[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The South American Dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Bersa_Thunder_380_nickel.jpg (1 MB, 1710x1192) Image search: [Google]
Bersa_Thunder_380_nickel.jpg
1 MB, 1710x1192
What's /k/'s opinion on the Bursa Thunder?

I'm thinking of getting my first handgun and I'm really loving that it doesn't have a synthetic grip like some topheavy glock, it feels really ergonomic and doesn't have a really bad snap recoil.

Cons are the 380 ammo which I've heard bad things about, also has some safety features like it won't shoot without a magazine in. Idk why this is a bad thing though.

It has a lifetime factory warrenty but a lot of people already do that, and the factory is in Argentina so I'm not so impressed at the idea of nigger engineering.

But fucking christ, $250 for this makes it really tempting
>>
>>29754103
I keep one in in my truck and at work with me, solid little gun. Never had any issues with it, but yea .380 is a bit of a shitter. Of course a mag of hollow points from whatever caliber is going to ruin anyone's day.
>>
>>29754103
I own quite a few quality firearms and I still want one of those guido black and gold ones
>>
you get what you pay for. Ask your local gunsmith what he thinks of Bersa Thunders and he'll laugh you out of the building.
>>
>>29754103
I've owned two. Frames broke on both. I will never buy another.
>>
>>29754445
Sheeit. Pics?
>>
>>29754103
they can be lemons
>>
>>29754445
I've never heard of that happening. In fact I can't even find any pictures of this happening, sounds to me that you are repeating the BS that theyankeemarshall spouted in his recent video.
>>
Im getting a 380 plus for carry
>>
>>29754103
Owned one for well over a decade and was my CCW for pretty much that entire time. Put thousands of rounds through it without any issues. Doesn't matter what ammo it is, everything seems to work. Lehigh Defense rounds work as well and that was what I was carrying.

People seem to think they are cheap shit because of the low price point. It is a simple design that has been made for decades.

>>29754445
I'm calling bullshit.
>>
I've had a bersa thunder 380 since 2008. It was the first gun I ever owned. It's got pros and cons. Pros are that it's reliable, eats most any ammo, comfortable to hold and shoot. Cons are that it's large and heavy for the caliber. A glock 26 for instance is roughly same size or smaller and is easier to conceal and draw, fires 9mm and holds 3 more rounds without extended mag. In summary it's not a bad gun, but there are bether guns. If price is your biggest issue, it would work just fine for you. If you can wait a bit and save up more for a better gun that may prove a wiser choice down the road.
>>
>>29756371
Maybe I'm too old or this is some kind of bait, but I'm not sure what a "theyankeemarshall" is.

>>29758833
You can think what you want and OP can buy any POS he wants. I give zero fucks. I was just stating my experiences with them.
>>
>>29754103
Get a Bursa Thunder Plus. Why? Because it's double-stack.
>>
Have one I used to carry because it was small. It's the two tone one with the black slide.

It lightly rusted a few times when I didn't keep up with wiping it down in the summer.

Otherwise no issues with it at all, aside from a few friends somehow getting bit by the slide when they tried it.
>>
>>29761607
>2016
>Still lying on the internet.
>>
File: Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg (2 MB, 2558x1872) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg
2 MB, 2558x1872
>>29754103
do you guys have mag limits as well? Ive heard the berretta cheetah is popular because its got 13 rounds of .380 as opposed to only 6-7 like other .380s
>>
>>29754103
They're OK guns at an OK price point. Make sure to inspect the one you will buy. Bersa quality isn't shit but it isn't amazing either.

To my knowledge these don't have mag disconnects, but do you see that retarded hole above the trigger? It's a lock. Don't lose the key. Extras are like fifty bucks. You can leave it unlocked.

Also look into the Thunder Plus. It's the same size, dimensions, but double stack. Mags are hard to find though.
>>
>>29762215

Mine had a mag disconnect.
>>
I also considered it for my first handgun, and may still get one in the future
bottom line is there are more utilitarian "better" carry guns out there
the bersa feels great in the hand, but due to the heavier weight and more protruding edges etc I decided on a s&w bodyguard instead
the bersa would definitely be a more fun gun to shoot, but I decided on a lighter, more streamlined gun that is easier to carry at the end of the day
>>
>>29754103
I bought a Bersa Firestorm .380 for my wife as her first gun. The Firestorm is pretty much the same but different trigger guard, sights and grips. she really likes it and its a fairly well made cheap pistol.

.380 has nice recoil but is more expensive than 9mm.
>>
>>29762150
And a doublestack sized grip accordingly. May as well carry any compact 9mm or .40.
>>
>>29763666
I was under the impression you couldn't carry anything bigger then a .380 is south America because 9mm and up are considered "military rounds" and not available to the general public
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.