[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Franz Ferdinand has been killed. Within the next few months,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1447005580999.jpg (527 KB, 1200x1766) Image search: [Google]
1447005580999.jpg
527 KB, 1200x1766
Franz Ferdinand has been killed. Within the next few months, a complex series of alliances, arrogantly stupid decisions, and massive military movements will mark the beginning of another European war.
You are in command of the military brawn and brain of the United Kingdom.
Armed with knowledge regarding all strategies and tactics of what will become the first world war, what areas of technology do you stress research and development? What strategy with "modern" weapons and technology will you employ? How will you win?

(No, you can't force Britain to stay out of the war)
(No, you can't stop WW2 from happening)
(No, you can't stop any future war or conflicts that occur due to WW1) (Ex: the Russian revolution)
(No, you can't hunt down Hitler, or any major Axis players)
>>
work on creating semi-portable radio
so breakthroughs can actually be exploited instead of having your breakthrough troops sit around and wait for orders while the defenders regroup
>>
>>29744931
>Franz Ferdinand

Nobody will ever fight over shitty eurodance, not even retarded yurofaggots
>>
Emphasise R&D into tanks and aircraft.
Faster, more reliable tanks; as well as fighters/bombers that can fly higher, go faster, and hurt harder and more accurate.
If trench warfare becomes a reality (despite my efforts to avoid such a thing), at least I'll have some way to break the stalemate.
>>
>>29745004
>kek
I didn't know that was a thing.
>>
I'd try to establish a sturmtruppen doctrine early in the war. Maybe even develop a mechanized infantry based around better armored tractors
>>
>>29745004
>franz ferdinand
>eurodance
>SHITTY
they're fucking post punk you idiot fuckboy and I swear to god fight me if you think they're shit
>>
>>29745004
>>29745115
>disregard WW1
>This is where the fighting is at
>>
>>29744931

I'd probably torp a random US liner under false flag to draw their burgers asses into battle before 1917
>>
>>29745190
Who? central or western powers?
>>
>>29744931

Deploy the ice cream.
>>
>>29745220

Western because fuck Berlin get money.

Also it's pretty much what happened minus (?) the false flag, i'd just do it earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania
>>
>>29745260
Would you think, us forces would be more effective fighting earlier in the war than later on? I could imagine the us having a bloody battle like the somme.
>>
I say dontcha know?
You say you dont know I say...

TAKE ME OUT
>>
>>29744931
I have that onion book, great coffee table reader.
>HOLY SHIT
>MAN WALKS ON FUCKING MOON
>>
>>29744931
>Armed with knowledge regarding all strategies and tactics of what will become the first world war, what areas of technology do you stress research and development? What strategy with "modern" weapons and technology will you employ? How will you win?

"Set piece" operational planning, artillery coordination. The two things that turned the rather static years of 15-16 to the relatively dynamic fighting of 17-18 in real life. I imagine you could shave off a year easily - not necessarily off the war, but off the switch.

Also various small advances at roughly the platoon level, e.g. greater distribution of light machine guns and mortars. Again, that happened in real life, but armed with hindsight and the power to do so you could push it forward by many months I imagine.

I also deserve bonus points for little or really none at all alien space bat technology/magic shenanigans (bar having the a priori knowledge of the above rather than having to earn it).
>>
>>29744931
First, I'd push aviation development. Establish and keep overwhelming air superiority. Then I'd build a tactical bomber fleet to interdict enemy logistics. Then I'd build a fleet of troop-carrying aircraft, probably something like a squad per plane because tech limitations.

Scout out a nice enemy airfield, not too close to any troop concentrations, and land a battalion en masse. The surviving transports return for another load, while follow-on forces and supplies come in on Zeppelins (or the Brit equivalent. Motorized LTA craft. That thing).

The idea is to see if I can get a regiment or so dug in in the enemy rear area. This causes panic and despondency, especially if I coordinate with an armored assault. In addition to tanks, I would also focus on developing APCs.

Maybe also work up something like Bren carriers to keep my supplies moving.
>>
>>29744931
I wouldn't send masses of men to go die in the trenches in France. We'd use the time-honored British tactics of naval blockade and fighting on the periphery.

If France sued for peace, we could still employ the blockade, just like what happened during the Napoleonic wars, until a new coalition rose up to challenge Germany.

If we absolutely have to fight on the continent, then just preserve a few harbors around Belgium. No bothering with offensives.
>>
>>29745260
The Lusitania was in 1915. America didn't join the war until 1917.
>>
>>29744931
Avoid the entry into the war at all costs. Abolish the draft and order the preemptive clandestine execution of FDR and his future administration Eminent domain the federal reserve and order the clandestine assassination of j.p Morgan, rockafella, Carnegie and the Rothschild delegation. Reverse and abolish the federal deserve act and restore the gold standard. And of course dismantle any teetotaler bullshit before it starts also if possible strike the 16th amendment out of the constitution.
>>
Make a bunch of retarded decisions to weaken the UK. Sell all gold for aluminum to the US. withdraw troops from overseas and equip them with trapdoor rifles and send them into machinegun lines, order new uniforms made of thick scratchy cotton, cancel production of planes and armed ground vehicles. That ought to make things interesting in the future.
>>
>>29746092
How do you do that as the commander of British army?
>>
>>29746092
Sorry I got ahead of myself I read US for some reason not U.K.
>>
>>29746110
kek
>>
>>29744974
First comment is best comment, kind of sad no one else has picked up on this.
>>
File: David_icke_flickr_(cropped).jpg (65 KB, 357x343) Image search: [Google]
David_icke_flickr_(cropped).jpg
65 KB, 357x343
>>29746092
>order the preemptive clandestine execution of FDR and his future administration
This is promising

>Eminent domain the federal reserve
Could be good or bad depending on what you do with it, but lets face it - you're(you specifically) just going to fuck things up worse by having direct control over the Fed

>restore the gold standard
Oh, I see what kind of person I am dealing with.
>>>/x/
>>>/pol/
Fuck off and don't return
>>
>>29746124
Declare war on that silly colony.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.