[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ Ar Pistols, meme or must own?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
/k/ Ar Pistols, meme or must own?
>>
>>29738538
Do you like to have fun?
>>
>>29738538
I think most people buy them with the intention of putting a stock on it but they don't want their gun to remain at the store waiting for the paperwork. But you could also build one with a hand if you felt like it.
>>
>>29738538
Holy fuck I don't even know what a meme is anymore

Is this thread a meme? Is /k/ a meme?

...Am I meme?
>>
>>29738538
I'm assuming you're in the US, but if you don't plan on putting in the paperwork and SBRing it, I wouldn't bother.
>>
File: emma dawkins.jpg (160 KB, 580x325) Image search: [Google]
emma dawkins.jpg
160 KB, 580x325
>>29738565

>Is this thread a meme?

Yes.

>Is /k/ a meme?

Yes.

>Am I meme?

No; but others knowledge of your identity is.
>>
>>29738565
No, now back to fageddit with you
>>
File: chicken nuggets.jpg (194 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chicken nuggets.jpg
194 KB, 1600x1200
>not buying a draco
>>
>>29738557
huh? you just buy or build a pistol and keep it a pistol until the stamp comes back. who the hell would form 4 a sbr ar, all it is is putting an upper on a lower
>>
>>29738547
Yes

>>29738565
Yes

Also from anyone who has shot one (without a stock) how fun is it? Is it hard to get accurate shots? If a nog broke into my house would this stop him before my ass is sodomized?
>>
>>29738643
It's easy to shoot. Much easier than an AK pistol.
>>
>>29738538
They have their uses as trunk/truck/car guns. Nice, short body to conceal and keep in a tight place, decent firepower when trouble emerges along the road and/or near your vehicle. If my government weren't a bunch of chucklefuck faggots, I would of got one since thw countryside is full of gangsters doing roadside robberies or chases.
>>
Come on let's be honest. Everyone shoulders those shockwave braces, right?
>>
>>29738538
How many people have got their ar pistols taken or been fined for shouldering them?
>>
>>29738643
>Also from anyone who has shot one (without a stock) how fun is it? Is it hard to get accurate shots?
its fun
depending on how you hold it you can still shoot accurately
ive got one with a plain tube and can easily hit mansized targets at 100-300 holding it like a rifle
or benched
trying to use it like a pistol with 2 hands is like a 50 yard gun
using it 1 handed arm extended is awkward its heavy and lining up the sights is hard
>>
>>29738660

do it anyways
>>
File: 20151025_162344.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151025_162344.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29738538

u 'avin a giggle m8?
>>
>>29738664
N-n-n...noo....

>tfw wanting to get an 80% receiver so I can have one in commiefornia cause I totally built it years ago
>>
>>29738714
>not buying Nevada guns
Because NOBODY would ever drive from Reno to a gas station just over the border to trade shotguns...
>>
>>29738538
Pointless unless you're going to SBR it. Most people just but them to use some sort of brace that they may or may not shoulder. After everything calmed down from Sandy Vagina I saw them getting dumped like crazy on Armslist and Facebook.
>>
File: 1460274371254.jpg (27 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1460274371254.jpg
27 KB, 600x440
>>29738538

>cares enough to fill out NFA shit and get a suppressor
>too lazy to take the extra step and SBR his "pistol"

Remedial.
>>
>Get concealed pistol permit.
>Does not apply to rifles.
>Cannot keep rifle loaded in car
>Get AR pistol
>?????????
>profit

>Want SBR
>Conceal pistol permit does not apply
>State lines suddenly matter even more
>Must have paperwork, pay extra...
>Get AR pistol instead
>?????????
>Profit

Look dude, the AR pistol, without shouldering it, still provides a cheek weld. That combined with a red dot, like OP's pic, means it's is every bit as accurate as a "real" rifle. The difference is follow up shots are slower because you don't have the gun braced to the shoulder. Protip: You can still shoulder the buffer tube if you want just don't add an armbrace which isn't integral to the guns function and may be redesigned into a stock.
Secondly, as long as you keep the barrel at 10.5" or more, you still get the rifle velocities that make the 5.56 effective or you can get 300blk optimized for short barrels.
Lastly, because of its' size and being a pistol, it's the absolute best "truck gun" you can get, period.

Okay? Now stop saying meme and gtfo.
>>
>>29739590
What state won't let you keep a rifle loaded in your car?
>>
File: image.jpg (557 KB, 1624x1432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
557 KB, 1624x1432
>>29738538

I can ring steel torso targets pretty consistently at 300m with my 10.5", xm193, TRS-25, and 3x magnifier.

Pic related minus the TRS.
>>
>>29739573
thats not a supressor, its a noveske kx3 or kak flashcan
>>
>>29739712
For myself it's Ohio. With a conceal carry pistol permit, I can throw a loaded handgun in the car, conceal it on me, keep in the glove box, in the floor whatever, however I like. Without the permit it has to be transported unloaded with the ammo in a separate location than the gun else it be considered a concealed weapon, I guess. Since my pistol permit does not apply to a rifle/shotgun, I have to adhere to those rules. As for as I assumed the majority of states were like this. I know Tennessee, Georgia and I think Missouri have passed laws otherwise. I don't think Ohio has yet.
>>
>>29738538
It wouldn't be a thing if it weren't for the NFA.

>>29738704
So how do you get rid of the buffer tube?
>>
>>29739787
Missouri considers the vehicle to be an extension of the home so no permit is require to carry a firearm conceal in the vehicle so long as the driver is 19 and can legally posses the firearm. The law says "concealable firearm". It may or may not apply to long arms. My attorney said it could but it probably isn't worth the fight.

I don't take the chance because I'm not willing to chance the court costs and legal hassle so I don't carry a rifle loaded.
>>
>>29739787
fellow ohioan here- i believe it the loaded mag has to be in a separate area- however that area can be in a pouch outside the case or whatever. it justs needs to be separated by something distinct like a zipper. of course, i could be completely wrong
>>
>>29739808
Getting rid of the buffer tube is kind of dumb IMO because that cheek weld is part of what makes it so accurate.
>>
>>29739895
The point would be to allow a folding stock. ARs can't have that because of the buffer tube.
>>
>>29739921
What about stocks that fold up like the Škorpion vz. 61?
>>
>>29739921
That's great if you're planning to form 1 it.
If you just want a no hassle PDW that you can have loaded in your car (certain states apparently) then paying more to get rid of the buffer tube is kind of a lose-lose, that's all.

Form-1'ing it changes everything obviously.
>>
>>29738617
>Fageddit

Sounds like something a New Yorker would yell
>>
>>29740041
Fuck the NFA. I'm so fucking sick of it dictating every single trend in firearms. Why aren't people lobbying harder against this shit?
>>
>>29740091
Hell, I just want the Hughes amendment repealed. Be nice to convert my PS90 to full auto. But, it's not like the NRA will ever do anything.
>>
>>29740124
Who said anything about the NRA? Fuck the NRA.
>>
>>29740145
My point exactly. The GOA is too small to make that big of a difference.
>>
>>29739573
Fuckin sauce that looks hilarious.
>>
>will literally render you deaf if you ever gave to use it without earpro

Must not own
>>
>>29738664
B-b-but that's illegal senpai
>>
File: pistol in case.jpg (3 MB, 3840x4304) Image search: [Google]
pistol in case.jpg
3 MB, 3840x4304
>>29740212
Aside from having nice electronic earpro, this is the case I keep mine in, notice the back up earpro stick into the foam. Shooting it the range, it didn't really seem that much louder either. People blow stuff out of proportion. My 3" .357mag felt louder.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.