[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you shoot at a burglar and miss, but he runs away, should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: burglar.jpg (135 KB, 1688x1125) Image search: [Google]
burglar.jpg
135 KB, 1688x1125
If you shoot at a burglar and miss, but he runs away, should you still call the cops? Will you be in more or less trouble than if you hit him?
>>
>>29725092
contact a lawyer, unless this bate, inwhich case fuckyou i hope he comes back and rapes your body pillow.
>>
>>29725092
In the eyes of the law if he is running away it is not self defense anymore and you can be persecuted I believe. You have to think the main point of confronting a burglar with a gun is to scare him off. Your mindset shouldn't be "I'm going to kill this guy" it should be "if he tries to kill me I will kill this guy". In some states the laws could be different though.
>>
Yes, as a law abiding citizen you should always report a crime to the police. Obviously if nothing happened at all you have no actual reason to, but if you fired your weapon you need to call them so they know it was done lawfully in case someone calls the cops about it. That way they know it was a lawful shooting rather than a negligent discharge or an attempted murder. If they were suspicious of you for one of these crimes then failing to call them to report the robbery and self defense shooting is instant heavy suspicion.
>>
>>29725148
I meant if he runs away after being shot at. Suppose the first shot scared him off even if it didn't hit him.
>>
>>29725197
Chase after him and finish the job. Dead men tell no tales.
>>
>>29725092
might be a good idea
who knows, if they're quick they might even find a guy matching the description in the area with a brick in his underwear
>>
File: American history x.gif (498 KB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
American history x.gif
498 KB, 500x251
>>29725254
>>
>>29725092
>should you still call the cops?

I fucking love this meme. Once you do that, you're out of the fight and give the cops your place in the ring.

You should treat a home invasion as a sudden deathmatch. Whoever's the strongest wins.
>>
first one to call is the victim
>>
>>29725092

You will get arrested because you had a gun, and guns are illegal in japan...

or.. FUCKING TELL US WHERE... geez.
>>
>>29725297
Would an escaped burglar really call the cops on someone who shot at him?
>>
>>29725311
>Would an escaped burglar really call the cops on someone who shot at him?
>I didn't do nothing officer! How am I supposed to get money for school?
>>
>>29725306
In 'Murrica.
>>
>>29725254
But the body does. And when the forensics team sees the body 30 yards from your house facing the wrong direction with a bullet inter back of his head, you're going to jail
>>
>>29725306
>burglar
>in japan

good joke
>>
>>29725092
Yeah you should still call the cops.

You probably won't be in any trouble either way, as long as you don't shoot again once he starts running.

Also call your lawyer immediately after calling the cops and don't say anything other than what happened.
>>
>>29725306
Always assume US for posters who do not specify. It's up to you to not be retarded and take statistical evidence into account. Amerilards populate most of the internet, the server is US based, the site was made by an American, and it uses American English spelling.
>>
>>29725344
Yeah no wonder they don't have burglars, because nobody has guns.

>HURR DURR THEY'RE A DETERRENT

You need to accept that even though there are exceptions like Brazil and Mexico, most of their crime is from criminal organizations who get guns by the crate across the border or who have them stockpiled. Not your average citizen. I don't know ANY South/Central Americans at my college who have owned an illegal gun and most of them said that when they were still in those nations. How many times am I going to have to read about some dumb hick who couldn't get into the Army accidentally shooting his girlfriend with his Mossberg 500 because he read on AR15.com that you shouldn't give an invader the benefit of the doubt and that if you have time to check if they're armed and what they look like, you're a target to them already.

Face it, you are not rambo and three armed black males breaking into your house, even if they don't spend as much time on the range, are going to fucking kill you. The moment they see the barrel of your AR poking around the corner they're gonna grab it and take it away from you, beat the shit out of you, fuck your girlfriend, mom, daughter, or sister with they're huge cocks, and laugh at you when you start to sob and defecate in your pants right before they put your AR 15 to your head and pull the trigger. Gun owners are fucking pathetic. This is a WEAPONS board and you guys have turned something I once loved into the gun board. It's not about history, it's for your stupid fantasies.
>>
>>29725092
Thats not how a crowbar works
>>
>>29725311

Yes. They are not above trying to claim they were just walking down the street when you started shooting at them for no reason.
I seem to remember a burglar that fell through a skylight and succesfully sued the homeowner.
>>
>>29725197
But you said you missed, you twat
>>
>>29725436
Do you ignore every single news report about someone shooting a home invader or detaining them until police arrive? Are you this retarded that you live in a vacuum of information by choice?
>>
>>29725560
Do you ignore every single news report about a kid taking his dad's gun and shooting up his school? I seem to see more news reports about those.

>HURR DURR THE MEDIA IS POSTING PROPAGANDA

Drop the fucking tinfoil hat bullshit, alright? God it isn't Nazi Germany anymore.
>>
>>29725436
I would like to elect this poster as the most cuckest cuckposter I have ever had the pleasure of reading a comment from.

>You cant defend yourselves anyways, may as well not have a gun!

I really hope you are gay because I feel bad for whatever woman expects you to protect her and keep her safe.
>>
>>29725582
>media reporting correlates with the actual incident of certain accidents or crimes

This is so sad mate. If this was true then mass shootings would be 1000x as prevalent.

Media focused on a narrow group of news items which pushes their agenda.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 700x700
>>29725582
>it isn't Nazi Germany anymore

this is how I know you are baiting.
>>
>>29725624
>>29725612
>>29725592
>>29725560
lmao I can't believe you guys fell for it, I mean fuck.
>>
>>29725612
No they don't they focus on the thing that pushes their ratings which is our gun problem. They don't need to push something that is already moving at light speed.
>>
>>29725624
>Everything that conflicts with my opinion is bait
Fuck off.
>>29725648
Not me btw
>>
File: zHf5WNw.jpg (980 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
zHf5WNw.jpg
980 KB, 5312x2988
>>29725582
You mean the one that didn't happen today, yesterday, and the day before that? Yeah, been keeping real up to date with it. You live in a fantasy land where a piece of metal is inhabited by Satan and is the cause of all evil. Now head on back to MSNBC.com, which clearly has no political biases, and get your daily brainwashing.

>WHOOO GREEN TEXT IS BEST TEXT LOLOLOLOL IMPLYING LOLOLOL I WIN TEH ARGUMENTS CUZ I CALLED HIM A NAZI.
>>
>>29725648
>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>29725680
I would agree with gun control if it was proven to be effective at reducing the circulation of guns in criminal hands.

Every study done, especially the most recent one from australia done over the course of nearly two decades, show zero correlation.

All it does is prevent law abiding civilians from defending themselves. Esp in america del sur you have heavy gangs and cartels with a ton of firepower while the average lawabiding student or office worker has exactly nothing
>>
>>29725714
is this angeles shooting range?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.