[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this. How bad did I fuck up? Almost fell for the RAS meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: DAKM-4150-N (10 of 11)(2).jpg (176 KB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
DAKM-4150-N (10 of 11)(2).jpg
176 KB, 1000x540
Just bought this. How bad did I fuck up?
Almost fell for the RAS meme
>>
>>29756427
it's fine
>>
>>29756427
Coming from someone who isn't the biggest AK fan I don't see the problem here.

Is this a cheap manufacturer or something?
>>
>>29756427
You done good m8. Definitive Arms >>>>> Century. I own a shortened Saiga 7.62x39 and a Vepr 223 with an AR magwell from them. Is the rifle you bought a Polish parts kit gun?
>>
>>29756427
>bought an akm for $1,000
>not even arsenal

da makes good aks but you baka ass nigger
>>
You spent too much money on an AK, but it's good dakka.
>>
>>29756526
DA > Arsenal m8. They come with tuned G2 triggers and Ceracote meme finish iirc. They're also semi-custom guns as opposed to straight from the factory assembly line.
>>
>>29756427

For $1000 you probably should have just got an Arsenal. That said, it should serve you well.
>>
>>29756548
>G2
>good

kek
>>
>>29756548
>DA > Arsenal m8

They don't have side folders and the g2 is shit compared to the akt
>semi custom

what does this even mean? They're just a small company that can't crank out as many guns as an actual manufacturer.
>>
>>29756550
Specifically which Arsenal model would suffice?
>>
>>29756554
It's better than the Arsenal triggers. It would be nice if all the custom AK builders started using the ALG triggers, but they're probably all sitting on mountains of Tapco shit.
>>
>>29756565

SLR series

>>29756554
>>29756568

ALG>>>>>G2>>Arsenal stock trigger

The factory arsenal trigger in my SLR106 was absolute fucking garbage.
>>
>>29756585
The triggers that come in parts kits are decent if you use it with the rate reducer.

Rate reducer takes up some of the slack in receiver, so the trigger doesn't wobble side to side.

Side to side movement kills a good trigger, keep that in mind for other guns too. Like your AR-15.
>>
>>29756585
Spoonfeed me here. Which SLR series as there are several.
>>
>>29756427
It's an AK, so it's an inherently shitty rifle. The fact that you spent $1k on one just makes it sad.
>>
>>29756558
They've made side folders in the past iirc. The Russian side folders are like $300 now, so I'm sure they don't use them on their production rifles to keep costs down.

And by semi-custom I mean they dehorn and refinish all the parts rather than the guns being built in a factory like Arsenal, WASR, Vepr, etc. I'm not sure what DA's warranty is off the top of my head, but I'm sure they'd do repairs on their gun if anything goes wrong.

So, yeah, if OP wanted the side-folder, that's a bit of a drawback. I think it's a fair price for a kit gun, however. It's better than DDI, but half the price of Rifle Dynamics kek
>>
>>29756596

I didn't notice any side-to-side in the stock arsenal trigger, but it had an overly springy reset, almost like trigger slap, but not during cycling, just in reset. Definitely fatiguing when burning through large amounts of ammo.

>>29756605

SLR 106 - 556

SLR 104 - 545

SLR 107 7.62x39

otherwise they vary in stocks, hand guard length, with or without rail, etc.
>>
>>29756653
It doesn't even have to be overtly noticeable, it just has to cant the engagement surfaces of the FCG enough to alter the trigger pull slightly.

Slop left & right = shitty trigger pull.
>>
File: 1322860515683.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1322860515683.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>29756653
Thanks for putting the /k/ memes aside and giving me honest advice and answering my questions.
Thank you sir.
>>
>polymer furniture
you fucked up pretty bad
>>
>>29756689

The AKT is a nicely snug fit on my SLR but I'll keep an eye out for that in the future, especially as triggers break in. I'm putting together an AR right now, I'll be wary of it there as well.

>>29756702

np bruv
>>
the only problem i see is that it's not a sidefolder
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.