[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know anything about guns, just that I need one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: RB7M-3.jpg (188 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
RB7M-3.jpg
188 KB, 900x720
Title pretty much says it all bruh, it almost impossible for me to go outside for anything without some trying to rob me or jump me for being in their neighborhood, you might think I sound retarded but I just want to protect myself, any recommendation?I'd prefer something big and scary looking so i wont actually have to blow some hoodrat 13 year old away and more so just put fear in him. I was thinking maybe a shotgun? I'd probably miss if I was shooting a pistol.

TL;DR: I live in the hood and I need a gun. Whats a good gun for defense? I'd prefer something big and scary looking so i wont actually have to blow some hoodrat 13 year old away and more so just put fear in him.
>>
>>29741323
Don't carry a gun unless you are willing to kill someone with it.

Otherwise get a Glack.
>>
>>29741323

If you're not ready to shoot someone, you're not ready for a gun.

If you feel you can de-escalate the situation by being scary, drawing your weapon is unjustifiable.
>>
>>29741323

bad idea. move away
>>
>>29741323
Guns are not something that you use to scare people, they're something you use to kill people. Come back when you've grown enough balls to defend yourself when your life is threatened and we'll tell you.
>>
>>29741323

>>29741332
>>29741335
these two are correct, all memes aside, drawing a firearm is a last resort, when all other options are expended.

with that said, dont carry unless you intend to use it, and dont draw unless you intend to fire.

"scaring some 13 year old hoodrat" just lets him know you have a gun, and to open fire the next time he sees you without warning
>>
>>29741332
>>29741335
>>29741356
/thread
>>
Holy shit dude, sure id kill someone if they were also pointing a gun at me, but I was talking about like if some kid broke into my house while I was there trying to steal my tv or something, I wouldnt just blow his back out for that. Jesus.
>>
>>29741335
what happens if OP draws to de-escalate and instead of running away, the person either calls the bluff or doesn't care?
Will OP be able to pull the trigger if the person keeps advancing and goes for the gun?
Will OP himself start running?
>>
>>29741538
So in the quick split seconds of being alerted of a home invasion, you will have no fucking clue if the person is alone, with others, thinking clearly or mentally unstable, or the most important unknown: is he armed or not.

If you go out of your room and look for the asshole(s) with sole purpose of scaring them off, you're going to get fucked if you encounter someone armed, and there's no telling how they'll react to someone with a gun pointed at them.
>>
>>29741623
I think you guys just watch too much Fox news, you're on edge too much. When someone is getting robbed with a gun in the hood its usually for intimidation no one barely shoots unless they are going out to literally commit a murder. I promise you none of these little niggas out here are trying to kill anyone with anyone.
>>
>>29741720
Then why buy a gun? If you don't fear for your life in this neighborhood since according to you;
>"I promise you none of these little niggas out here are trying to kill anyone with anyone."

Then why not just get a baton or better yet, learn some martial arts, or just be a lot more institutionally aware?
Otherwise, don't get a gun. You scare enough people, and they'll remember you as the guy who owns a gun and unless you really don't live in a bad neighborhood, they'll fucking come get it because a gun is worth cash or can make them cash.
>>
>>29741332
First post == best post.
>>
>>29741838
I'm saying none of these kids are going into these houses robbing people with a head full of rage and blood lust but if they have a gun yeah they might kill you. I dont wanna be like "Yo you're white you dont know my struggle." because thats fucking retarded to say but the hood is complicated bruh. Trust me.
>>
>>29742004
Then get a fake gun, an airsoft and save money because you seem to obviously not want to use it, only appearances for scaring off these misguided and actually peaceful people you live around.
>>
>>29741323
Advice from when I lived in the asshole of America; Oakland, California. If you don't want to be a victim then don't look like one. Be smart. The best way to get out of a bad situation is to avoid one. Avoid bad areas when you can. Don't let people walk behind you, duck into a store for a bit if you need.

If you decide a gun is your best bet please seek some guidance from someone who is experienced with them and/or take courses.

Like others have said, pulling a gun out is the penultimate conflict escalation. You should only do it if your life is at stake. Your wallet isn't worth it. Neither are your shoes or your jacket. Guns kill and you should be prepared to kill if you carry it.

Good luck OP.
>>
Here's my mentality. Unless you are ready to train FREQUENTLY with a gun,

DO

NOT

BUY

ONE.

Guns aren't toys, I often spend nights worrying about if I would ever have to use any of mine in defensive situations, I pray that I make the right decision if I ever need to use it.

But I will be prepared to make that shot and take that life if God-forbid I ever have to.
>>
>>29741323

If you do decide that you are willing to learn, practice and be a RESPONSIBLE gun owner (get your CCW and learn to fully operate and clean your piece).

My recommendation for your FIRST gun is always the Glock 19 or something VERY close to comparable (Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Beretta Storm). Glock is the GOLD STANDARD for pistols, there is a reason why it is the most purchased pistol in the world.
>>
>>29741538
Fag
>>
>>29742133
the reason why glock got its start is because they were giving sweetheart deals to every police agency possible to trade in their old stuff for glocks for a song. everyone sees that the cops are using glocks, start buying them too.
>>
>>29741323
Go to the gun store, and ask for a Remington 870 or mossberg 500.

Get some ammo too, you want 2-3/4" buckshot.

Watch a couple videos on gun safety, and be careful. After you've had it for a long time, and you are very familiar with it, keep it loaded with the safety on.
>>
>>29741323
bruh what you really need is a scary mask bruh. BRUH. A WOLF FACE KIND!!!
>>
File: baby biden.jpg (23 KB, 600x283) Image search: [Google]
baby biden.jpg
23 KB, 600x283
>>29741323
Get a fucking Glock 19 and a carry permit, and a nice KYDEX concealed holster.

Because niggers will steal your gun if they know you have one, and if you aren't carrying it with you, what good is it?
>>
>>29741538
>Holy shit dude, sure id kill someone if they were also pointing a gun at me
>but I was talking about like if some kid broke into my house while I was there trying to steal my tv or something
>I wouldnt just blow his back out for that. Jesus

K dude check this out. BOOOOSH you just woke up and someone's stealing your shit in the living room RIGHT NOW! NOOOOOoooo
k so you grab your shotgun just to scare them off because that makes sense, and you walk into the living room.
It's a 13yr old.
He freezes, because you have a shotgun oh shit!
You yell GET THE FUCK OUT but while you were yelling the 13yr old real quick just pulled out a cheap gun and
BAA-AAA-AAA-MMM
he fucking shot you dude! because you were pointing a gun at him!
Holy shit dude, sure he'd kill you if he had a gun and you were also pointing a gun at him!

just like you said!
FUUUUUUCK BRUUUUUUUU if you have a gun and someone broke in, it's dark. You can't see their hands. And most people can pull a gun up and shoot you before you can decide to shoot him first. That's why everyone (here and everywhere) is like, SHOOT FIRST! Because holy shit dude, sure I'd kill someone if they were also pointing a gun at me, but I'm talking about like if some kid broke into your house while you were there trying to steal your tv or something with a gun in his waist. He would just blow your back out and run away. I hope that makes sense, I'm just trying to put it into perspective for you while having some fun.
>>
>>29742776
this, but only if OP can practice and do meaningful training
>>
>>29742776
>Get a fucking Glock 19 and a carry permit, and a nice KYDEX concealed holster.
>belt?
>eh, just get whatever
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.