[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I bought an F-86 Sabre and put pre NFA .50s back on it, would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: North_American_F86-01.jpg (113 KB, 1358x980) Image search: [Google]
North_American_F86-01.jpg
113 KB, 1358x980
If I bought an F-86 Sabre and put pre NFA .50s back on it, would I be allowed to shoot shit on public land? Like in the middle of the Nevada desert.

What about on my own land?
>>
File: iu1GZS02ON.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iu1GZS02ON.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>29758524
>Being this autistic

I've always wonder the same.
>>
>>29758524
Yes.
>>
>FAA Sec. 91.15

>No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property.

>16 U.S. Code § 742j–1

>Any person who—
>(1) while airborne in an aircraft shoots or attempts to shoot for the purpose of capturing or killing any bird, fish, or other animal; or
>(2) uses an aircraft to harass any bird, fish, or other animal; or
>(3) knowingly participates in using an aircraft for any purpose referred to in paragraph (1) or (2);
>shall be fined not more than $5,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

>(e) Forfeiture
>All birds, fish, or other animals shot or captured contrary to the provisions of this section, or of any regulation issued hereunder, and all guns, aircraft, and other equipment used to aid in the shooting, attempting to shoot, capturing, or harassing of any bird, fish, or other animal in violation of this section or of any regulation issued hereunder shall be subject to forfeiture to the United States.

You think someone hasn't attempted this yet? You live in America, Anon. No fun allowed.
>>
>>29758610
What if I do this in international waters?

Like I set up floating buoys 30 miles off shore and strafe them or boats I set?
>>
>>29758630
>filling out export and import paperwork before and after every time your machineguns leave and reenter the country
>ATF always thinks you're smuggling them and launches a full investigation that questions your family and friends
>every time you want to go shooting

I'd kill myself, don't know if you have that kind of bureaucratic bullshit tolerance.
>>
>>29758783
No, the ATF would just wait until OP flies off to shoot his buoy and then launch a sidewinder at OPs dog.

Then send in the ANG and shoot OP down with a couple of F-16s
>>
File: Navy_XM8_Field_Trial_Footage.webm (2 MB, 560x348) Image search: [Google]
Navy_XM8_Field_Trial_Footage.webm
2 MB, 560x348
>>29758610
Then how can Texan helihunting be a thing?
>>
>>29758816
>>No pilot in command
>>
>>29758610
Does this mean hunting from a helicopter is illegal? Can we arrest Sarah Palin now?

>>29758796
Challenge the F-16s to a gun only dogfight, OP'll still lose but we'd get some kickass video out of it.
>>
>>29758610
Just have a second person control only the gun.

Now we have civilian legal strafing runs
>>
>>29758816
>>29758842
>>29758860

>(1) This section shall not apply to any person if such person is employed by, or is an authorized agent of or is operating under a license or permit of, any State or the United States to administer or protect or aid in the administration or protection of land, water, wildlife, livestock, domesticated animals, human life, or crops

>and each such person so operating under a license or permit shall report to the applicable issuing authority each calendar quarter the number and type of animals

Hogs are agricultural pests. Helicopter hog hunting is agricultural pest control done under Fish and Game/Wildlife Service permit.

I doubt they'll issue permits for an F-86's .50 cal guns.
>>
File: 1461765033771.jpg (19 KB, 389x324) Image search: [Google]
1461765033771.jpg
19 KB, 389x324
>>29758912
Mother fucking hog shooting with an F86.
FIRE IT UP BOYS. DARK STAR TO JUDY JUDY IM GOING IN FOR GUNS.
>>
>>29758912
Only one way to find out
>>
>>29758912
>Wait until the Hog infestation is particularly bad one year
>convince the ATF you seriously intend to use it on hogs somehow
>equip .50 Cal's and go pro
>remove piggy
>>
Damn the f-86 only had 50 cals for guns, thats pretty shit.
>>
ok so since the pilot isn't allowed to fire the guns what about a rearmed B17 flying low and as slow as possible and letting people use the gun stations to rape shit?
>>
>>29758963
>pretty shit

This Nig.

Have you ever even seen a Korean war guncam reel.
>>
>>29758976
Yea but come on, how many planes of the same size in ww2 had better. Atleast tell me the rounds where running hot or the exploding kind.
>>
>>29758963
It had 6 m3's
It has a combined fire rate of 9,000 rounds per minute.
>>
>>29758973
I'm pretty sure a B-17 counts as a DD at the very least.
>>
>>29758995
I read a number wrong. 7,200 rpm*
>>
>>29758912
>you will never strafe hogs in an f-86 sabre with 6 .50s
>>
>>29758783
What about bump fire .50s?

Like something like a slide fire stock mechanism implemented inside the plane

so really you would having semi auto .50s but just with bump fire
>>
Alaskafag here, there's a time-honored story of apparent merit up here of a guy who strapped shotguns to the struts of his Piper with some kind of a rudimentary magazine system, then linked the triggers into the cabin via cable. Had a gunsight and everything; used it to hunt wolf bounties. He was eventually stopped on grounds of the FAR mentioned earlier, but evidently it took some time. One if my professors claimed to have actually been involved in the case (virtually all are ex FAA) but the lot of them do a lot of claiming.

I've heard a few times that he actually managed to bag a few, but while I'd believe he tried it I'm skeptical he succeeded. Those little airplanes can be nimble, but generally you don't want to point them at the ground all that much, particularly not when you're as close as you'd have to be for effective range. If you were approaching to land and there happened to be one I could see maybe pulling it off, but it would have to have no situational awareness at all.
>>
I don't know anon let's find out.

http://youtu.be/niJ82YCiuYU
>>
File: F-86 Sabre 1.jpg (62 KB, 800x436) Image search: [Google]
F-86 Sabre 1.jpg
62 KB, 800x436
>>29758912
>human life
>Hajjis hijack a cargo plane and are heading for the city like 9/11 but with no passengers to stop them
>USAF/ANG too far out of position to intercept
>Bubba Squadron takes off with their F-86s blasting an unholy mix of Ride of the Valkyries, Elvis, and country music
>magdump the .50 cals into the plane's fuel tank
>KABOOOOOOOOOOM
>they land as heroes but the ATF shoots their dogs anyways on general principle
>>
>>29758610
Fuck off, it's my private property, I will do as I please.
>>
>>29758963
>>29758976
>What is Raufoss Mk 211
>>
I see guys hunting coyotes with a 12 ga and T shot flying in Cessna 172's. I really don't think a sabre can fly slow enough to accurately take out single animals. It would be cool as hell to watch though. Maybe with a spotter on the ground or another aircraft guiding you to the little brown dot in the desert.
>>
>>29758524
I don't know anon, but now I really fucking want a sabre
>>
>>29758565

>FAA

No.
>>
>>29758992
.50 cal is basically a compromise. .30 was too weak to do much damage, 20mm was powerful but not accurate vs other planes.
>>
>>29758610
but what if its on your own land, in the middle of nowhere, and you're just shooting at burned out trucks or something?
also apparently you can kill hogs from a plane because pests, I'm gonna get a huey and go apocalypse now on them bitches
>>
>>2975895 underrated post
>>
>>29759603
21 pupper salute
>>
File: lol7.jpg (105 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
lol7.jpg
105 KB, 540x720
>>29758816
oh holeeee FUCK am I laffin!
>>
>>29761963
>.50 cal is basically a compromise. .30 was too weak to do much damage, 20mm was powerful but not accurate vs other planes.
> 20mm was powerful but not accurate
I've never heard of that, if you have some reading material I am all ears.

I heard the issue was that America fucked up when adapting a 20mm cannon for their own use, and the delay in development was so much that the "industrially sound" choice was to keep cranking out Brownings
>>
>>29761963
>>29762085
See>>29761840
>>
>2016
>Not going to some African Shithole and provide air support
>http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=e29_1405845415&comments=1
See 2:50
>>
>>29758610
What if I drop bombs on like hogs? This is a serious questions. I wouldn't shooting and I wouldn't be damaging property or people
>>
File: Larry.jpg (53 KB, 622x620) Image search: [Google]
Larry.jpg
53 KB, 622x620
>>29763161
>(a)Offense Against a National of the United States or Within the United States.—A person who, without lawful authority, uses, threatens, or attempts or conspires to use, a weapon of mass destruction—

>(2) against any person or property within the United States

>(3) against any property that is owned, leased or used by the United States or by any department or agency of the United States, whether the property is within or outside of the United States

>shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, and if death results, shall be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

>(2) the term “weapon of mass destruction” means— (A) any destructive device as defined in section 921 of this title;

>(4) The term “destructive device” means—
>(A) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas—
>(i) bomb,
>(ii) grenade,
>(iii) rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces,
>(iv) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce,
>(v) mine, or
>(vi) device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses;
>>
>>29758524

I think you mean F-82 OP.
>twin mustangs, because one is just not murica enough
>12x .50cal M3's because more dakka
>>
>>29763485
He can just use tannerite. What constitutes a bomb?
>>
>>29764003
Tannerite plus lawnmower plus bullet, apparently.
>OH GAWD I BLEW MAH LEG OFF
>>
>>29763947
>not having the gun pod attached
It's like you don't dakka or something.
>>
>>29761134
>>29761966

Pilot here, the caveat for this specific FAA reg is that you must take all precautions available to not damage persons or property. If this means putting up no trespassing signs on your property, then doing strafing runs on your property so be it.

HOWEVER there are many other laws that would probably prohibit you from doing this, such as class airspace restrictions, speed restrictions, etc etc
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.