[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is mandatory training/service with the military to be able to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: NowhereToHide.jpg (49 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
NowhereToHide.jpg
49 KB, 500x249
Is mandatory training/service with the military to be able to own a weapon a good comprimise on gun control for /k/? That's how Switzerland operates, sorta, and they have fantastic gun crime rates.
>>
>>29734735
why not?
>>
>>29734760
you shouldn't have to serve the government to have a constitutional right
>>
>>29734730
You can a buy a gun in Switzerland without doing military service mate
>>
>>29734783

Doesn't Switzerland restrict ammo heavily?
>>
>>29734730

hell fucking no
>>
File: 1427026035476.png (3 MB, 1200x5656) Image search: [Google]
1427026035476.png
3 MB, 1200x5656
>>29734783
Nope
>>
>>29734806
Tagged wrong post
meant you>>29734797
>>
Conscription a shit.

t. former conscript
>>
Look up Switzerland's race demographics.
>>
Daily reminder that based Switzerland does not allow certain minorities and peoples to purchase or otherwise obtain firearms. Largely Africans, Middle-Eastern and some Eastern Europeans.
>>
>>29734951
Huh 14% Non-European Swiss. About as bad as Sweden.
>>
>>29734968

A huge number of American expats live in Switzerland.
>>
>>29734730
>a good comprimise on gun control

There will never ever be a "good compromise" for disarming the general population, champ.
>>
>>29734994
You're confusing Expats with bankers, it is nothing to do with gun laws and such it is literally them keeping an eye on an investment on behalf of somebody else. Incase they need withdraw something, be it documents, reserves, cutting edge tech, trade secrets, they can have them out within moments.

It is one of the safest places in the world for that sort of shit. The Swiss law gives them a huge amount of privacy and confidentiality in reguards to finaces and private transactions.
>>
File: Waffenverordnung.png (17 KB, 677x387) Image search: [Google]
Waffenverordnung.png
17 KB, 677x387
>>29734952
>largely africans
stop spouting bullshit
>>
Only, and ONLY if the government didn't hold an enormous ammount of power and there was a strict neutrality clause.
>>
>>29735032
He's from pol. Don't even put fourth the effort, he'll just ignore you anyway.
>>
>>29735062
Well I am also a /Pol/ack still possible to check your facts
>>
>>29735032
There would be a shitstorm if they put it in an official capacity but, it's there. If they put Europeans and shit, nobody cares.

Think dude, would they really put in a policy that was openly racist?

>>29735062
I'm really not, it's there, think what you will.
>>
You already made this thread
>>
>>29735095
>I have no evidence: the blustering
>>
>>29734730
My version of "perfect" gun control?
>Shall-issue in every state for conceal carry
>Open carry legal in all states
>NFA opens up to allow full-autos and we do away with tax stamps
>State and federally sponsored training facilities for firearms handling
>Current level of background checks for FFA's
>No limit on personal transfers
>Felons are allowed to purchase whatever they want with predetermined waiting periods based on offenses
Also, why aren't felons allowed to own firearms? I thought the entire point of the prison system was to rehabilitate people - if you can't trust them with a firearm, then they're not rehabilitated, right?
>No limit on personal manufacture of firearms
>School rifle and heavy weapons teams open up, statewide and federal marksman competitions are the norm
>>
>>29735277
Fuck felons, any one who commits a crime with the involvement of a firearm (real or fake) forfeits their right to their protection.
>>
>>29735376
I wanna tell them to go fuck themselves as well, trust me. But the 2nd Amendment is pretty fuckin clear, and even though I'm uncomfortable as fuck with handing them a weapon, they're still citizens of the United States, and therefore protected under it's Constitution.
>>
>>29735376
>implying all felonies involve firearms.

If they've done their time they shouldn't have to live the rest of their lives without a means of protection.
>>
>>29734952
yeah, that list needs some serious updating (only in adding countrys though)
>>
>>29735376
>muh rights, shall not be infringed
>well okay maybe it's okay to infringe it A LITTLE but only when I don't like it!
>>
>>29735490
>>29735446
>>29735439

You bring up a good point. Though if they infringe on others rights to life and liberty, with repeat offendences?
>>
>>29735521
*Repeat offences.
>>
>>29734730
AM I BEING DETAINED
>>
>Q: If a person who is unable to complete a 4473 form because of illiteracy or a physical disability wishes to purchase a firearm, how may the transfer be legally completed? May an accompanying person complete the form for the purchaser?

>A: The buyer must personally complete Section A of the ATF Form 4473 and certify (sign) that the answers are true, correct and complete. However, if the buyer is unable to read and/or write, the answers (other than the signature) may be completed by another person, excluding the seller. Two persons (other than the seller or his employees) must then sign as witnesses to the buyer’s answers and signature. [Instructions on ATF F 4473, page 3, Question 1]

If this is the case then no wonder why there is such bullshit.

This shit needs to be illegal to do and if the person is unable to make a coherent sentence or perfect grammar then they should not be allowed to own guns if they have to rely on someone else to fill the form for them.

Just like people with autism they should not even be allowed to own guns because fuck that I will never trust a person with autism to be responsible with something that can kill a human being let alone if that disabled person gets angry because he didn't get his favorite little girl's show on the T.V.

When the fuck will we do away this fucking bullshit and make it where autistic people and the illiterate fucks from owning guns?
>>
>>29735521
In the ideal world, they'd be killed by lawful citizens. In a slightly more cruel reality, though, they'll probably wind up doing the same song and dance until they go to jail for extended periods (hopefully life) for the aforementioned offenses.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect system. But it's the one we've got, and the one we should at least try to adhere to.
>>
>>29734730
>Is the gov't taking over your life for a few years in exchange for allowing you to exercise a constitutionally guaranteed natural right a good compromise?

That's not a compromise and it's not good. Why do people even bother making threads like this?
>>
>>29734730
It constitutes a rite of passage and reinforce social cohesion in most cases.
However, it has close to no influence on how gun owners act afterwards, so it's a terrible form of gun control.
>>
>>29734730
would not work here in the USA, we don't have a gun problem we have a basketball american problem, while preventing tar babies from having guns might reduce the number of crimes committed with a gun it will also mean more crimes committed overall because spearchuckers will find a way to kill eachother and rob liqour stores without them. not that you could really get rid of the porch monkey's guns with legislation anyway none of the filthy coons get through legal means anyway
>>
>>29735585
?
Jail is a dogshit system
Either execute them or fine/public whipping/forced work for a period/etc
>>
>>29736066
Fuck that, put them to work or isocube them! I maintain that the criminal system should be to comfort and rehabilitate the victim not the criminal.
>>
SHER NERT BER ERNFRENGD
>>
>>29734730
A lot of the people who would need a firearm the most for self-defense (physically disabled) would be excluded using that criteria.

Just put safe firearms handling in the school curriculum.
>>
>>29734730
Great idea. What other rights shall we turn into privileges?
>>
File: 1427055849130.jpg (42 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1427055849130.jpg
42 KB, 700x525
>>29734730
Hate the idea of Conscription, but it's a fair Trade.

the big issue of Gun Control IMO are Semiautomatic weapons with detachable Magazine.

SKS in Clip form, or Tubular Magazine are reasonable for a Well Regulated Militia.
>>
>>29734765
/thread
>>
>>29734760
we're too fat to pass military fitness standards

we'd rather eat cheesepuffs and shitpost
>>
>>29735277
I've always thought that violent offenses (spousal abuse, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon) should result in a loss of being able to own a firearm but non violent offenses like tax evasion, shoplifting, insurance fraud etc, you should be able to after serving your debt to society
>>
>>29740850
You can't be serious. Also we're way past the time when it would've been possible to ban firearms with detachable mags
>>
>>29735558
Irony
>>
There is no good compromise
>>
>>29734765
> natural right

Fixed for you buddy.

Also Switzerland has less niggers noggin
>>
>>29734730
>compromise

No. Switzerland also doesn't have niggers and a drug war.
>>
File: swiss ease of purchase.jpg (3 MB, 4040x9930) Image search: [Google]
swiss ease of purchase.jpg
3 MB, 4040x9930
>>29734806
Not sure if this is a more up to date or older version, but I nabbed it from /k/ at some point.
>>
>>29735558
farmhand that lives down the road from me works on my cousin's hunting preserve

he has some kind of issue with speaking properly and didn't go to school long enough to learn to read & write.

but he won't fuck up with guns, he works with and around them all damn day.
>>
File: 986.gif (676 KB, 160x240) Image search: [Google]
986.gif
676 KB, 160x240
>>29734730
The only thing that should be denied to civilians is the Vote.
>Service Guarantees Citizenship
>>
>>29742846
>Being this unamerican

Get off of my /k/
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.