[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xi Jinping's Restructuring of the People's Liberation Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 153px-China_Emblem_PLA.svg.png (6 KB, 153x145) Image search: [Google]
153px-China_Emblem_PLA.svg.png
6 KB, 153x145
>http://on.wsj.com/23VVXbp
>"Chinese president Xi Jinping is restructuring the People's Liberation Army to enable it to conduct modern warfare and protect China's global interests. Here's a look back at the history of the PLA."

Looks like Xi is trying to remake the PLA into a force capable of projecting Chinese power across the globe.

>yfw your mom's side of the family is Taiwanese
>yfw the commies start some shit
>yfw Xi gets taken out back and shot by angry/corrupt generals
>>
>http://www.wsj.com/articles/president-xi-jinpings-most-dangerous-venture-yet-remaking-chinas-military-1461608795?mod=e2fb
Additional article from the Wall Street Journal.
>>
>>29739637
What did the pla do before? I don't know much about this but my gf is Taiwanese and this might be one thing I can actually use to start a conversation with her dad.
>>
>>29739637
Good luck with trying to reform millions strong corrupt institution that controls the gov and commercial sectors.
>>
>>29740291
Get BTFO by the Vietnamese.
>>
>>29739637
Well good luck to him.. The Chinese are very self important/arrogant, especially the uni students they send over.

Ie if you sit within 10 feet of them in the library, they will move farther away. At least if you are white.
>>
>>29740291
They were corrupt and sliding into decay. Some minor border wars with India, Vietnam, and the USSR. The last major war they were in was Korea. Good luck with the dad, I've heard from my cousins that Taiwanese soldiers stationed on the contested islands in the strait occasionally go missing/are abducted by the mainlanders, but I dunno how trustworthy that is.
>>
>>29740291
Lose.
>>
>>29739637
so how long until he disappears and his name is struck from all official records?
>>
>>29741238
It would actually be a good thing if the army popped him. He's been cracking down on speech/press/ religious liberties that had previously been liberalizing in China.
>>
>>29740956
Go in with your friends. Strategically maneuver to corner chink. Checkmate
>>
File: chinese military women fetish.jpg (78 KB, 736x479) Image search: [Google]
chinese military women fetish.jpg
78 KB, 736x479
>>29740956
True.

>Be a frog at the local supermarket, next to a uni full of chinese exchange students
>See two chinese girls, first one is a QT3.14 China-chan in a light robe, second one is a bulldog wearing maoist clothes
>Figure it's the people's commissar student accompanying some innocent girl to not let her alone near dirty gwai-lo
>Frenchman mode activated, a mustache grows on my face as well as a beret on my hairs. Even my farts may now smell perfume. I am the embodiment of romanticism
>Go next to chinese girls in the waiting line, manage to pass before them among the clusterfuck of people
>China-chan notices me and puts on a shy smile
>Answer with a confident smile myself, as I falsely notice she hasn't got a lot of stuff in her bag
>Offers to let her take my spot in the line with a hand gesture
>She blushes a bit, wondering if she should
>Bulldog people's commissar notices what's happening, says something in chinese to China-chan
>China-chan's smile is gone. She lowers her head. Bulldog commissar look at me with disapproving eyes
>Puts my best smile on again for commissar, playing the stupid gwai-lo to destabilize her
>Bulldog commissar is troubled, blushes a bit, I offer them both my spot in the line again
>They take my spot with a nod, China-chan's body slightly brushing my torso in the action while I pretend doing my best to not touch her
>QT china girl face is now as red as her national flag in full "UGUUU" mode
>Bulldog commissar is puzzled and don't know how to react
>They pay for their stuff then leave. I pay for mine as fast as possible then leave too
>I follow them out, notices where they're heading to, then run around the entire block to meet them face to face
>I'm coming back for you China-chan
>Ennemy 12 o'clock !
>Bulldog commissar is shocked to see me again, China-chan smiles as I smile back to her
>As I pass next to them, I winks to China-chan and she lets out the cutest laugh ever
>Psyops achieved
>Bulldog commissar status : assblasted
>>
>>29743552
Everything about this was gross.
>>
File: 926-0536_698806m.jpg (312 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
926-0536_698806m.jpg
312 KB, 600x900
>>29743637
Exchanging smiles with girls is actually not that gross anon, you should try it sometime.
>>
>>29743552
That was pretty fucking cringy.

especially the
>psyops XDDDDDDD
part.
>>
>>29743552
you made me kek, you pathetic chink stalker. good luck to you, may your fetishes become reality
>>
My girlfriend is mainland Chinese, and we met at university. I've spent plenty of time in China as a result of our relationship.

Most Chinese are pretty nice really, they just have different cultural norms which often get perceived as rudeness.

Example 1: If Chinese feel comfortable or familiar with you, they won't make excessive effort to use pleases and thankyou's a lot, because they feel the relationship is progressed beyond this formality. For a Brit, this struck me as rudeness initially but its more like a term of endearment.

Example 2: Chinese people have no conception of 'its impolite to stare'. In China I had people running up to me wanting a selfie with the 'laowai' (foreigner), particularly in the non-touristy areas. Its not really rudeness, its just a strange hyper-curiosity because their society is not even half as racially diverse as the average Western country.
>>
>>29741238

The probability is there, but it seems that the fighting troops and more idealistic military officers are supporting his reforms.
Only the corrupt who ran their units like personal armies and their MRs like fiefdoms hate him.

If they want to stage a coup, they have to first get the loyalty of their troops, who actually support him.

>Some officers support Mr. Xi’s changes, especially combat-operations leaders frustrated by graft, said people who have spoken to senior PLA figures.

>Resentment, they said, comes from generals who controlled large budgets and are reduced to running relatively lowly offices. Senior officers find it harder to supplement salaries with other, sometimes illicit, activities and have lost perks such as luxury cars.
>>
>>29740291
Here is a video of some PLA members helping a farmer get his horse out of a well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRbeWjQYzw8
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.