[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odd Military structures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: egyptian bunker.jpg (49 KB, 717x634) Image search: [Google]
egyptian bunker.jpg
49 KB, 717x634
Any ex-mil guys here able to tell me what this structure is? It reminds me of anti-air batteries/artillery, although it also looks like it could be part of a bomb range.

Coordinates: 30° 1'14.40"N 31°43'17.49"E
>>
>>29729829
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: it's happening.jpg (113 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
it's happening.jpg
113 KB, 685x600
>>29729904
>>
>>29729829
>although it also looks like it could be part of a bomb range.

There's what appears to be a shooting range to the immediate north/northeast, and I can't imagine they would put a bomb range right next to a range. Not to mention the highway adjacent on the left.
>>
>>29729829
probably some kind of unnaground nuclear weapons storage or bunker.
>>
Probably ancient alien tombs
>>
Underground missile silos? There's a (presumably military) shooting range about a mile north east of it.
>>
>>29729952
Oh, and a military airstrip ~5 miles NE of it.
>>
>>29729829
They are a series of munition dumps used by the egyptian military. The openings are ~13ft which is about perfect for a semi trailer. The site was constructed in early 2011 which lines up with the time at which egypt was getting weapons from the USA post revolution.
>>
S-75 SAM configuration, the 02 x ramps on bunker are for radar (spoon rest and fan song)
>>
>>29729986
Expanding upon this:
Helwan is a city that hosts a major aircraft development plant dating back to the 1960s. These are most likely used to store munitions for egyptian airforce.
>>29730009
This is correct, the facility hosts a sam site in defense of the munitions
>>
>>29730009
>>29730021
>>29729936
>>29729986

night /k/ is the best. Thanks for the info, gents
>>
>>29729829
>3000 years from now archeaologists will ask the same question
>>
It's a clock. It will happen at 0955
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.