec trigger is one of the better military firearm triggers available.
>>
>>29758702
>I would not buy a cool trigger for a shit lower.
expand on what "you" call a shit lower receiver.
>>
File: IMAG0354.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0354.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
The ssa-e is the best thing I've ever done to my ar15. Even a plinker will enjoy a better trigger.
3.5 is kinda light the cheaper SSA or g2s might of been better choices.
>>
File: 1434374282472.png (220 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1434374282472.png
220 KB, 500x277
>tfw literally have never rapid fired in the years I've had guns thanks to shit ranges
>tfw want to go fast with a geissle but can't
>>
File: physically_removed.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
physically_removed.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
TTAG has a good comparison of aftermarket triggers here: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

I ordered an RA-140. I'll see how it is.
>>
>>29758563
I got a flat blade SD-C and I love it. Firing with regular triggers feels kinda weird now.
>>
BCM's PNT trigger is pretty decent for a single stage trigger. The pull is a bit heavy but the break is crisp and the movement is nice and smooth.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.