[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revolver thread. I was thinking about buying a S&W Model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 600x324
Revolver thread. I was thinking about buying a S&W Model 36 Cheifs Special, is it good for targets and recreational shooting?
>>
Target shooting, no.

Recreational/cc, sure.
>>
>>29745760
target shooting is possible, but a 2 inch snubby isnĀ“t made to be laserbeam accurate
>>
>>29746269
All guns are intrinsically accurate. The reason people think snubnoses are not accurate is because the sight radius is much shorter than a full size revolver. It requires a different aiming technique.

So please stop spreading misinformation. Next you'll say you don't have to aim with a shotgun.
>>
>>29746269
>>29745806
Are there any snubs that are good for targets? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm looking for something small and powerful that I can use on and off the range
>>
>>29746409
Small and powerful are often mututally exclusive. Shorter barrels make it harder for rounds to accelerate to high velocities.

That said, I always shot my lcr well. You should check it out as an alternative. If you want to target shoot the lcrx has a hammer so you can single action it.
>>
>>29746409

I mean, if you put on some sort of optic to compensate for the small sight radius, then that'll help. Not great for CC'ing if you have a RDS on it, though.
>>
>>29746409
See >>29746386

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgl8VuX0LuY
>>
>>29746424
When I say powerful I don't mean I wanna blast off someone's arm with one shot, that's my bad sorry. It's really a bluff card that I don't wanna use if really needed. Like if someone saw me pull it out they won't fuck with me
>>
>only become interested in revolvers in the past year
>want all these nice revolvers
>they're impossible to find locally, and everyone on GB overprices them by 50%+

I just want a Model 19 or one of those surplus MR73s. Is there any decent place to find them?
>>
>>29746447
Look up brandishing laws. You need to take some classes especially regarding carrying a firearm before you buy one.
>>
File: IMAG1210.jpg (922 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1210.jpg
922 KB, 2688x1520
>>29746512
Bought both of these this month. 900 bucks in them both total
>>
>>29746447
Yeah don't do that. If you draw a weapon that means you better be ready to use it and accept all legal moral and ethical ramifications that choice entails.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.