[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the manhattan project was more than 60 years ago >no military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>the manhattan project was more than 60 years ago
>no military project of the same scale has been revealed since
>not even during the cold war

How long till a similar scale project gets declassified?
>>
File: only few trillion dollars.jpg (18 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
only few trillion dollars.jpg
18 KB, 530x298
>>29756020
>no military project of the same scale has been revealed since
>>
>>29756020
You would never know if there is a similiar scale project friendo
>because it was classified / above top secret

Right now we could be building a blackhole proton bomb and no one would know except a few scientists and compartmentalized engineers/contractors.
>>
>>29756055
kek
>>
>>29756055
OP was probably referring to some successful, singularity -type project.

Not a fleecing project to provide expensive clay pigeons for Chinese fighter pilots.
>>
>>29756140
>f35 cost $320b
>f22 cost $66b
>$250b difference
>Manhattan project ≈$23b in today's money
Maybe funds were diverted to black ops project?
>>
>>29756194
>Maybe funds were diverted to black ops project?
I was about to say this.
Its smells to much like something else is going on in the background which is ok by me stuff needs to get developed.
>>
>>29756072
>implying even they know
'Hey Jim, this week you're working on an impact plate that needs to be about 18 inches wide and...'

I seriously doubt they have a nice convenient folder that tells them all about the project they're working on.
>>
>>29756072
>except a few scientists and compartmentalized engineers/contractors.
yeah... I remember how the manhattan project was like 15 people and not several dozen thousand.
>>
>>29756194
>Manhattan project ≈$23b in today's money
Has any project in the history of humanity ever been staffed with sharper minds? Unlikely.

Most likely the Blackbird was also on a reasonable budget, again staffed by skilled people.

Competence. It pays off. Every time.
>>
>>29759230
The blackbird is such an amazing aircraft. It's still considered to be on par with the kind of tech we have now.
>>
>>29756020
>>29756072

What you have to keep in mind is that the Manhattan Project was FULL OF SOVIET SPIES. This reason alone would be enough to dissuade the government from undertaking a project of this scale. You can only background check the janitors so many times, and even then your chief researcher may be the mole.
>>
>>29759690
This is the price you pay when you hire first-generation non-WASP immigrants. Some of them ought to have sympathy for an idealized version of communism. On the other hand, you get Edward Teller, the only nuke scientist to never disawow his work.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.