[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Pill me on this optic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1288727_01_bushnell_trs_25_640.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1288727_01_bushnell_trs_25_640.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
99% of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Only bad thing i can really find is Bushnell changed the emitter from the 4 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position and it caused problem with co-witnessing. Since then they listened to customers and went back to 4 o'clock.

Other than that fuck up the only reviews are from people with obvious astigmatism complaining about the dot looking shitty.

Looking for /k/ommandos with actual experience with the TRS-25 not fat couch commandos with aimpoints and more money than rolls of fat.
>>
If you're gonna poorfag on the optic, at the very least get yourself a basic PA...
>>
File: 1461610281659.jpg (73 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1461610281659.jpg
73 KB, 467x700
I have this optic and it's been good to me.
>>
>>29748135
Red dots in general are stupid easy.

If on an AR tune the brightness to where its kjjst barely visible and zero it to 25M one cm below center mass on a respective 300m silhouette target. Now you're zeroed all the way to 500m.

Keep both eyes open, focus on your target, wait for the dot to cover it, and squeeze the trigger. Tada.

Nothing to be redpilled on, its a fuckimg optic and pretty damn simple.
>>
>>29748135
I Have one it was on my Ar for some time, and a 22lr bolt before that. It did okay, does the job and didnt lose zero from being thrown around. In tat sense it was fine. What bothered me was the dot clarity and the adjustment. It seemed like instead of 1/2 moa click it would give me like an inch moa per click when to the left, and a half to the right. Once it got zeroed it worked. I hear people use them shotguns. I bought a Trijicon MRO and i would say to you just save up for the MRO instead. Its well worth it.
>>
>>29748165
Thicque
>>
>>29748152

I have heard bad things about the PA or i would buy it but for $200 price ranges id just save a bit more and go holosun. This is just going on a 9mm AR15 range toy
>>
>>29748194
Where have you managed to hear bad things about the PA offering and not the Holosun?
>>
>>29748165

dat parallax
>>
>>29748190
Shopped
>>
>>29748201

jewtube reviews and a few on arfcom. still seems like a good red dot probably just a few that slipped past QC but PA takes care of them.
>>
>>29748135
Had it on my VEPR-12 and it performed solidly. Was able to hit bullseyes at 50 yards with low recoil Fiocchi slugs without much difficulty.
>>
File: 96ef0jimsan2.jpg (40 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
96ef0jimsan2.jpg
40 KB, 720x479
>>29748194
>holosun
stay away from this, stick with Bushnell for that price
All low tier red dots have the same reliability. So stick with whats cheapest so you dont lose that much when they break. Or buy Aimpoint/trijicon
>>
>>29748135
I actually have that optic with the diode in the 4 o'clock position. There are 2 problems with this optic:

1. the diode sticks into the field of view which cramps your view if trying to co-witness but isn't a big deal otherwise.
2. The glass is really small. The narrow window to look through the dot means in a dark environment or without a proper cheek weld it can be hard to find the dot by lining your face up with it.

Okay so those are the 2 downsides. However, I paid $90 for mine, it came with a nice riser mount base too. That's an outstanding value. It holds zero just fine on an AR and the brightness range of the diode is perfect with the dot being clearly visible even on a sunny day.

Depending on your budget and application, you may want to consider a red dot of slightly larger diameter but if this is your budget, it's a fantastic choice. I still use mine today.
>>
I had one once and hated it. AMA.

Main problems with it were the overly obnoxious green tint of the lens and it was constantly shutting off under recoil (of a 10/22), likely due to the battery housing being shit.
>>
>>29748406
>I paid $90 for mine

OP here, I ordered mine ff jet.com for $60 free shipping i have sen /k/ shit on budget optics i just thought id ask for first hand experience since this is going to be baby's first red dot. If i like it i might switch to something higher end in the future not that i will ever go to war with the fucking thing. I just cant justify spending $500 on a red dot to shoot fucking cans with.
>>
>>29748487
> I just cant justify spending $500 on a red dot to shoot fucking cans with.
You don't have to, you can still get budget optics that are worth half a shit and don't give you a heavily tinted view with a starry dot to aim with.
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life/p/kt-md-ads/
>Spend $170
>50k battery life
>Aimpoint mount compatibility
>Push-button intensity setting
>Crisp dot
>Durability to the point it survives being blasted by a shotgun and still retains zero

It is by far and away worth the extra money over a Bushnell, or some NCSTAR shit that came out of a Walmart.
>>
>>29748530
when did primary arms spike in price? thought those were like 70-90 bucks not double that
>>
>>29748609
Their basic model is $80. Their MD-ADS is $170.
>>
>>29748135
Tried to mount it on a 12g, couldn't sight it in, shots were all over the place. Either the two mounts I tried weren't tight enough, which is possible, or the homemade overloaded slugs I used destroyed the optic. Who knows. I should try this on some AR15, but I need some riser.
>>
File: AR Clear3.png (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
AR Clear3.png
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>29748135
I own a Primary Arms MD-ADS, for $160 it's your best option

Alternatively you can get the PA microdot for like $80

Get PA over Bushnell shitty optics always
>>
>>29748135
I have this mounted in the forward position on a CZ VZ58 with the 18.5bbl length. It's been flawless.
Perfect co-witness without the riser.
Prints 2 inch groups at 100m.
>>
>>29748135
it was my first real optic. Holds a zero well, light, small, good battery life, actually useful at 300 yards which surprised me. Only complaint would be the dot seems to change shape on mine. Sometimes its relatively clean and sharp but I've had it have some pretty bad star burst/flare effect on the 12-2 o'clock position of the dot. Thinking it comes with the territory of budget dots, I went looking at more premium offerings. I looked at a Trijicon mro at my local shop thinking it the dot would be sharp as hell with no flare. But nope, there was still flare in all brightness settings. I looked at other more expensive options and those were clean but they were also 700+. For the 90 bucks I paid at wallywerld (b4 they said no blacks allowed) I would expect the whole flare problem would be completely unacceptable in 500+ dots. Maybe it was just that one but the mro looked just like my tsr-25 and I cannot spend a dollar more than what I did on the tsr if it doesn't fix/improve upon my only gripe with it.

I really want to like the mro. Hopefully the one i looked through was derpped and the next one is actually fine.
>>
File: BIG DINNER BOX.jpg (84 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
BIG DINNER BOX.jpg
84 KB, 1000x562
>>29748165
T H I C K
>>
>>29748135
>>29748135
I have this optic and the dot is fuzzy, the mount is really weak, and it is not parallax free.
>>
It's alright. Battery life is shit. It's way under the advertised 3,000 hours. It's worth $65 when they're on sale, but once you approach $100 just get a PA dot.
>>
File: 1341806539783.jpg (20 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
1341806539783.jpg
20 KB, 200x337
>>29748135

I have one on a Ruger mk3 and no problems holding zero or any other problems for that matter.

They are very basic but completely functional.
>>
File: G014.jpg (3 MB, 2700x2136) Image search: [Google]
G014.jpg
3 MB, 2700x2136
Listen here OP, I have both the Bushnell and the PA MDS. The Bushnell was my first red dot, it has lasted nearly two years on my AR and works just fine. If you don't mind the larg-ish dot and turning the optic off when not in use, it will get the job done.

That said, the PA is worlds better, has a smaller dot and much better battery life, for not a whole lot more money.

Just get the PA.
>>
>>29749644

OP here, i think i would prefer a bigger dot since i wont be shooting more than 100 yards and probably more like 50 (lol 9mm).
>>
>>29750051
Well, suit yourself man, but if you decide to swap out that sight with something else down the line you might be hard pressed to find another gun with such a limited intended use to put it on.

Personally I find a smaller dot is better for just about everything.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.