[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the Canadian military, /k/? If so, which branch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Canadian_Forces_emblem.svg.png (918 KB, 2000x2566) Image search: [Google]
Canadian_Forces_emblem.svg.png
918 KB, 2000x2566
Should I join the Canadian military, /k/?
If so, which branch?
>>
>>29728127
Air Force. Thank me later.
>>
File: image.png (110 KB, 555x557) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 555x557
Why do I picture a guy in a field of syrup Hawks as the canandian airforce?
>>
>peace time military
Go pog I guess.
>>
File: 1449204510195.jpg (61 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
1449204510195.jpg
61 KB, 500x559
2 years engineer in the reserve, AMA I guess.
>>
>>29728127
Join moose squadron
>>
>>29728127
Is it a good idea to go infy reserves and then once I graduate go DE to Intel? I wanna try infy go see if I like it and would switch trades upon graduation if I don't like it. I wanna go Intel if I don't like infy
>>
>>29729307
You won't get Intel as DEO.
>>
File: download_20160122_125118.jpg (96 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
download_20160122_125118.jpg
96 KB, 360x480
I've been in the Navy for two years, I'm a MARS officer. For elements, it's definitely air force > navy > army. Also AMAA I guess.
>>
>>29729488
so I should apply while in reserves then?
>>
>>29729666
bumping question. I don't know if you mean go infy then you can go intel or to join intel (or apply for it) while in reserves (and during uni)
>>
>>29729666

Joining the reserves when you're in uni is an excellent idea, you'll get a lot of good stuff out of it. However if you want Intel you should either apply now for ROTP, if you're still eligible for that, or get a different officer trade when you graduate because you straight up won't get Intel right off the bat.

Once you're in, you might get Intel if you fail the training for your trade or if you stick it out til captain / lieutenant (navy).
>>
>>29729761
cheers. I'll apply to Seaforth Highlanders asap then
>>
>>29729772
Ooh nice a Vancouver boy. Thats my hometown.

I wish you luck with it. I've loved my time in but some people hate it.
>>
>>29729838
yeah, study at UVIC but plan is to move back in with my parents for the last two years in UBC and join the reserves.

Im still gonna join this summer whether or not they accept my transfer. But it would be nicer if I could be in the same town as my prospective unit.
>>
File: airforce.jpg (217 KB, 1230x803) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
217 KB, 1230x803
>>29728196
This, even being ground crew is worth it since you get to play with the planes.
>>
>>29729506
How competitive is DEO as an officer? I'm looking at LogO once I finish uni but I never did sports in HS and I barely have any volunteering experience.
>>
>>29728127
>Should I join the Canadian military, /k/?If so, which branch?

Well,
1. Do you want to?

and

2. Which one do you want to join?

Idk why internet people try to make other people decide on things for them. The way it works is if you want to do it, then you go do it. It's really simple dude decide for yourself for once.
>>
>>29730224
Also, my gpa right now is about 3.2. Just finished up my second year. I have some work experience in various wagecuck jobs. I heard they give personality tests now I think? I'm pretty sure I'm INTJ.
>>
File: 1460904825516.png (28 KB, 622x659) Image search: [Google]
1460904825516.png
28 KB, 622x659
Can I still join with an attempted suicide when I was 15?
>>
Is joining the reserves a good idea while I'm in college? I want to get some additional shekels to what I make from my minimum wage slave job to pay for my education and support my mom's health well-being. Is it just like what cadets was just with money and the mandatory summer training or something? I plan to go into something military-unrelated after (geography/geology/surveying).

Please tell me if this is a good idea, why/why not, and any additional information is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>29730833
It's a good idea for several reasons.

The first is there's no commitment, so you can try basic training and quit right there with no consequences if you decide it's not for you. The second is it's a good bit of side cash - reserves on training courses make mad bank.

Thirdly, if you decide to go reg force you will keep some or all of your time in rank and pensionable time in. For example, I have a Mars officer buddy who joined as a reservist in university. He never finished his training to get promoted until four years after he got commissioned. As a result, he gets three years worth of back pay at his new rank.
>>
>>29730354
What's your degree in? I'm pretty sure you need a business or management degree for LogO these days.

As for competitive it varies so much year to year based on recruiting requirements. It took me nearly two years to get in.
>>
>>29732414
Accounting. I meet the degree requirement. I know competitiveness depends upon who else applies but can you give me a general idea of how I'd do? What sort of stuff did you have on your resume when you applied?
>>
>>29730607
Is it on a record somewhere? Just don't tell them
>>
>>29728127
Join the United States Marine Corps.

Y'all are under our protection too.

OORAH
>>
>>29732414
It took me 6 months to get in but I'm just a weapons tech
>>
>>29735135
America is a shithole though
>>
>>29735135
>join the USMC
>versus CAF
lmao
>>
>>29734244
I forget my GPA and can't be arsed to look it up right now, but it was probably close to yours. Some As, a couple Fs, mostly B+/A-. Very little team sports experience, some volunteering. Tell them anything that could possibly count when you apply, let them decide if it doesn't count or not, rather than selling yourself short.

I even included a week-long leadership camp in grade 11.

You will probably get in, just be prepared to wait a while.
>>
>>29728356
why did you think it was a good idea to post?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.