[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 17 because 19s sold out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1763874_01_glock_17_gen_4_640.jpg (36 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
1763874_01_glock_17_gen_4_640.jpg
36 KB, 640x448
Getting my first handgun /k/ and I wanted a 19 because maybe one day I'll be able to carry in "let's ban guns" Bay Area California, but they were sold out so I'm getting the full size 19, gen 3 because gen 4 is only for LEOs in California. I don't want to wait any longer though, is it a mistake to get the 17? Should I wait months to get the 19? (Of course in Californistan, you are limited to 10 rounds so mag capacity is not a factor).
>>
just remember one thing when it comes to magazines

there is a difference between the words 'can' and 'may'

but anyways get the 19
>>
Wait for the 19, the 17 isn't comfortable to CC, not that you have the right to anyway hehe
>>
>>29752170
You can have the grip shortened but it will still be a bit harder to CC due to the slide length. I'd wait if CC matters that much to you.
>>
Get a 19MOS.
>>
File: Light-blue-eye-Cat-2560x1440.jpg (804 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Light-blue-eye-Cat-2560x1440.jpg
804 KB, 2560x1440
>>29752189
That's the thing, I cannot CC so I figure I'm better off becoming a marksman with a full size gun and getting something really small if cali courts are compelled to obey the constitution.

I recently finished an all day handgun safety and training class, and the instructors had you aim a fake gun into their pupil so they could see you aim correctly, fire from reset, butterfly grip, all this stuff I didn't know, and when we started shooting, I could not believe how accurate I was. So I was hooked and I want a handgun asap. It's not like the law will change in 30 days. But I'm kind of pissed the Glock 19s are so popular. No one can carry here, wtf?
>>
File: 26L.jpg (313 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
26L.jpg
313 KB, 1024x759
>>29752252
Wait for a Gen 3 19. Gen 4 blows compared to it.
>>
>>29752316
How does the Gen.4 blow compared to a 3? I have a 4 and am extremely pleased. I looked at the 3 but didn't like the grip texture.
>>
File: BM7Nt8V[1].jpg (1 MB, 1500x937) Image search: [Google]
BM7Nt8V[1].jpg
1 MB, 1500x937
>>
>>29752252
Doesn't it take forever from application to approval for a Cuckifornia CCW? You might as well get a full size home defense gun / range gun now and get a G19 once you get your CCW, assuming you can afford both.

Also you can CC a G17 no problem if you dress right. Lots of people in the CCW community are 40 year old fat dads who want a tiny gun that's comfortable because they know they'll never need it, and the idea of carrying a full size gun is like carrying a sawed off 870 to them
>>
>>29752362
Forever and never are equivalent so you are correct sir. The Bay Area in Cali does not issue CCW to people who would have very very very very good reasons to carry (precious metal/stone dealers, people who have to carry cash, people who have restraining orders against violent assholes, etc, etc). Nope, you have to be a politician to get one, there are less than 100 in an area with 4 million people.
>>
>>29752355
Nice but Gen 4 is not a "safe" handgun in California so only LEOs can get it.
>>
>>29752170
Are you SoCal?

I'll sell you my barely used CZ RAMI 2075 in 9mm for 500 neat (you pay the paperwork fees) and I'll give you an extra magazine.
>>
>>29754190
If your interested, I'll start up an armslist page and you can contact me that way.
>>
>>29752329

Meaningless intergenerational baiting. Theyre slightly different technically and identical functionally
>>
>>29752170

Shitty meme gun. Shit trigger, shit plastic. Overpriced.
>>
>>29754273
Basically the same gun but the improved recoil spring is superior and a nice upgrade for glocks in big bore calibers.

For just a plain jane 9mm, maybe not needed unless shooting 9mm +p or Nato surplus.

Texture is nice and so is the slim "sf" like profile, which is better for small hands.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.