[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kimber 1911
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Kimber.jpg (102 KB, 1023x655) Image search: [Google]
Kimber.jpg
102 KB, 1023x655
Getting my first handgun tomorrow. Been finger fucking a Kimber 1911 .45ACP at my local LGS.

Does /k/ have any experience with it? How's the reliability? Accuracy? Any pro tips?
>>
Yea, don't buy a kimber. Overpriced with poor QC

Damn near any 1911 is better, especially when comparing costs
>>
File: kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg (677 KB, 3000x1989) Image search: [Google]
kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg
677 KB, 3000x1989
>>29738712
Enjoy your rust and shitty MIM parts
>>
>>29738712
Fingering a Kimber, lol

Buy it and it'll fist your asshole.
>>
Would you recommend I go for a Springfield instead?
>>
>>29738864
Springfield/Ruger is good for that price range
>>
>>29738864
For the price of a Kimber you could get a Dan Wesson, leagues better.
>>
>>29738712
Now you done fucked up.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 812x788) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 812x788
>kimber
Try Les Baer
>>
>>29738712
if you are buying a 1911 in a physical gunstore dont judge it on brand. price should be a minimal consideration
actually examine he damn thing you want to buy
check the grip safety the sights the thumbsafety how well all the parts go together and interact
as a noob you probably dont know what to look for and and any gun you touch will impress you
>>
>>29738712
Got a Kimber Custom II for my first handgun, if I was gonna do it over again I would have gotten a Sig Sauer 1911. However the Kimber has been a badass piece, super accurate, 0 issues with feeding. Don't understand all the Kimber hate /k/ has to offer
>>
>>29738953
They make beautiful guns but for the price they should have better quality.

Out of the two I have owned, neither would function right, one was a 9mm, the other .45, even with WC magazines they would FTF/FTE.
>>
>>29739001
That's odd, I have had 0 hiccups with mine. Ive compared it to friends of mine who own Springfield and Colt 1911s and they all are subpar in comparison. Maybe I just got a lemon that works properly
>>
>>29738712
Pro tip? Buy a different brand. Kimber is okay but not worth the money. Just my opinion.

>>29738953
Should've went with the SIG. I love mine.
>>
>>29738953

from my understanding around ~2009 kimbers QC went to shit

I have a kimber custom 2 and its fantastic but i got it in 2008

then again /k/ is a bunch of parroting noguns so its very likely that kimber is just fine and no one here knows anything
>>
you could have an sti for the money...
>>
>>29739402
Depends on the generation. Current new kimbers have shit quality. Literally bottom of the barrel. It's sad.
>>
>>29739688
Bought it in November of 2014, relatively new.
>>
File: Les Baer Monolith.jpg (1 MB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
Les Baer Monolith.jpg
1 MB, 1440x960
>>29738884
This, you retarded newfag.
>>
for your first gun i wouldn't get something super expensive like that. If you're set on a 1911 go with something a bit cheaper like a springfield mil-spec or an RIA. Last thing you want to do is spend all that money on something you might not end up liking.
>>
colt government would be the basic recommendation

i've heard good things about para ordnance too
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.