[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go innawoods for the first time. Does anyone know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1461216968878.gif (941 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
1461216968878.gif
941 KB, 627x502
I want to go innawoods for the first time. Does anyone know what I should bring gear-wise?
>>
A hilariously large, impractical curved, blunt knife.

Horrifically uncomfortable, overpriced and oversized boots.

A ruck that is both undersized and that sits awkwardly on the small of your back.

A knife so small that it can not possibly have a purpose other than to jingle in or against your pocket and remind you that it cost $199.
>>
>>29730342
This

A magnesium bar that you have no idea how to use is also a valuable backup to your zippo lighter too
>>
>>29730367
The strike bar, priced $129 is your primary, you begin by scraping any rock, metal or abrasive substance against it and in the end just before night falls you give up and use the 20 cent bic from the gas station.
>>
a firestarter, matches, and a zippo, but no Bic lighter. Bonus points if you bring spare zippo fuel or some sort of weatherproof container for it.
>>
>Three gallons of water
>Full camp kitchen set
>First aid kit - the kind that handles everything
>Machete, bowie knife and a pocket knife
>At the very least a big bore pistoll with at least 100 rounds
>Three changes of clothes and plenty of socks
>Minimum 150' of parachord - 3 rolls of 50'
>At least 20k calories worth of food.
>An umbrella
>A tent
>Soap
>Sunblock
>Prescriptions
>A towel
>Sunglasses
>Bugspray
>Fishing pole
>Hunting rifle
>Trashbags
>Flashlights
>Camera
>Flare gun
>Radio
>Spare emergency phone
>Zip ties
>Duct tape
>Mousetraps.

Theres more if your planning an overnight trip.
>>
File: 1460863301484.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1460863301484.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>29730342
>>29730367
>>29730381
Other than this, what should I bring?

I also have an old Walther PPK, should I use it for plinking wildlife or bring something else?
>>
>>29730402
>>29730431
>>Three gallons of water
>>Full camp kitchen set
>>First aid kit - the kind that handles everything
>>1 Knife is enough
>>The PPK (for self defense)
>>At least 20k calories worth of food.
>>An umbrella/rainsuit
>>A tent and sleeping bag+mat if you're planning on staying overnight
>>Soap
>>Sunblock and sunglasses (if necessary)
>>Prescriptions (if necessary)
>>A towel
>>Bugspray
>>Flashlights
>>Smartphone with clover
>>Flare gun
>>Spare emergency phone
>>GPS (you better take this if you don't want to get lost)
>>Zip ties
>>Duct tape

Nice post, but a bit too much for a first time innawoods
>>
>>29730402
>no survival shotgun that can be broken down and stored in your cargo pocket
>no 10 gauge slug gun for Sasquatch combat
>no solar powered hvac system for your tent

top kek you gotta deathwish kid?
>>
File: gotchufam.png (155 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
gotchufam.png
155 KB, 768x1024
>>29730327
I've got some rifles and gear if you need someone to tag along senpai. Where you at?
>>
>>29731738
>10 gauge
>Sasquatch

You either need an elephant gun or a punt gun to put those fuckers down. 10 gauge on a Sasquatch is like using 9mm on a wild hog.
>>
File: IMG_7707.jpg (141 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7707.jpg
141 KB, 768x1024
>>29731793
Sorry about that. Phone glitched out for some reason. This picture should look... correct. That last one is just a glitch. Nothing to worry about fampie. Where you at BTW?
>>
File: 1458986621240.jpg (74 KB, 420x581) Image search: [Google]
1458986621240.jpg
74 KB, 420x581
>>29731793
>>29731821
>>
Is there a database or something of undeveloped land where one can legally squat? I want to do shit like cut down trees and build shelter and all that, but even the campgrounds that put you right in the middle of the trees usually don't let you alter the surrounding area in any way.

How difficult is it to find a plot of forest land that isn't owned by anyone?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.