[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Hey /k/

Living in chicago, under 21, just turned 18, looking forward to getting FOID, and legally being able to purchase a gun. So I am filling out the app, going along fine, actually one of the easier governmental apps to fill out, when I hit this one section, this one fucking section. A parental fucking affadavit. Without my parents consent, I cannot get a gun license in Illinois, its impossible. And my parents are pretty fucking liberal, they would never sign the form. Whoever designed this rule deserves to be fucking fired. So /k/, one question:

wat do?
>>
get parents to sign it anyway
tell them you want to get into hunting
hunting is a socially acceptable reason
>>
>>29749100
>Have to be 21 to buy your own gun
>>
>A parental fucking affadavit. Without my parents consent, I cannot get a gun license in Illinois, its impossible.
This is to keep teenage thug niggers with no fathers from getting guns.

t. Chiraqi
>>
>>29749100
>Legal adult @ 18
>Needs parental consent

I hate this fucking country sometimes.
>>
>>29749100
Fake a death certificate?
>>
Son, we recieved your application and after review determined your parents are not dead
>To me they are, those dirty Murica hating commies.
>>
Call and ask, maybe sue or something I dunno
Or move
>>
I'm totally fine with you not being able to buy a gun. If society deems you cannot be trusted to buy your own alcohol, you shouldn't be able to buy your own firearm. Of course, I think you should be able to buy a drink at 18, like most countries, but that's besides the point. I think the age for each should line up, whatever it may be.
>>
>>29749100
Does it just means a signature?
>>
>>29750257

>I believe that "society" will make the right decision.

>But not this decision. They were wrong on this. Also, the first decision is based off of the wrong decision.

I think you should take the time to sit down, cross reference all your beliefs, and get rid of discrepancies like this. Because there's probably a lot more.
>>
>>29749100
Move to Northwest Indiana you fucking retard
>>
>>29749100
>Move to Ohio,
>establish residency - (only think that takes 30-90 day iirc)
>buy as many long guns as you want
>Turn 21, start buying handguns too
No parent signature required...
>>
>>29750257
Git tae fuck, literally the politics of autism

>>29750640
This is not bad advice. Or convince your parents. Or emancipate yourself.
>>
>>29749100
I wish we could just make 21 the proper adult age again. A high school diploma doesn't get you shit.
>>29750147
>18
>adult
lol
>>29750651
residency = in the state with the intent to make a home
proof of residency = residency plus any combination of -government- issued identifying documents which show your photo, name, and address.

Tax bills, vehicle registration, drivers license, non-drivers photo ID, concealed carry permit, et cetera.
>>
>>29751506
>lol
What the fuck's so funny about that?
>>
>>29751589
There's nothing adult about an 18 year old.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.