[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the maximum you are willing to pay for a gun? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (873 KB, 2403x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
873 KB, 2403x1400
What's the maximum you are willing to pay for a gun?

I've never paid more than 1.5k for any gun I own, I just don't see the point in spending more than that on a single gun.
>>
I would probably pay 1.5k for a gun, and then that much again on accessories if I felt like it. Maybe more if that includes glass in the budget
>>
For any "normal" gun, probably 2k or so.

But it would depend entirely on what type of gun and what it can do. E.g., paying multiple thousands for some unrivaled special snowflake sniper rifle in .338 Lapua or whatever from AI seems reasonable considering it's not easily replicated
>inb4 list alternatives, this was just a general example
>>
>>29735179

I just spent almost 1,200 on a new upper for my AR. It kind of crept up on me but I can't say I regret it though.
>>
I can go up to 3.5k, euros of course, for the HK MR223 for example.
>>
>>29735225
Same here but I got a complete rifle
>>
What's the most you are willing to pay for a house, /k/?

I've never spent more than 150k for any house I own. I just don't see the point of spending more than that on a single house.
>>
>>29735225
If you care to, can you explain the differences between that tier of upper and something like say a PSA freedom upper or other ~$400 tier upper?
>>
>>29735271
This isn't a very good criticism, as the things which drive the value of houses up (size, location) are pretty obvious to even a non-real estate expert, which is not the case for firearms.
>>
>>29735179
Depends on the gun.

My life dream is to get one of the prototypes off of Rock Island Auction.
>>
>>29735285
The things that drive the value of a firearm up are actually pretty obvious to non experts too.

Legality (was the weapon grandfathered in a way that makes it such that it could not easily be purchased again)

Craftsmanship

Availability

Quality of the materials

Adequation to the purposes for which the weapon was created

Demand

This non-exhaustive list accounts for a significant portion of why a firearm might cost what it costs.
>>
>>29735179
Depends on how much money I have in my pocket.
>>
>>29735322
And if you feel tempted to say that a non-expert would have a hard time assessing those, remember, then, that most people know jack squat about how to determine the value of a house, and generally rely on "this looks good", "I think that I might be able to sell it for more later", "the realtor says it's a good deal", and "I like this neighborhood."
>>
most I have ever spent is a little under 7k with my next most expensive coming in at 5k. my max would probably be somewhere around 30k for full auto.
>>
>>29735179
Most I've ever spent was $4k total on my AR-10. That includes a Leopold Mk4.
I'd probably spend more if something caught my fancy though.
>>
I guess $1.5 -$2k at most for the "average", but the outliers would be my 20mm & .50BMG
>>
File: þroskaheft.png (5 KB, 739x43) Image search: [Google]
þroskaheft.png
5 KB, 739x43
>>29735179
>mfw americans think $1000 for a pistol is a lot
5.5k usd btw
>>
>>29735361
...I'd be a retard for full auto...
>>
>>29735272
The $400 dollar upper is most likely pot-metal with uneven machining, bad fitment, quality-control issues, and a total lack of customer guarantees. It is likely to be unreliable in many ways that the higher quality upper will not be.
>>
>>29735322
I dunno I still feel like if you showed a random person off the street a few houses and had them assign values to them, you'd have much better results than if you took an average noguns and showed them different kinds of guns.

Also, adequation is the process or result of a process to make something adequate, adequacy is the state or quality of being adequate for a given purpose.
>>
>>29735179
No limit.

Money means considerably less than the happiness the things it can acquire brings me.

Thus, if I have the "fuck you" money for it, I'm willing to get it.
>>
>>29735217
Yeah same here. Based on the use I would get out of any given gun, anything over about 1500 is rapidly diminishing returns for me functionally and idgaf about Gucci shit. Most expensive production gun rifle I would give a shit about would me a SCAR17.

This of course doesn't include glass/acc, rarities or historical items.

NFA items are a whole different animal, but it would also be a non-issue if the NFA weren't a think
>>
Eh, depends on what im expecting out of the gun.

The most i spent on a battle rifle is my m1a in sage chassis. Alot of money goes into that considering most of my .308 goes thru my Tikka.

Only found 1 load the m1a likes. And its with berger 168 hybrids, which are spendy and hard for me to find,so it doesnt get shot much.

Cant get smks or nosler ccs to shoot better than 1 moa.
>>
>>29735380
While I agree that just 200 dollars more would get you a much better quality rifle I feel that it is a bit of an unfair assumption given PSA has checked bolts and generally has an okay reputation for an AR. Pot metal doesn't make much sense given zinc alloy isn't used on uppers for any company I'm aware of.

Again, not saying that a PSA Freedom kit will out preform or out last an ultra gucci build but to say that it will be unreliable and trash doesn't speak to my or many other's experiences.
>>
>>29735368
Idk what Importation is like in swedeland but you would think importing one from the states would be a hell of a lot cheaper. Unless of course you have a shitload of fees after that
>>
>>29735384
You're wrong on both counts, unfortunately.

If I showed you or a random person a picture of a house with a zip code, you would need to do research in order to appraise it. There's a reason why real estate agents exist.

Adequation, meanwhile, can be used to describe both the act and the result.
>>
>>29735391
"Dope gets me through times with no money better than money gets me through times with no dope..."
>>
>>29735424
I didn't mean that it was trash. It's perfectly serviceable, as many firearms made of dubious metals can be. But it will obviously not offer the performance or reliability of other parts.

Obviously a $1200 upper doesn't make sense if it isn't mated to other parts that are of equal quality, and the overwhelming majority of people will never feel a difference between the $600 dollar and the $1200 item.
>>
File: 1430618632599.png (22 KB, 714x797) Image search: [Google]
1430618632599.png
22 KB, 714x797
>>29735434
Wrong country
>>
>>29735482
Apologies icebro, I assumed Krona, not króna
>>
File: 44 lc 40.jpg (118 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
44 lc 40.jpg
118 KB, 640x1136
>>29735541
no biggie
>>
File: Corona eww.jpg (90 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
Corona eww.jpg
90 KB, 960x639
>>29735541
Corona?
>>
>>29735597
Ill be honest, everything I know about Iceland, I learned from Jeremy Clarkson.
>>
I dunno, maybe 10k, but it'd have to be something pretty special.
>>
>>29735240
2,8 here in Germany
>>29735179
>I've never paid more than 1.5k for any gun I own
lel
t. European
>>
>>29735179
$1000
>>
File: VÍGALEG.jpg (130 KB, 639x472) Image search: [Google]
VÍGALEG.jpg
130 KB, 639x472
>>29735648
He's legit
What other country thinks 46" tires belong under a vitara?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.