[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: banner_military2.gif (70 KB, 709x516) Image search: [Google]
banner_military2.gif
70 KB, 709x516
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Nuke is a meme meme edition
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Trying to reclass as 25B
Does anyone know if I will come out of AIT with any worthwhile certifications?
>>
If my DAR doesn't go through, I'm gonna train myself so hard and go SEAL.
>>
how do i talk to a recruiter?
do i just walt in to the office and demand a contract or must i make an appointment?
>>
>>29733951
You can take the non autistic route and just walk in and casually ask about taking a practice asvab and seeing what might be available to you.
>>
>>29733977
but i know what i want and my life coach said i need to be direct and assertive.
>>
How does keeping funs in the military work?
More specifically, can I keep a fun in Nuke school/Prototype or should I sell/store it?
>>
how does paying bills durring training work?
lets say i was in sf training, how do i pay my bills?
>>
>>29734055
I don't believe you're allowed to have it there so just leave it with family or in storage
>>
Got sworn in as a Navy CTN, but I only ever get mixed stories about where I'll end up as a CTN from people who aren't CTNs at all and more or less talk out their ass. Anyone got actual CTN knowledge here?
>>
>>29733470
going to talk to air force about joining as officer to do combat rescue. is possible to get a contract?
>>
File: RctVEeU.jpg (38 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
RctVEeU.jpg
38 KB, 400x320
>>29733470
Pros/Cons of each branch? and their MOS'?
Talked to an army recruiter, nothing official yet but I'm trying to figure out what branch.
Also, getting my 4 year degree soon. Would it be retarded to join if I had a degree?
>>
>>29734265
It would be retarded to enlist when you could be an officer
>>
>>29734265
As enlisted absolutely get that ba and commission
>>
File: 1457620574135.jpg (110 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1457620574135.jpg
110 KB, 533x800
>>29734295
>>29734290
I do plan on finishing my degree. (Eviro Science, Geophysics focus). I want to enlist for a few reasons, but mainly because I'm seeking a challenge, something out of the ordinary that would challenge me. Am I being dumb or is this a good reason?
>>
>>29734332
Good enough reason as any. Just be aware that it'll be a waste of your degree until you get out, and your pay will be significantly less. You have to think hard about it because you don't want to be a year into your term and realize you made a huge mistake not being an officer
>>
>>29733470
here's what happened
>got my waiver
>go in today to get my ASVAB+MEPS scheduled
>tell them that i want 35M, what about DLAB
>recruiter checks to see if its available
>no, let me call around and see if anyone else has it
>no, many haven't seen it for a month or two
>what's your second choice?
>35F
>none available, call around, nobody else has it
>..3rd choice?
>35N
>yes, its available with a nice bonus
>reserve it, going to take ASVAB Wednesday, MEPS Thursday

a few questions. recruiter said that i CAN check at MEPS to see if Mike is there, but i won't be able to lock it in without DLAB. also, just for checking another job, it cancels my reservation and bonus. wtf kind of gamble is that?
second, is NovemberRain around? my recruiter warned me that AIT is crazy hard. very high washout rate. what's so hard about it? what kind of deployments or jobs are to be expected? if you could go back, would you make the same decision? any experience with SOT-A?

I have more, but this is a lot
>>
File: 1450951089671.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450951089671.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>29734401
well yeah
>im finishing my degree
but idk, I'm getting increasingly fed up with my current situation, and there's always the 3x5 contract...
>>
>>29734540
Score high enough on your asvab and demand the contract you want. Even if it's not "available" they can make it available if you stand your ground.
>>
Got my orders this morning, going to Ft Carson, Colorado. Going to be fucking sickkkk.
>>
>>29734332
fuck is that muzzle device?
>>
>>29734002
If you want anyone to take you seriously, never mention "your life coach".
>>
File: Clarkson.jpg (38 KB, 634x354) Image search: [Google]
Clarkson.jpg
38 KB, 634x354
Going to be joining the USAF, Security Forces soon.
>>
>>29734761
??? im guessing for training exercises.
>>
>>29734739
they made it seem like without DLAB you can't even ask for that job. its weird, because 35P requires DLAB, only if your ST line score is under 112. wtf? language is their entire job. you'd think if 35M got the same line score, they'd waive DLAB as well
>>
>>29734847
I heard about it I think, Ibelieve it shoots a laser that will set off the devices all over the guy's kit, it's for training.
>>
>>29734782
There is literally nothing wrong with having a life coach
>>
>>29734893
Everything is wrong with it, you broadcast that life is so hard and you so utterly useless that you do not know how to live a life without help and assistance.
>>
>>29734833
join the AF swat team faggot
>>
>>29734002

>my life coach
>>
>>29734833

Work out as much as you can, study the general orders (Security Forces has an updated, shorter set of three that encompass the main points of the universal general orders), and see if you can learn how to diss/ass an AR15 prior to shipping.

The field gets a lot of shit, but a lot of people have the misconception that it's the same as Military Police. Remember that the AF does not have infantry or ground forces, so your job will be everything from making arrests on base to responding to armed threats when deployed.

It's a great field you can get a LOT of out training wise, but don't be one of the people that tries to start shit with 11x guys and 03 marines. No matter what you do, you'll catch shit from the keyboard warriors.

Just give it your 110 percent and let your work speak for itself. Also do everything in your power NOT to hump the 249 in Georgia.
>>
>>29734946

*EST

And it's not available everywhere. If he's reserves or guard he'll only get it as an Active Guard or Reserve Technician and even then the job will be filled indefinitely. Also, you will have to work a lot more with civilian contractors, and nobody wants that.

If you want to actually do your job, take deployment opportunities. A lot of my friends ended up hanging with the Australian AF's dedicated Airfield Security guys. EST is great, but your job is much, much more limited to law enforcement. If that's what you're in it for, that's awesome, but from what I have seen and heard from the emergency services team guys, the job is not what most people assume it to be.
>>
>>29735028
Awesome. Basically doing all that already, ARs are a shit, I want to take my .308 battle rifle and slot floppies. But alas.

Anything else you can tell me about it? Career options during your service? Right now my eye is on working with dogs, have some small amount of experience back in the UK having raised a few dogs and shit, but nothing serious.

Also, why not Georgia?

Tell me moar!
>>
>>29734602

It is really a harder choice than some people who are still in may think. I understand how some kids may feel due to all the media these days that romanticize being enlisted, not wanting to miss out on all the retarded shenanigans that people talk about.

Being enlisted and doing shit work like cleaning up hangover diarrhea then having to go do your real job made me who I am today, but still, it is pretty stupid to give up the opportunity to be an officer if it is available to you.
>>
>>29735065

I'm not really here to talk about myself, just to answer basic questions from people that are ready to make a big commitment.

Your experience with dogs will be accounted for, but you won't have that opportunity until the three year mark of your career. In security forces, you serve as a trooper for three years regardless.

At that point in time, you have the option to retrain into a specialized branch of the 3P0 field. For 3P0X1A (MWD handler) you head back to Lackland to train for I think about six months on a separate facility from the BMT areas.

For 3P0X1B, combat arms, you go to Georgia where you would have done your initial tech school and learn how to maintain/operate/teach others to use every small arm the USAF employs. That job is armorer/combat instructor in one.

If you stay on as a trooper, you can try out for Phoenix Raven, who go around the world protecting diplomats, foreign dignitaries, top secret aircraft, and the like.

Also, Georgia is very, very hot. Muggy and buggy.

If you're the poor doolie carrying the SAW, you'll likely end up hating that fact around 2AM on your second night doing training raids on each other. You'll be tired, sore, and have to respond to the threat the same as everyone else, just with a giant ass rattling belt-fed monstrosity that hates you as much as you hate her.

In any case, your best bet would be to look to Facebook and jump into a USAF security forces group. If your recruiter was a maintainer or a doc, he won't know diddly dick about much of anything. Ask people who you can see are clearly in the career field, they will more than likely be very happy to help.
>>
>>29735089
I'm just tired. Uni is no longer as satisfying as I thought, I've been busting my ass over work and I'm trying to justify my being in school to myself all the time. The degree seems so far away, and I'm losing momentum fast.
If I went military, I feel like the hard work and the commitment would get me motivated to continue. Would reserves be better? Or full time enlistment?
>>
>>29735188
In in Houston, Britbong too. So the weather won't get me too bad, it's muggy as shit in summer.

I've never heard of Phoenix Raven, is there a lot of competition for selection?

3P0X1B sounds pretty badass.

Appreciate it m80.

Any other general tips and advice for when you get in?

I want to ask about the uniforms, your dress uniform, what is the general ruling for wearing them to weddings or formal/special occasions outside of the military?
>>
>>29735249

Yeah... reserve or guard would be the best choice to satiate your fantasies. If you drop out and go active enlisted I guarantee you will regret it.

Unless you have a retard job it is practically impossible to go to school while you're in; you have to go to an online school and hope their accreditation doesn't get pulled before you transfer the units to the university you want to graduate from... and in your case you probably only have upper division stuff left, so who knows whether they'd even transfer.
>>
>>29734002
Have your life coach come into the recruitment office
>and sit on his fucking dick and spin you waste of space
>>
How do I go about updating my reenlistment code from 3 to 1? I understand that I could just get a waiver but I believe that waiver would only let me reenlist into the branch I left.
>>
>>29734929
i know how to live, the coach is there to maximize my potential.
you know, like how mma fighters have coaches.
>>
>>29734540
if i go 35N, how does one get into a tactical unit? PT? top of your AIT class? if i go airborne from AIT, that affects the cool guy schools i can go to, correct? i know a former 35P and they said if you go airborne in MI, you're afforded less opportunities in school, but much more opportunities in deployment
>>
I'm shipping out next week for basic at Benning, and then 28 weeks of AIT fun at Gordon. I have never been south of Maryland in my life and I sweat like a pig, how much is this going to suck?
>>
File: 1460950183725.jpg (46 KB, 680x445) Image search: [Google]
1460950183725.jpg
46 KB, 680x445
>>29735468
dude shut up about your faggot life coach, you knew you'd derail the thread when you first posted it.
>>
>>29735472
holy shit, you're in for a fun time. enjoy 95°+ and 100% humidity
>>
>>29735468
It's life, not MMA fighting, we have done it since we left the caves. Had we people like you everywhere we might still be there. You have no willpower or inner strength, you are unable to take charge of your life as you need another to tell you.

You are the worst person to be placed above anybody as you can not deal with autonomy or authority. You must be instructed in detail on what and how to do.

No doubt when things to do not go your way, your immediate response is "My life coach told me to".
>>
>>29735498
Yeah, that's about what I figured. I've gotten answers elsewhere ranging from "hell on earth" to "it's really not that bad, people exaggerate the heat and humidity." The latter was some jackass from Savannah, so I sort of figured it was bs.
>>
>>29735501
i can live my life just fine but i can do better with the guidance and advice of a third party.

my life coach isn't telling me how to live my life but how to maximize my potential.
sort of like a business advisor but for life.
>>
>>29735570
go talk to /rk9/ about it, faggot
>>29735534
it's ungodly hot and humid in Georgia in July and August
>t. lived in Georgia
>>
>>29735570
Jesus, I can not stop laughing. How much does this life coach charge you? Does he charge per tip or bit of advice or is there a daily fee or monthly contract? Do you get a refund if your life stays shit?
>>
>>29735616

Not that anon, but I'm wondering why you care so much about what other people do with their money.
>>
>>29735616
my coach is free and available to all, 24/7.
his name is J.con, maybe you've heard of him.
>>
>>29734130
I do.
>>
>>29734265
All branches suck. Its what you do with your downtime that matters.

No matter who you are you're going to be waist deep in the suck for the first 4 years.
>>
>>29733860

You may get the chance to test for some CompTIA certs. If you're a good 25B you will probably be able to score A+/Net+/Sec+ and a few others during your first enlistment.
>>
>>29734130

You're going to go computer security shit. Either somewhat routine computer security shit that carries over into SOC work, or cooler less-routine security shit that makes you very specialized.

Either way you're pretty much set for a six figure job if you git gud.
>>
>>29734265
Joining the military after you got your degree is like joining Mcdonalds. That is unless you got a worthwhile degree in something of course
>>
>>29734540
>>29735469

35N is a great MOS. If you want to be tactical definitely push for airborne. If you want to do strat, don't bother.

If you make it a career you will see both sides.
>>
>>29735912

Your daily reminder that officers get compensated more than the majority of people with college degrees.

Pretty much only some STEM fields will reliably out-earn military officers once you consider all the bennies.
>>
>>29735912

Most STEM folks are lucky to get paid over 100k a year

Just do what you want senpai because unless you own things or have dosh invested you'll be a slave for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29735953

Ah, the good ol "all officers rate bah/s" meme.
>>
>>29735953
... Ehhhh you dont get compensated well until you are a senior officer. Which basically means you dedicated your entire existence to the cause. Junior officers make 30-40k/yr tops.
>>
Going to talk to a navy recruiter soon for enlisted, can anyone give me any tips? What jobs should I go for?
>>
>>29736086
Anything with technology. Radar, Comms, navigation systems, etc etc
>>
Shipping out for navy ocs in a month. Got into the nuke program, am I fucked?
>>
>>29736082

He is making the argument that all officers get bah and you can throw ~20k onto their base pay, which of course isn't true.

I'm sure he is the same guy who shitposts the same info in each meg.

>>29736038

>Most STEM folks are lucky to get paid over 100k a year

What do you mean by this statement?
>>
>>29736082
>senior officer
That takes maybe 4 years to get O-3 plus the quality of living and type of work is so much better so if you could do it why wouldnt you?
>>29736086
What are your interests? Navy vet here i can point you in the right direction but what are your criteria?
>>29736119
No, lots of work but worth it
>>
>>29736131

100k a year is a good amount for building a life with a wife and family. Most STEM folks never make it to that income ceiling.
>>
>>29733470
Fun fact: if a MOS that you want is unavailable, quotas reset at the start of every fiscal year, which is Oct 1st. It's a bit of a wait from here, but it's still worth knowing.

Source:used to be a recruiter
>>
>teenagers dickwaving over who will possibly have a better job
>teenage kids climbing over dick mountains desperate to be some shitty intel job because "Le Ess Eff!!"
>teenage babbies clamoring to shove every veiny pulsating dick in their orafaces so they can post milcuck memes with feeling

ride a dick right up my asshole ya fucking nerds
>>
>>29736153
The MOS I wanted (25N) wasn't available when I went to reserve it before heading to MEPS. Then I get there and sit down with the liaison and I got it with a shorter contract than what I expected, and a decent signing bonus.
>>
>>29736167
o-ok
>>
File: 1430772768930.jpg (91 KB, 553x841) Image search: [Google]
1430772768930.jpg
91 KB, 553x841
>>29736167
>Now this is shitposting!
>>
>>29736109
This is somewhat decent advice, but take it with a grain of salt. The military is weird in how people are trained. Some jobs will train you up to civilian certification standards, others will train you up on a curriculum written by some random enlisted staff because they only want to teach you the absolutely most relevant topics to the military and put you to work. If/when you get out, you may be in for a surprise when no one hires you because while it's great you have 4 years experience, you also have no way of actually proving your technical skills to your retarded hiring manager. So do research carefuly and determine if you need to also take a few classes on the side while in, or do 4 years of school for that degree+experience combo to make yourself marketable.
>>
>>29736141
Mainly I want to travel and be on a ship, like typical "sailor" stuff. I've heard that engineers sometimes don't see the sun for months on end, so that's out of the picture. Best case scenario would be something in technology, radar, or surface warfare
>>
>>29736180
Someone else may have initially had it, but then got disqualified for whatever reason, and that slot opened back up. That, or your recruiter was lazy and didn't feel like making a phone call up to the monitor and told you old info.
>>
>>29736153

Yeah... this isn't true. The availability of jobs is based on manning.

Did you only feed people into the shit jobs? You don't know anything about the 130s?
>>
>>29733470
>That picture
>The only officer there is white

I wonder what they meant by this :^)
>>
>>29736237
Well what did you get on your asvab? If you want to work on stuff go FC but i was an OS and i loved it. Easily one of the top 3 rates on a ship that actually does cool stuff. The other 2 i would say are great choices are CT(R)(T) either one but R is better and QM is easy or IT is pretty gud.
>>
>>29736260
Overall, yes, boat spaces that are allocated for the year are based on manpower requirements and the number of slots fluctuates between years, but you're not going to just get a handful of random high demand MOS spots thrown into your lap in June because "lol we need more people right now"
>>
>>29736151

Since most stem people never crack 80k your last post makes me think that you don't really have a grasp of the value of money and you just pulled a number that sounds good out of your ass.
>>
>>29736214
>>29736211
>recruits

yeah well fuck you kid have fun being a wagie wannabe "Delta" paper pusher during peace time.

maybe in 20 years you can tell tales about that one you heard a gunshot in kuwait while crying into your beer and losing sphincter control.
>>
Question: if I took a re-up bonus for intelligence and tried to reclass as SOF, would that be allowed or would they block me from trying to move laterally?
>>
>>29735410
Bump
>>
>>29736296

Depends on what you refer to as random. A bunch of people decide that being a Marine radar tech is a shit life and decide to get out, now we need more to fill out the macs.

Maybe things are different from when I was in around 2003, but I doubt it.
>>
>>29736272
>whites think they're big man working long hours as an officer when Sgt Gomez is showing their wives what a real mexican dicking is like

cuckmanding officers am I right? :^)
>>
>>29735938
i'm going to sign up for 4, don't know about the career part yet. how well does it transfer to civilian world? I'm assuming NSA is one of the big ones people migrate towards when they get out
whats the major difference between the tactical and strategic sides? do you get any say as to where they'll put you?
>>
>>29736082

>Junior officers make 30-40k/yr tops.

65k civilian equivalent is like bare minimum once you consider all the benefits. Pretty much every officer draws BAH now.
>>
>>29736341
And now we're on a manpower/career monitor topic. People don't just get out suddenly, this is why once you are within 9-12 months of EASing, people start calling you into their office to ask you what your plan is. Manning is planned out specifically to avoid sudden shortfalls, and if there are inevitable shortfalls, that's when dem sweet bonuses and quick promotion rates start rolling out.
>>
>>29736131

Never met an officer yet who was forced into BOQs outside of training. It just doesn't happen in modern times.
>>
>>29736310

Depends what SOF. Usually you can drop a packet.
>>
>>29736398

Back then you could still reenlist at three months and do taps in one day. There were no bonus multiples for even the tech jobs, they were just doing $5000 for everybody if there was a bonus at all because everybody was reenlisting.

It is funny, when I was in they were offering me 5k but now they are trying to give kids like 30 and people are still getting out. My old tech school has to put people in mat status for months because they don't have enough people to start classes.
>>
>>29736376

You don't really get a say. Strat life is as close to being a civilian you will get while in the Army. Tactical life is more standard Army life with some intel flavor.
>>
>>29736406

You didn't know what a boq was until I mentioned it a couple threads ago and, I assume, you googled it. You never have anything to talk about but les material... have you even served?
>>
>>29736445
any SOT-A/B info? they probably don't take E1/2s fresh out of school for that shit. i do want a taste of "real army life", but I'm not going to hold my breath for any patrols or kicking doors.
i'm the guy that was going for 35M but settled for 35N because it was my third choice, the bonus is nice, and i ship out 05/23
>>
>>29736476
On the contrary, right out of school is one of the best times to score SOT-A.
>>
>>29736444
Nowadays, you still can, but everyone involved in the admin behind the scenes stuff will hate you. One guy i worked with kept putting in extensions for 3 months before he actually made up his mind and reenlisted. 1stSgt's and monitors will know you by name and have you on speed dial and keep trying to guilt you into making a decision, because god forbid they not account for each and every warm body in the force and not be able to plan for 3 years out.
>>
>>29736525
i don't have airborne in my contract, can i count on liaisons being at AIT that i could sign up with? i know there's a ranger liaison at Huachuca, just wondering if that's for all tech schools. i'd be going to Goodfellow
>>
>>29736575

They'll talk to you near the end of AIT, assuming your grades and PT are solid.
>>
>>29736635
thanks for the info, man. maybe I'll see you around
>>
>>29736529

I was one of those people that was hated. I was waiting for word on whether I could go mecep, had like six meetings with my career counselor.

When my package got turned down and I told them I was getting out suddenly I was the weekend duty nco every month and I was switched to night shift, which was a 10-14 hour shift.

It is like the retards thought I was being malicious. I'll always be sour on the marine corps due to the experience of my last year.

Which branch are you a recruiter for? I'm going air guard officer and I have been having issues getting a copy of my vmet.
>>
>>29736411

CCT.
>>
Somehow got waived for domestic violence edition

I fucking made it, shipping off in August to Fort Bennington
/k/ told me for years I was fucked, but I still got in
Good luck to any anons needing a waiver, remember nothing is impossible
>>
>>29737000
Fort Benning
Posting mobile blows
>>
how difficult is the algebra for the asvab? is it retard tier math or will i have to study up?
>>
>>29736310
intel isn't needed, spec ops is higher in demand. Go take the PAST and find out if you can actually swim or just claim you can
>>
>>29737053

I can do everything PT wise above and beyond... except fucking swim well.

>tfw stereotypical
>>
>>29737031
Retard tier imo, I'm not an intelligent asshole by any means but I still have a 90 AFQT, and an 81 Mathematics skills
>>
>>29737086
go EOD, they don't even need to take the PAST anymore
>>
>>29737107

I'd rather shoot at and be shot at than do EOD.
>>
>>29737031
can you balance equations and solve for x? can you find lowest common denominator for fractions and then proceed to add them? if so, easy.

>>29737124
TACP doesn't need to swim to qualify
>>
>>29737135

Yes, but they don't do as much cool guy stuff. I'd rather just suck it up and learn to swim.
>>
>>29737031
Retard tier, the only thing you might need to look up if you don't remember are formulas for finding areas of circles and shit like that
>>
>>29737150
do it fgt, I'm like 98% sure whatever base you're at has a pool
>>
File: 1399969638627.jpg (104 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1399969638627.jpg
104 KB, 640x640
>>29737102
>>29737135
>>29737159

thanks lads
>>
>>29737179

Good deal. If you see a quadroon with water wings swimming in the pool you'll know it's me training for CCT.
>>
>>29737200
I'll be waiting. I'll be in NC playing opfor for your exercises that help decide if you get the beret or not.
>>
File: ....jpg (87 KB, 1080x1676) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
87 KB, 1080x1676
>>29737212

It's on.
>>
Fuck, /meg/.
99 on the ASVAB...
... Can't get a clearance.
The MOS options available are terrible.
Cook, Chemical, Driver.
How can I squeeze an infantry contract out of them? If I can't do intelligence, I want infantry or something close.
Any ways to get one?
>>
File: buhgak.png (279 KB, 1243x493) Image search: [Google]
buhgak.png
279 KB, 1243x493
>>29737227
>>
>>29736082

O1 base pay with no TIS is $36k~, not counting BAH/BAS, health insurance, or any of the more tangential benefits. That stuff easily adds another 20-30 grand a year in equivalent civilian compensation, depending on where you are.

Go ahead and ask any officer who has tried to convert over to the civilian pay scale. "Oh fuck, I need to go GS-13 to even live like I did as an O3".

I was making 87,000~ on the paychecks as a 26 year old, and living better than my civilian buddies who were pulling upper 90s (tax advantages). No way in fuck I could have made that much with my degree on the outside.
>>
one of the earlier posts mentioned AF security forces, saw a video on youtube mentioning they could go to ranger school, any truth to that? also is Raven program any good?
>>
>>29737353

Any AF can go to Ranger school, there are six slots in every class reserved for air force. Full disclosure, they also have a sniper school for SF that's only three weeks, focus on counter-sniping.

Honestly wouldn't recommend security forces.
>>
>>29737234
Tell them you won't sign up unless you get infantry. Stand your ground and they will magically find a slot for you
>>
How easy is it to get in to West Point as an enlisted soldier?

Little backstory:
>did two semesters (summer/fall) at a state college in Florida, one of ROTC
>dropped out cause bad grades/boredom
>enlisted as an 11X with Option 40
>I ship in under a week

I want/need to go back to school, and wouldn't mind becoming an officer.

If I do go to West Point, will I still be able to keep my GI bill for my kids?
>>
>>29737274
Be glad you don't have kids.

I'm just a SSG, but there's no way I can get out and find a job with the same overall benefits package as a civilian. My LES says I only make around 5500 a month, but with a wife and a kid I'd be taking a cut at anything less than a $80,000 salary. Health insurance ain't cheap.
>>
>>29737234
Don't listen to those fucks, there's 248~ infantry slots open right now in my recruiting region alone
Infantry or bust, hold your ground
>>
>>29737413
I assume you're going into a reserve component? I know West Point has x amount of slots set aside for Reservists/Guardsmen, but if you had bad grades at your last school, that is not going to work to your advantage. The Academy has pretty high standards. If it doesn't work out, don't do ROTC. If you decide to commission, OCS is the way to go
>>
>>29737413

You still earn the GI Bill as an officer.

You have to be young and have no dependents to go to West Point though. Sounds like it might be too late for you.
>>
>>29737512
You can apply to USMA as active duty. They even reserve slots for it. It's just pretty rare.
>>
>>29736300

No need for hostility bro.

>u just pulled that number out of your ass

Yeah so what are you gonna do about it
>>
Going to MEPS, I've had baseball finger in my ring finger since I was a little kid, I didn't even remember it until I was scheduled for MEPS, recruiters advised not mentioning a finger being dislocated the slightest bit
It's mild baseball finger, not noticeable unless searching for it. I have full motion of all fingers
My question is, is it actually going to be noticed? Or will the inspectors be caring more about full motion?
>>
>>29737031

Basic algebra and basic geometry, brother.
>>
I've decided I want to try to get into OCS.

Army or Marine Corps?

What is the best possible MOS for me to take if I want to eventually work in Federal law enforcement?
>>
>>29736758
Sorry for the late response, muhreen recruiter, or at least I was from 06-09. And yeah, that reaction doesn't surprise me. Manpower is one of those things people lose their minds over; I'd put it up there with drill and PME in terms of seriousness in the minds of your heavy muhreen koolaid drinkers. If it makes you feel any better, recruiters catch an obscene amount of shit for not making quota at the end of the month. I used to get called up and yelled at by my Major fairly regularly. Guess I should've just gone MSG....
>>
>>29737650
>baseball finger
what is that? And no they wont notice
>>
I'm about to graduate college. I want to join the military but don't really have the grades to be an Officer.
I was thinking about enlisting in active for a few years (going in as an E-4?) and then doing national guard where I will then put in an officer packet.

You guys have any advice? Suggestions?

I'm thinking about becoming a 13F in active. I don't really care what I get in the Guard as long as it doesn't suck to much ass and I can be an officer.
>>
>>29737822
Army OSC is unpleasant and is kinda hard.
In Marine OSC you will get your shit pushed in like you wouldn't believe.

If you can hack Marine OCS all the power to ya.

I would become an MP or MI.
>>
>>29737829
MSG wasn't that fun broseph. My back, knees and feet are still fucked and i'm still having trouble sleeping reliably 5 years later. It was also right about when females starting coming in so all the parties you heard about kinda died off. working every day for 3 months straight with 1 day off you had to use to come in and do collateral duty work wasn't very fun either. allot of good guys i knew just got fed up with the muhreens and got out because of MSG.

i may still go back and be a detachment commander because i'm fucking retarded and never learn a lesson. Also the devil you know

couldn't do recruiting as i'm fuck with paperwork
>>
>>29737833
The very top of my left ring finger points downward a little bit from stubbing it in an old sports injury
It's also called mallet finger, but I really don't want to be disqualified for lying on paperwork over something so menial
>>
>>29737512
>>29737575
I'm going active duty, and I know the requirements are somewhat lower for prior enlisted, and if certain test scores aren't great they can send you to a prep school.

>>29737521
The age part is my only real worry. I started college early, won't turn 19 until I'm halfway through basic, and I browse /k/, so the dependent thing won't be an issue. I know you need some sort of recommendation from your BC, basically saying "I don't need you but you're OK at your job". I'm not sure how expendable I'll be if I actually make it through RASP. Or how keen infantry officers will be to throw away grunts if I don't.
>>
>>29737859
you can do rotc while getting a masters iirc
>>
>>29737913
bro...thats literally nothing youll be perfectly fine
>>
>>29737413
>>29737521
>>29737512
>>29737575
Also forgot to mention: I'm from Florida, I'm short, and my APFT is ok. Great runner, OK with push ups, mediocre at sit ups. Haven't worked out much since I dropped out of college. How fucked am I gonna be at RASP in the Georgia winter?
>>
>>29737822

Cyber would be best to get you a job at the FBI, but good luck competing for a CY slot out of OCS.

MI or MP would be alright, especially if you can get into CI/CID.
>>
>>29737983
Okay, good, I just don't want to be in shit over such meticulous detail
Thanks anon
>>
>>29737469
What region are you?
>>
>>29737888
I uh, I used to sell MSG as an awesome opportunity to travel the world and have a lot of fun......lol I wonder how many dudes I enlisted went MSG and hate me now?

Anyways, where did you end up going? As I understand, you get 1 badass first world station and 1 shitty third world hellhole station, is that somewhat how it works?
>>
>>29738154
Cleveland, Ohio senpai, and I'm the guy that was waived for DV, I doubt you can't get clearance for anything
>>
>>29738169
i doubt many remember you but i had already been in for an enlistment before i went.

i went to serbia, panama and sri lanka with panama being my badass or moonlight post. the other issue was a severe shortage in manpower because from 2008 to 2012 they were turning male watchstanders away in hopes of getting more females. I know i'll get shit for it but females really did fuck a lot of shit up

where did you recruit out of?
>>
>>29738345
Laredo, Texas. Only good thing about that area is cheap cost of living and bomb ass mexican food. San Antonio was fun when I'd drive up for non work related issues. As annoying as people from texas are, I can see why they never shut up about their state. As long as you stay out of the valley down south, it's a good time.
>>
>>29737234
Refuse to sign unless you get an 11x. Shouldn't take much with those scores.
>>
>>29735808
Yeah but my main concern is will I graduate AIT with atleast one cert? That would be really great to help me get an entry level position some where.
>>
>>29737031
The word problems can be kinda tricky, but its all highschool level math and geometry. ASVAB is really easy if you did well in English and Math in school.
>>
One more fucking day on Sandhill -.-

Colorado here I come..
>>
>>29737234
My advice is don't sign ANYTHING until your options improve. Those are all shitty MOS and should be avoided. Just tell your recruiter you are set on doing intelligence. Don't join infantry. Just....don't do it.
>>
>>29737829

That is what I figured. No offense, but I really didn't care about what happened to my counselor.

The Marine Corps not treating their techs right is the reason why they are having so many issues these days. Nobody wants to work 12 on and off for five years and deal with cutting scores in the 1900s or lockouts as well as shitty multiples... they'd rather get out and work for Lockheed at around $70k.
>>
>>29738659
You guard? Yeah, you can test for a CompTIA cert in AIT if you're good enough.
>>
>>29738939
I heard people say CompTIA testing is relatively easy though
>>
>>29735469
Tactical 35N is basically an oxymoron. You will be a desk jockey.

>>29736082
You're wrong.

>>29736406
Out of 5 duty stations, the only one I've seen with a BOQ was in Korea. It was full, and the majority of people lived off post instead.
>>
>>29733860
That picture is fucking horrifying.
>brawn of a Krogan
>brain of a human
Unstoppable
>>
>>29739094
They will be the new rulers of the universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
>>29738727
But then he won't get this.

Go Infantry, hope we fight some terrorists, get a CIB
>>
>>29738623
>>29738263
There were 60 11x spots available in my region (AZ/NM) last week.
A few days later, there were about thirty.
Today there were none. Where will they be able to pull one from? Another region? I dont want to delay my ship date out too far.
>>
>>29739149
Shit man, I'd just flat out tell them you won't enlist without 11x in your contract
If you were in my region you'd be fucking good to go, that sucks
Maybe
>>
>>29739193
Well my post got cut
Maybe you can ask them to call their superiors or see if you can pull from another region like you said, but I'm not certain how that works even in theory
>>
File: 20160210_152441.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
20160210_152441.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
WELCOME TO FORT HOOD I'LL BE YOUR NEW BARRACKS ROOM!
>>
>>29739221
CANT WAKE UP
>>
File: 1461093812200.jpg (219 KB, 650x1166) Image search: [Google]
1461093812200.jpg
219 KB, 650x1166
What are some things that will prevent me from getting a security clearance?

If I was investigated (was only interviewed once and never arrested) for a crime but it was dropped for lack of evidence can that fuck me over?
>>
>>29739221
KEK
nice mate
>>
>>29739253
Unless you were convicted, I wouldn't' worry about it.
>>
>>29739267
What about a really high end security clearance?
>>
File: 20160210_161630.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
20160210_161630.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
>>29739242
OF COURSE NOT PRIVATE ANON, YOU'LL GET THE BEST SLEEP YOU EVER HAD RIGHT HERE!
>>
>>29734833
>he fell for the sf meme

Btw when you get to the 344 TRS, know that sgt moss is a bitch and that aircrew has every goddamn reason to give you guys shit

>>29734002
>>29734893
>>29735468
>>29735570
Kys

>>29737353
>sf
>ever

STOP
>>
>>29739149
Just tell them you want 11x and won't sign for anything else. They will get you a slot, don't worry
>>
>>29739278
Do you have good credit
Other than a bad criminal record, thats the only other I thing I can think of that will bar your from getting Top Secret.
>>
Yep. Perfect credit.

So if I was investigated but never brought up on charges I'm good right? Will they know about it?
>>
>>29738965

Security+ is the only difficult one, you're tested on basically the first two years of an IT undergrad program.
>>
>>29739445
Sweet
>>
Does anyone know or recommend going in as a intelligence officer and volunteer to be in a sub or is it better to be assigned to a ship?
>>
>>29739072
tell me more about 35N since November rain is dead or something
>>
>>29734746
mos?
>>
>>29739572
>intelligence officer
That field is great and sub or ship is all relative man. Chain of command is way more important.
>>
How does one become a helicopter door gunner?
>>
>>29739825
being good at your job as a helicopter mechanic
>>
>>29739580
Not sure what you're looking to find out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signals_intelligence
>>
>>29739304
Do you know how that is possible? They don't have the power to magically create slots. They can make a call, and one time in a million someone above them can "create" a slot.
>>
>>29735647
>>29735570
i feel as though you didn't get the joke.

my life coach is jesus, like Jesus Christ of nazareth.

do you get it now?
i'm not stupid or pathetic, just religious.
>>
>>29733470
Gonna call Army recruiter and make appointment for Saturday if he's around, interested in 68W, anyone else going for this/recently do AIT for 68W?
>>
>>29734265
Depends what jobs you're interested in, what your degree is in, and what your longterm goals are. Not an easy question to answer.

Start with asking yourself this: "Why did I go to college instead of joining the military at 18?". This isn't meant as an insult, but an honest self assessment. Was it because you weren't interested? Was it the lifestyle? Was it the risk of being deployed?
>>
is becoming a SEAL a completely unrealistic goal?
>>
what are some good jobs that don't require a security clearance? I'm 22, and don't know much of anything
>>
>>29740344
Not at all, if you're in decent shape and take a full year to train, you could honestly do it. Just don't be one of those retards that googles "Military workouts" and does STUPID fucking shit instead of using machines/free weights at the gym and running. God my one friend is a fucking neanderthal. Wants to be a SEAL. In fucking inhuman shape, could EASILY go do it right the fuck now. Insists he's not in shape enough yet. Does retarded "Military workouts", hurts his shin, run time suffers.
>>
>>29740393
Depends, why no security clearance?
>>
>>29739825
There's no MOS for door gunner, marine corps has crew chiefs and AO's. Becoming a crew chief guarantees that you'll fly, mech wise it depends if your unit has slots for aerial observers.
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
How do I not be a boot? Besides combat deployments.

And how to not be a boot in peacetime?
>>
>>29740602
If you're new straight from the schoolhouse you're a boot.
If you haven't deployed you're a boot.
Take your licks like everyone else did, you'll know when you're not a boot anymore.
>>
>>29740403
>Military workouts
Define these?
>>
>>29741013

Google it.

Basically it is just retarded crossfit-like stuff. They're supposed to make soccer moms feel like badasses but all they do is cause stress fractures and sprain tendons.
>>
>>29741013
Probably some sort of crossfit but even more retarded if I had to guess.
>>
>>29741078
>>29741077
>crossfit
So "Fuck form it's about intensity, your back and joints will be fine"?
>>
>>29741013
"Run 3 miles with a backpack filled with weights!"
"Get a blue gun and run on the track!"
"Do pushups with a backpack full of weighs on!"

Basically any workout that requires an addition to be "More military like". Because that shit is bad for you, and you aren't doing it under supervision/with a fucking medic/corpsman there to make sure you don't accidentally yourself. Just do normal workouts.
>>
>>29741097

It is not always "fuck form," but it is more about the frequency of doing excessive exercise. They notoriously train the same muscle groups every day.
>>
>>29741117
Rest days are for the weak apparently?

>>29741098
What's wrong with weighted pushups?
>>
>>29741129
It's not the weighted pushup, it's the backpack in this case. A proper weighted pushup will center weight and hold it firmly against your body, but if weight is rocking/bouncing/straining your spine, it's incredibly bad for you. A weighted vest is much better suited for this.
>>
How hard is it to get submariner yeoman or something like it in the US Navy?
>>
>>29741141
Ooooh, gotcha. I thought you took issue with the weight not how it's positioned.

>TFW still figuring this workout thing out
>TFW just want to operate but I'm fat
>TFW mile run time is terrible, two mile is significantly worse

Fuck man, Scooby's diet don't fail me now!
>>
>>29741191
run and run some more, do bodyweight exercises, eat right and maybe lift some weights dont bother with any extra shit
>>
>>29734130
Yo Crypto bro, you scored BIG TIME. DONT FUCK UP IN PCOLA, its one of the FEW rates in the navy that dont have to go to sea... ever. You might think this sucks, you might think that was the reason you joined... take it from me, IT BLOWS. I'm a CTT, been in 6 years... shore duty is where its at
>>
>>29736086
listen to me.

Dont go Radar BULLSHIT, FC's jobs suck. Go CTN/CTR, CTI if you like learning other languages. All of these rates are chill, TS/SCI clearance, fast advancement.

Go IT if you like troubleshooting computers. SO if you are a badass/delusional.
>>
>>29741188
Depends how many people are volunteering for sub duty as yeoman, which I doubt is very high. You could probably just ask for it.
>>
>>29741188
Nobody wants sub duty... because it blows pretty much.

Also, dont go YN, see above posts, go anyting in the CT field, CTN/CTR/CTI/CTT/CTM, in that order from best to shit.

I'm a 6 year E-6 CTT, fast advancement, hate the job
>>
>>29741214
>run and run some more
Been doing C2-5K, checking my mile run time every week as a rough progress guage. At a 7:54 mile as of two days ago. My shins are super fucking tender though so I'm taking a break.

>do bodyweight exercises
I don't do this enough, I should start doing burpies

>eat right
Using Scooby's custommealplanner.com only issue is trying to eat seven cups of fucking spinach in a sitting.

>and maybe lift some weights dont bother with any extra shit
I need to get coached on lifting weights, I know jack&shit about it.

300lbs right now, trying to get down to 230
>>
>>29741141
You want to train as a seal? Run, run, run, swim swim swim, push ups, sit ups, lift weights but focus on cardio.

Its not the monster muscle dudes who make it though BUDS...

Do this shit until you puke, eat, rest, repeat.
>>
>>29741321
7:54 mile at 300lbs????????
>>
Red pill me on Army 19K and 11B

Tell me everything you know about them
>>
>>29741327
Remember that SEAL that would run 20+ miles a day? Pretty sure he did a fucking 48 hour endurance race too.

Can you imagine running at a track for 48 hours?
>>
>>29741255

I was in Marine radar, ballistics. That mos got me a $35/hr job upon separation and I got to play with cool stuff.

Why do you think it is bad?

>>29741330

Don't pay attention to him. He is a regular shitposter and has no concept of fitness so he posts things he thinks sound good.
>>
>>29741321
You shouldnt be getting shin splints running... fix your form or get proper footwear. Go run in SAND, as that is what the seals live in.

Fuck burpies, do push ups, sit ups, pulls ups, chin ups.

5 cups of spinach? Dont get caught up in any fat shit, drink nothing but water/coffee, stop eating processed foods, only eat whole foods, 5-6 meals a day.

Lifting weights is easy, google "push pull split", find a workout, go with it.

300 lbs? How tall are you?
>>
>>29741330
Yeah, got it down from a 7:58 a week ago but that tiny change could just be an energy level/pandara was playing a better running song/cold air helped/etc...
>>
>>29741338
The seals i know are fucking insane man... they open ocean swim MILES and MILES, they would run half of coronado island, then swim the other half with rocket fins... Shit boggles the mind.

>>29741342
Hes talking NAVY radar shit, which is a fire controlman's job... They are like retarded CT's, do the same shit, no 50K$ clearance.

I dont know shit about the Murines except they piss me off.
>>
>>29741359
I'd pay to see a 300lb dude run a sub 8 mile. Despite how fast you can run, they will never let you in at that weight unless you are 7'.

I'm 6'3, my max weight is 224. Also, forget about that pandora shit, you wont be listening to anything while running during training, except people screaming at you. Loudly.
>>
>>29741347
>How tall are you?
6'3"

I'll look into the other stuff, thanks.

>>29741342
>Regular shitposter
I have not posted in MEG in weeks, and I openly said I don't know much about fitness
>>
>>29741369

So "navy radar" refers to operators? I'm talking about maintenance; in the Marine Corps operators are called "TAOM operators."

I'm sure there is an enlisted maintainer rate in the navy. I'd recommend that.
>>
>>29741402
They both operate and maintain, its a shit job man. I do the same shit, SLQ-32 tech, work and operate a super hetrodyne tranciever designed for anti ship missile defense. Sounds cool, it sucks.

Most people on this site are full of shit and would lie to you just for shits and gigs.

I'm being honest here, if you are joining the navy, go officer. If not, choose a CT rating.

If you like making rank/money. If not, go BM or EN
>>
>>29741389
Yea man, you have a loong way to go. Like you said, lose 70 pounds before you even step foot into a recruiting office, they will tell you the same shit.

Np man, godspeed.
>>
>>29741385
>I'd pay to see a 300lb dude run a sub 8 mile.
All of the doubt got me scared as fuck that my local track is shorter than I thought.
Google'd it and it's 400m, so 4 laps plus the distance between a couple light posts should be a solid mile.
>>
>>29741455
Not talking to a recruiter for at least a year, and I'm hoping the 25% caloric deficit I'm on will burn the weight I need to by then.
>>
>>29741441

So I'm seeing that for simple systems there are indeed both separate operators and maintainers.

By the way, when I say "operator" that refers to a person like an atc controller, not the dude who does LRU maintenance and turns the system on.
>>
>>29741496
Eat a caloric defecit, under 2k calories. No SODA, its pure sugar. No chips, burgers, any of that delicious shit.

Eat baked chicken breast. Comlex carbs like sweet potatoes and brown rice, leafy greens, if you have sweet tooth, have some fruit or peanut butter. I'm not saying you cant have a cheat meal once in a while, we all do it, but you have to put in the work to get what you want man.

Cardio and weight lift man, weight lifting burns a FUCK ton of calories.
>>
>>29741511
I know.. they both stand the watch and operate the system, as well as maintain it. SPY-1, CIWS, SPQ-9, SPS-48.. all fall under their realm... all fuck up on the regular.
>>
>>29741520
Have not had a can of soda since December
>I have stolen sips off of others but we're talking once or twice a month and not more than a sip

And I'm currently eating

>Egg whites, oatmeal, apple
For breakfast

>Plain baked chicken, mixed frozen veggies
For lunch

>Pack of tuna, brown rice, one egg
For whatever that meal is

>Chicken breast, spinach leaves, almonds
For dinner
>>
>>29741562
If you aern't lying, and i dont see why you would to a complete stranger, good shit man, thats exactly what you should be eating... Treat yourself once in a while so you dont burn yourself out.

Only thing i would add, have a multi viatmin. Also, drink a gallon of water a day. It speeds metabolism, regulates body temperature, will also keep you feeling more full, so you wont want to eat as much.
>>
>>29741593
I've only been on it for a little under a week, so I haven't had a cheat meal yet, I decided Wednesday I'll have something really good for lunch, like some pizza and maybe a beer, then go running that afternoon.

Drinking enough water has been difficult, I just feel so fucking full all the time from vegetables that I don't want to put anything else in my stomach. I am forcing myself to drink throughout the day, just not as much as I should.
>>
>>29741620
>>29741593
>>29741562

Personally, I don't even eat clean. I just don't eat a shitload of food like I used to.

I keep my calories to ~1800 and that works, supplement with vegetables when I am feeling that it isn't enough.
>>
How is the Army on Smoking?
>>
>>29741620
Do more active shit to get your appetite up. Eat small portions for your meals, not until you are full. If you aernt getting the entire gallon in, its fine. FDA recommends 8, 8 ounch glasses of water a day. I'd say go for at least 100
>>
>>29741646
No branch gives a Fuck of you smoke or not.
>>
File: 1461132179081.png (78 KB, 515x667) Image search: [Google]
1461132179081.png
78 KB, 515x667
>>29741646
Smoogin ids bad anon
>>
>>29741646
Cigarettes? No one cares
Weed? Automatic dishonorably discharge.
>>
>>29741763
yes Cigarettes, just curious if theyre anal about it
>>
About to graduate with a bachelor's in Criminal Justice but I have the opportunity to get a minor in Sociology or Political Science if I take a full semester of classes. Is it worth it?

I'm interested in career in Law Enforcement or Intelligence with any of the four branches.
>>
>>29737234
Wait is 99 bad?
>>
>>29733470

>Army guy is the only one not in dress uniform

"Wouldn't yah know it I JUST brought them to the cleaners!"
>>
>>29741763

You get a bcd for drug usage, mr shitposter.

Please kids, stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>29741879
He's talking about the clearance, Mr. 31 asvab.
>>
I may have fucked up guys. I'm 18, and I was honest wth a recruiter. I gave him my info, and told him my situation. I want to join the Army, but I was placed in Foster care at 9. They give you a bullshit psych eval when you're placed in custody. I was sent to a therapist, which I saw until I was seventeen. My diagnosis was ADHD, Aspergers, and depression. I took meds for it until I was 16. I was upfromt with him, since people told me if I lied I would be charged with fraudulent enlistment. I told him everything, and why shit said what it said. He told me I may be able to get in, but he wasn't sure. He took my info on a notepad, but didn"t put it in his laptop. He also asked for documentation of my mandatory therapy sessions. I haven't given it to him yet. My question is, did I fuck up? Should I find a different recruiter and say I'm fine, which I am? Is it too late for that? Just need info. Thanks.
>>
>>29742012
Just wait and see. It's possible you may be able to get a waiver. A situation like yours is something that's hard to lie about.
>>
>>29740156
When I joined in 2004 I told them I wanted 11X with Airborne school. They said no slots, so I told them nevermind.

I was told to wait outside for a minute, brought back in and told they "found" me a slot. So I don't know if they're just trying to push a certain MOS and just lying or what
>>
>>29741646

You won't be allowed to smoke at all during basic training so quit before you go in or it's going to be hell. You can get back on the wagon if you want afterwards but all tobacco products will be treated as contraband during basic.
>>
>>29742118

Same in 2008

>"I want 38B"
>"We have some mechanic slots at that unit but no 38B"
>"Thank you for your time"
>"Hold on a minute, let us check"
>Hour later
>"We've got a slot"

Don't know if they're lying or if their system is that fucking garbage, I'd believe it either way.
>>
>>29740344
the seals post a training program for candidates. google nsw seal candidate training program or something. whole thing is six months, but get started now. you do fitness tests before you start it so you know what set/rep levels and times you begin with.
>>
>>29742118
>>29742160
I think it's a combination of lying to get other spots filled and the spots actually opening and closing constantly.
>>
>>29741520
don't do this. it's not the 80s any more. apparently no one told you.

telling a fatty to eat complex (high insulin response, all of them) carbs is like telling an alcoholic to have one more drink. christ, you're from /fit/ aren't you?

>>29741562
you're not going to make it on that diet. i can feel myself reaching for can of coke right now, and i hate that shit.

losing weight (and still performing) is about controlling insulin levels. insulin is the control hormone...for lots of shit actually. read this article. the guy that wrote it trains athletes at the olympic level, as well as professional nfl and nhl players. he is a fucking legend and does seminars with guys like klokov and ed coan. listen to what he says, not what /fit/ says. those faggots are greek yoghurt eating leg waxers and twinks. not even kidding, i looked at their breakfast thread and almost cried. straight out of 1980s era cosmo magazine.

http://www.strengthsensei.com/nutrition-basics-explained-simply/
>>
Does anyone have a rough idea how different being a 21B (Combat Engineer) in the 75th would be from the regular army?
>>
>>29742268
>i can feel myself reaching for can of coke right now
People try to get me to drink soda all the time and I turn them down. What exactly is wrong with my diet? Rice and carrots?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.