[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I find good cheap arrows that I can use in my 45 pound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Where can I find good cheap arrows that I can use in my 45 pound long bow? I don't want chinese crap and don't want to blow my wallet.
>>
>>29734397
>45 pound longbow

You're already using cheap shit.
>>
>>29734397
China. Dont be an idiot and just buy the cheapest ones. Do some research and find some quality ones but with the chinese discount.
>>
>>29734397
>He doesn't make his own arrows

YOU'RE NOT PREPARED!
>>
>>29734397
Blow some guys instead of your wallet and use them to buy you arrows on your shit stick
>>
>>29734397
Build your own, it's not hard, just tedious.
> i don wanna.
Alright, then you're probably gonna pay around 4-5$ an arrow for any decent results.
>>
>>29734437
Whats wrong with a 45 pound long-bow?
For hunting small game or target shooting, you dont need some 80 pounds shit.

I use a cheap 40 pounds recurve and it has lasted me for almost a decade hunting all the shit I want

Also;
>implying you can hit shit at the typcial engagement ranges of an 80 lbs bow
>>
>>29734397
Consider making your own out of PVC pipe or scrap wood.

Other than that, Amazon
>>
not really related but i made a bow the other day out of two fiberglass driveway markers and two shoestrings tied together for the string, wrapped that bitch string incredibly tightly around both ends and i can pierce my archery target with ease, i'd put it at a 55 pound draw weight, feels pretty secure too

these driveway markers are like $2.50 each too, so you could make it for $5 if you had some shoe string
>>
>>29734579
Thanks for the non-negatard answer. I am just looking for target practice on my spare time. What arrows do you suggest? No nock, nocked, spine weight and diameter?
>>
>>29734662

Definitely nocked. No matter for target practice or hunting.

If only for target practice, I would recommend simple cheapo 31", 6mm carbon-fiber arrows. I use spine of 800. They are good up to 60 lbs pull and have the advantage that they can withstand lots of abuse.

Quality wise, there's really literally no difference. Mine are all made in China and they lasted me for years until I really shot things that I shouldnt, such as a brick wall. Carbon fiber also has the advantage that it flexes a lot better and holds the straightness that wood cant. Wood arrows only know either totally straight, or totally broken. Dont let the traditionalist Larper-fags tell you otherwise.
>>
>>29734769
>6mm carbon-fiber arrows.
Right on man. You are a true bro.
>>
>>29734862
No problem. Just make sure that you also buy arrows with decent tips. The really really cheap shit arrows that you might get when buying sets of bow+arrows have shit tips that are hollow from within. Anything harder than foam will bend them inwards. But that's not an issue with arrows that you buy seperately. If there's info about the weight of the tips, you buy the ones that seem heavier.

Also buy arrows with softer fletching. If they are too hard, they might strike too hard against whatever you might use as arrow-rest and affect the trajectory.
>>
>>29735005
Any suggested sites from someone who has experience? I don't have any archery shops in my area?
>>
>>29734579
>he thinks 80 is a massive draw weight

Longbows start at 120 pound, anything else is a glorified bit of driftwood with string attached.
>>
>>29734656
They make good crossbow bolts too.
>>
So when it comes to getting a beginner recurve bow, just get a 45lb Samick Sage right? I hear a lot of people recommend this as a good beginner recurve but wanted to make sure it's not just fuddlore or memery or whatever you wanna call it.
>>
>>29735199
Honestly, Just make them out of 5/16" dowels from Home Depot. One 48" dowel costs $0.88.

You can use duct tape if you cannot obtain turkey feathers and make fletching like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaacybnZHLo

Either buy field tips from amazon on the cheap or if you are using styrofoam targets, you can get away with 5/16" screw steel caps and just screw them on. Seal them afterward in clearcoat polyurethane and you're done.

A Chinese set of 6 arrows with broad heads costs about 32 dollars from amazon while you can make roughly 3 times as much for the same price.

The only draw back is that the dowls can be warp easily with 50+# bows. At 45# you should get tons of mileage out of them. More bang for your buck, mayne.
>>
OP I use Lancaster Archery and fletch my own using their products. Check them out.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/arrows/arrow-shafts/traditional-shafts.html
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.