[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I fucked up, /k/. I bought one of these old flareguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: FHG-1422-Product.jpg (326 KB, 700x478) Image search: [Google]
FHG-1422-Product.jpg
326 KB, 700x478
I think I fucked up, /k/. I bought one of these old flareguns the other day from my local shop and I wanted to polish it up. So I have it submerged and soaking in half a gallon of pure vinegar... and it's smelling awful and it's leaving this slimy gold paste on my gloves when I swish it around.

Any tips on what I need to do here? Should I add some baking soda to fizz it up and deep clean it? Maybe some boiling water?
>>
I had to take it out of the vinegar, /k/. My whole pad smells like fucking boiled eggs now. Any other suggestions on cleaning this thing and getting the rust off would be appreciated.
>>
Brass or Cooper brush/wool would probably work. Then put a small amount of gun oil on a rag and wipe it down
>>
>>29725419
Thanks, komrade.
>>
>>29725111
Former steampunk sperg here. Vinegar is what you use when you want to MAKE a fake patina on new brass like in your pic, not remove it
>>
>>29725111

Wouldn't vinegar dissolve the gun?
>>
>>29725595
No, stop.
>>
>>29725595
Eventually.
It leaches zinc out of the brass and can lead to the same corrosion cracking problems as ammonia.
>>
>>29725752
>>29725595
Whoa, what? I didn't know I was damaging my gun by doing that! Shit. I don't have any gun oil at the moment and have no means to get any right off. So to get rid of the rust I have it soaking in 2 liters of Coke a Cola. That will eat the rust by morning, right?
>>
>>29725800
You're either a dedicated troll or a complete fucking retard.
http://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance
>>
File: 1412908285653.gif (87 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
1412908285653.gif
87 KB, 600x437
>>29725800
>>
>>29725827
Oh wow. Thanks for the link, Anon. "Severe Effect" when mixed. Fml.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.