[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good cheap pistol for someone who has never even shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: obvious.png (904 KB, 1370x591) Image search: [Google]
obvious.png
904 KB, 1370x591
What is a good cheap pistol for someone who has never even shot a gun before?

Live in a bad area and I do not feel safe walking around at night to and from work.

(ive scanned catalog but not really sure what the hell everyone is talking about)

im sorry this thread has undoubtedly been posted a million times before - but if anyone can kindly give me a quick answer would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Define cheap. Like hi-point cheap, or police trade in Glock cheap?

You can usually get a good, reputable used hand gun at local shops.
>>
>>29747315
>buy a Hi-point
>walk around calling them stupid niggers
>first one that confronts you shoot them at least 5 times in the head

??????
Zimmerman
Profit.
>>
>>29747334

I was hoping to pay less than 400 dollars (yea thats probably not enough for anything good im guessing)

>>29747351

I sincerely hope I never am in a situation where I have to even reach for it.
>>
>>29747315
Don't ask 4chan. Google a local gun range, ask people there where a good local gunshop is.

Go to said gunshop and have them show you some options,

comfort is king: if it doesn't feel at home in your hands it will never shoot right.

Next get to the range: If you're carrying for defence holster to accurate fire needs to be muscle memory not thought
>>
>>29747367
$400 is fine. I paid $393 for my shield with tax and background check included.

Shop around and look for something you like in that price range. Try to stick to something in the Glock, S&W, Springfield, Ruger or CZ brands. Preferably in .380, 9mm, or .45
>>
>>29747399

ok so basically hit the range and just bullshit with the locals is what you guys suggest then?

ill do that, thanks friends
>>
>>29747451
Look around. Be honest with the sales guys and tell them it's your first gun. Don't let them pressure you into something you dont want though. Hold a bunch of guns until something feels right. And if possible shoot it at a range.
>>
literally glock
>>
File: 1458425666639-1-2.jpg (1 MB, 695x2498) Image search: [Google]
1458425666639-1-2.jpg
1 MB, 695x2498
I got u senpai
>>
>>29747658

so are you saying the guns on that chart are good? cause if so alot of those would definitely be in my price range
>>
>>29747751
Just like cars there is no such thing as a "good" gun as everyone has unique tastes. Take a look at the ruger LCP9 they can be had for $189-$250 right now and are pretty idiot proof
>>
>>29747658

whats with the bottoms of the guns being serrated like a knife or something? weird
>>
>>29747772
That's a rail for mounting something like a light or laser.
>>
>>29747788

ah, makes sense. well, looks like i have some shopping to do. thanks everyone - ill have to come by /k/ more often you guys seem pretty mature for this hellhole website.
>>
>>29747800
You can also look into the Canik TP9. Fantastic weapon, about $350.
>>
>>29747751

Some of those are good, they're all functional which is exactly what you're asking about.
>>
>>29747315
Bersa Thunder would be a good bet for you then keep in mind you not just buying a weapon you buying ammo spare mags and a holster... the Bersa is cheap enough to get that you can afford to do so you second best bet is a used snub nose .38 and some speed loaders if you can have a friend show you how to use speed loaders and or if your willing to teach your self on youtube (if you go this route buy some snap caps if you don't know what thouse are ask for them at your local gun store)
>>
Not OP but has anyone here ever owned a RIA M206? I'm thinking about picking one up for my bug out bag...
>>
>>29748235
>>29747922

those both look like some good options (im not really wanting a revolver)

also forgot to mention I do want something with some stopping power, and from what i hear 9mm isnt really going to stop a 300lb gorilla man charging at you
>>
>>29748315
My preference for a revolver is purely for simplicity. When I have to lift my jacket, or hoodie, or shirt to draw my concealed firearm, I like the idea of being able to point and pulling the trigger without any extra steps. No need to worry about safeties, magazines, jams, chambering a round, etc.

Just unholster, point, pull trigger. I chat up this old retired FBI agent and he goes on and on about how his Saturday Night Special was always with him and how it saved his ass in times where his service issue would fail him. Shitty thing is, you gotta solve your problem with 5-6 shots. I carry speed trips since they can lay flat and go into any pocket. Not a fan of speed loaders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should get a gun you don't want but I'm throwing it out there that if you want something dependable, easy to maintain, extremely reliable, and supremely simple to carry: wheel gun.
>>
>>29747351
Zimmerman used a keltec

>>29747451
Yeah your best bet is go to an indoor range and let them know you intend to buy a gun, if you havent ever fired one you'll know how, and which one works for you after trying 3-4.

Just make sure you actually stay in practice with it so you arent fucked when you need it.
>>
File: 220px-Komisarjevsky,_joshua.jpg (6 KB, 220x147) Image search: [Google]
220px-Komisarjevsky,_joshua.jpg
6 KB, 220x147
>>29747658
>Tyrone

Bubba is just as likely desu

Probably more so in rapes
>>
File: triggered.jpg (113 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
113 KB, 497x732
>>29747800
>Not knowing that most /k/omrades reading this got pic related at not recognizing the most common rail system
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.