[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shot a glock 17 for the first time today Trigger was consistent,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
File: glock 17.jpg (169 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
glock 17.jpg
169 KB, 700x476
Shot a glock 17 for the first time today

Trigger was consistent, but stiff. the grip was more slim than i expected.

i think i still prefer the p226 and 92fs for target shooting, although i understand why glocks are popular carry guns
>>
>>29741466
k
>>
File: 1457739504237.jpg (18 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1457739504237.jpg
18 KB, 300x256
Thats nice honey
>>
ITT: stories that actually happened

lets see how many /k/ actually has
>>
>>29741466
I like my 26 for target shooting. Also I think because it's my carry gun I like shooting with it more.
>>
>>29741527
I went to the gun range and everybody was nice and polite.
>>
I still maintain the 17 is better than the 19
>>
>>29741527
I fell for the shilling of James Yeager and bought a ras47, then I saw all of the testing and advice Rob ski had to offer and I promptly traded in my ras47 for a 2015 wasr
>>
sometimes when i go to the gun range i say i forgot my RPAL so one of the guys has to give me the mandatory lesson and then supervise my shooting

it's lonely out here senpai
>>
>>29741608
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but I'll never understand why people take Yeager seriously.
He scares the hell out of me to be honest.
>>
>>29741629
>not keeping your PAL/RPAL in your wallet at all times
Unless you mean you do it for human interaction, in which case, sorry bruh.
>>
>>29741466
I still cannot shoot a Glock (any Glock) well. They don't point naturally and the trigger guard chews up my middle finger. Have tried Glocks 17, 19, 21, 21SF, 20, 22, 29, and 34 in gens 3 and 4.

I understand I could undercut the trigger guard (slightly more) to alleviate (some of) the problem but they still don't point worth a shit for me.

The sights are garbage, but this is coming from a target shooter's standpoint.

I did actually like the trigger. Heavier than what I'm used to (bullseye 1911's) by several pounds, but consistent with an even break. A little bit of mush and way too much takeup, but if I concentrated on the squeeze I could do well and ride the reset.

Of the modern semi's I shoot them the worst. I even shoot my microcompact carry pistol better (LCP), and it's got a much worse trigger and truly vestigial sights. I like their capacity and relatively thin frames compared to similar sized pistols though.
>>
>>29741631
By all means be a dick I should have done better research in the first place. I ended up losing 300$ after the trade in. Happy with my wasr now but Damn ill never listen to anything he says again. I can go into the full story of my arrogance/autism but it's long and sorta boring. Just a life lesson, live and learn. Also Rob Ski for the fucking win, I love that guy.
>>
>>29741666
We all need to make one of those mistakes to learn to research shit better the next time.
I've done that before too, and now I am unbelievably anal about analyzing and comparing shit before I buy.
>>
>>29741466
The first thing I did when I bought my 19 was put in a 4 lb trigger. Feels amazing now
>>
>>29741580
I went to the gun store. They didn't have Mini Mags, but I still bought a new magazine. It was a good day.
>>
>>29741666
checked

best advice i ever got from yeager was to only trust falco or galco shoulder holsters, and nothing else. it's worked out pretty well so far
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>29741662
Glock triggers suck, especially compared to a "target 1911." What makes them appealing to the masses is that their triggers consistently suck, which makes them predictable. I prefer DA/SA sigs to be fairly honest
>>
>>29741701
Is it still that 2ish stage trigger? That's all I can think of when I've pulled the trigger on one.
>>
File: IMG_20160426_010113.jpg (186 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160426_010113.jpg
186 KB, 960x720
>>29741677
Yea, what fucks with me is I normally do alot of research. With this I don't know, I chose to listen to the wrong ppl. On the topic of the thread after researching a ton I ended up with this CZP07 as my ccw over a glock 19. Personally I'm not a fan of glock and I like SA/DA hammers to striker fired. From what I saw ppl liked it and it's reliable. I love it and after 300 rounds nothing has gone wrong yet
>>
>>29741585
The 19 is better because it's more versatile and you can conceal carry it. If it was socially acceptable to open carry then I'd take the 17 over the 19
>>
>>29741637
>tfw using your rpal as ID at the liquor store

i quit drinking last year but i do miss seeing the look on yuppie torontonian lcbo clerk girls' faces when i would use that for ID
>>
>>29741527

What kind of story do you want for bedtime?
>>
>>29741738
I use my RPAL as ID for literally everything. Yet to get a weird look. I do live in ruralish BC, so I have a feeling I'm not the only one who does lel.
>>
>>29741585
I can't hold the 19 comfortably at all because my entire pinkey finger goes off the bottom. 17 is fine though.
>large hand problems
>>
>>29741718
yes the p226 has the best trigger out of all the 9mm pistols i've ever shot

acceptable take up, and then a crisp break. the 92fs trigger is smooth but mushy, the glock is too heavy, the hk p30L breaks way too late, the hi power is a bit gritty (plus the sights are garbage; comfy grip though)... still have yet to shoot a cz75 but otherwise i can confirm that the p226 lives up to the hype
>>
>>29741723
Yeah it's still that two stage just a little easier pull. You can buy the 3.5 lb connectors for like 10 bucks and then with the stock firing spring the pull will be around 4.5
>>
>>29741773
>92fs trigger is smooth but mushy
How would you compare it to a Glock?
I've fucked around with Glocks, and I don't find the trigger too bad, and I'm considering the 92fs.
>>
>>29741772
You can buy grip extensions for the bottom of the mags for like 8 bucks. I have them for my 29 and it makes it feel a lot better.
>>
>>29741466
>although i understand why glocks are popular carry guns

Do you? Do you really? I'm getting the feeling from the structure and content of your post that you don't.
>>
>>29741800
Then it looks weird though. Its like having extended baseplates on a Colt Commander or one of the even shorter models.
>>
>>29741789
with the glock, there are 3 steps when you pull:
>disengage the safety
>take up the slack
>break

the first two parts are fine, but breaking the trigger takes a lot of force compared to any hammer-fired da/sa 9mm

the beretta pulls through more like just one stage. i can barely feel the difference between taking up the slack and breaking the trigger. so, it's extremely smooth, but there is no defining break pull (hence the adjective "mushy").

the beretta was the first pistol i ever shot, coming from a trap-shooting background, so I was used to my o/u trigger breaking like a glass rod. then I get on this pistol and it pulls through without a significant break point; my first thought was that it feels mushy, like pushing down on worn-out brakes.

the beretta is also a softer shooter due to the weight, and has a fatter handle (which i like, long fingers), but the stock plastic grips are trash and must be replaced if you ever plan to shoot in the summer w/o gloves.
>>
>>29741830
I didn't buy a glock for the looks. It's a black square kebab remover
>>
>>29741801
yes

im getting the feeling from the structure and content of your post that you're an argumentative pissant who's trying to start a beef. what's it going to be, hot shot?
>>
>>29741527
I'm 25 and I have never even kissed a girl.

Few years back a qt girl asked me if I want to come over for a coffee (it was 10PM) but I said I don't drink coffee. Two weeks ago I realized that she probably didn't mean coffee.

Oh, and I also hate myself.
>>
>>29741840
Cool, I'll give that some thought.
If I buy anything, it'll be used (College), but I've got it narrowed down to Glock 17, Beretta 92fs, Sig 226, or some form of 1911. Handled a CZ and was not a fan of it, the trigger pull was way too fucking long.
>>
>>29741923
if you want to shoot on the cheap and don't mind an initial investment, you can get a glock 17 and then a .22 conversion kit. basically 2 guns in one.
>>
>>29741887
hit the gym
get a haircut
get tinder

baby steps friendo
>>
File: George-Costanza.jpg (67 KB, 605x454) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza.jpg
67 KB, 605x454
>>29741887
>girl asked me if I want to come over for a coffee (it was 10PM) but I said I don't drink coffee. Two weeks ago I realized that she probably didn't mean coffee.
I know that feel. I too have pulled a Costanza before and it feels awful when you finally realize.
>>
>>29741950
>not having original george faces

what are you doing with your life
>>
>>29741939
Not a bad point, plus I have plenty of .22 I stocked before it went way up in price.
>>
>>29741962
>what are you doing with your life
Drinking it away, anon.....idk what the fuck I'm doing anymore
>>
>>29741949
Man I'd be fucked if I had to try and get another girlfriend. The only reason I'm not still a kissless virgin is becase I accidentally a female back in highschool, and we're still together.
How do you go about doing Tinder shit? If somebody thinks you're interesting enough to date you just go out with them?
>>
>>29741662
You can change the sights, and drop a different trigger.
>>
>>29741949
I'm rather fit. My hair is long, though (no neckbeard, mind you).

I gave up years ago. Girls don't like me, I'll just deal with it.
Sure, it sucks a lot. But that's life for you. In other ways my life is pretty ok. Lonely, but ok.
>>
>>29741466
226 is probably the only 9mm I've ever found comfortable to shoot. I've got baby hands so the 92 didn't sit well with me, and glock's default grip texture chews up the bottom of my hand something awful. I know it's a meme gun, but I love the 1911 just because it's so thin. Maybe someday I can buy my own...
>>
>>29742062
Get a cheapo Tisas or something for plinking.
>>
>>29742119
I would love to, but unfortunately I'd rather put that $400 towards school. I'm trying my fucking hardest to stave off student loans as long as possible, and paying 400 out of pocket now means not paying 600 out of pocket via interest later.
>>
>>29741998
>Man I'd be fucked if I had to try and get another girlfriend. The only reason I'm not still a kissless virgin is becase I accidentally a female back in highschool
I knew this feel
>and we're still together
Until we weren't
>>
>>29742158
Well that's good anyway m8, you'll be able to have what you want if you do that.
>>
I fingerfucked a Glock single stack subcompact.

The trigger felt like some sort of toy gun and at 600 bucks, meh.
>>
File: deadliest-warrior-17.jpg (22 KB, 554x401) Image search: [Google]
deadliest-warrior-17.jpg
22 KB, 554x401
Just look at it's stats
>>
>>29742158
Im on the same wave length, i plan on working all summer saving every dime and nickel to cut into my 1000-2000$ semester debt.
>>
>>29741527
I bought a 1911 in 9mm because I thought it would be a really fast, awesome shooter. But I don't have a 1911 in .45. And I want a 1911 in .45 now, I don't care about 9mm 1911.

So I bought a Glock and I guess it's generic enough to work, but I still want a 1911 in .45...
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.