[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunting with kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: landwhale season.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
landwhale season.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1920
Watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFnmM12LOQ and thought about if is a good idea to bring kids younger than 16 to hunting trips.
>>
>>29724187
>bringing little girls hunting
>women
>hunting

she's probably traumatized just from hearing the gunblast
>>
>>29724187
that is good parenting. What a cute little girl.
>>
That was pretty cute.
>>
>>29724187
Kids can hunt alone at age 12 in my state

Fuck off Hillary
>>
>>29725380
What state is that my friend?
>>
>>29724207
have you even watched video you dingus
>>
I've been hunting since I was 7
>>
>>29725417
MN
>>
>no father to take me hunting when i was a kid
feels bad
>>
>>29725503
Same here. Want to take up hunting, too much of a city boy to know what to do. I'll just keep spending money on ARs and AKs then.
>>
>>29725517
i want to start as well, it just seems like a secret club and i dont know anyone to help me start
>>
>>29725517
>>29725526
Get shotgun
Go innawoods
Shoot grouse
Stand on wings
Rip out legs

There you go
>>
>>29725503
>no kid to take out hunting with
>>
File: bored2[1].jpg (16 KB, 340x227) Image search: [Google]
bored2[1].jpg
16 KB, 340x227
>>29725503
>Be 11
>Father took me hunting once
>didn't do anything all day
>was bored off my ass
>just wanted to shoot some targets
>never got to squeeze a trigger all day
>went back home without firing a single shot
>total waste of a day

Never went hunting, or had a desire to hunt since then.
>>
>>29725975
Your daddy was a fudd
>>
>>29725975
welcome to hunting
>>
>>29726006
Yeah he was pretty fuddy back then to be honest. This was back in the mid 90's , He had a hand full of tactical stuff for when we lived in the city and when he was a cop, stuff like an IMI uzi carbine, P08 Luger, and a Mak90 ,

Then in the in the mid 90s he went full fudd, getting a marlin 22 magnum bolt action, and I remember when he was really exited when he got his first shotgun from walmart, a camo mossberg 500

I also remember him talking shit on BDU cammo when we would see it in an army navy store
>HUUR govt camo is shit and is crap
>dis huntin camo is soo much better, the army should use dis but they are 2 broke

Also when he would brag about how much better a bolt gun is compared to a semi
>dis one guy at the range had an m16, and he went through ammo so fast, now dis bolt gun marlin is gud because its slower to shoot and you can save money at da range and still hit da target

Luckily since then I'm proud to report he went full 180 and those statements and is no longer a Fudd, and actually hates them
>>
>>29726014
Which is why I never hunted again, nor dated any fudd chicks either.
>>
>>29726302
whiny bitch
>>
>>29725517
i wanna hunt but dont wanna deal with the animal after but im not just gonna leave the poor fucker
>>
>>29724187
Its great to see kids hunting, that initial thrill and excitement of killing your first is fun to see.

I remember when i was a kid and my dad killed a deer and left me with it while he went and found some one with a walkie talkie(dog hunting). I still had half a biscuit in my pocket and tried to feed it to the dead deer, i was 4.

>>29724207
good b8, but its hard to traumatize a kid raised around hunting, i remember poking a deer brain in the gut bucket when i was 6. good times.

>>29725517
you can still get into it my friend, hunting is something you teach yourself and the only thing to be taught is safety and respect. where do you live?

>>29725526
join a hunting club, hunters are real friendly and they would like you to join it increases their buying power to afford private land. Only thing is just be real respectful and safe, something unsafe will get you kicked out.

>>29725975
you missed the point of hunting friend, only bad hunt is where the animal dies slowly or is never retrieved. Being out in nature is a pleasure; you went at the wrong age to truly appreciate it.
even if you didn't see anything it is still a good hunt and is great way to spend the day.

pic related a fella took at my hunting club last year.
>>
>>29726448
at least your honest, i know some people who kill the animal and let it go to waste. truly disgusting.
>>
>>29726448
Take it to a meat locker. They'll butcher it for you. Heck, here in Iowa we even have a program where you take the animal to a local locker and then the venison is given to the poor. So if you have more venison than you want or need then it's still getting used rather than rotting in a field.

The donation thing only applies to deer (in Iowa that is), iirc. Don't think you can do that with turkey, pheasant, or any of the others. Not sure if you can take other animals to the locker to get butchered either.
>>
>>29726448
I have had similar issues with hunting, used to hunt a lot when I was younger but until I can afford to buy a house I have no place to do the butchering at my apartment.
>>
>>29726324
Nah, I just would rather load up a 30rd mag, or a belt and blast away on targets with guns that have sex appeal... and by sex appeal I mean military style rifles from the 20th to today
>>
>>29726482
>where do you live?
WA
>>
>>29724187
>Hunting with kids

I'd rather use a firearm to be honest. Kids don't have that much stopping power.
>>
>>29726569
I think you SOL anon, you might want to hunt out of state you guys have alot of laws and alot of bear so hunting alone as newbie might not be the safest. maybe go on down to northern Cali they have some nice hogs.
>>
>>29726482
Yeah I see where your going but, no I still don't care for it. There are better ways for me to enjoy the wilderness

It was as boring as fishing, or watching a baseball game or nasscar
>>
>>29726678
>It was as boring as fishing, or watching a baseball game
reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29726657
i guess ill take the hunters ed class and ask around there. i bought a shotgun to duck hunt, that is pretty easy right?
>>
>>29726703
you guessed wrong, easy sure. but time consuming and expensive if you really want to get into it. you have to buy calls, proper clothes so you dont freeze, decoys, a boat(depending on how you hunt.)

but then again it can be really easy, just pick a a pond and wait sometime the will land sometime not. I went crow hunting in january spent a whole day and only saw 6. on the drive home i saw 40. If your lucky you will get on some land where no other duck hunters go to and it will be prime.

the easiest hunting is squirrel, they taste good and dont care about human to much. They mostly watch you and fuss. turkey hunting is also easy.
>>
>>29726482
>where do you live?
Illinois

>>29726448
>dont wanna deal with the animal
I wouldn't mind the food, but just have no idea how to prepare it, store it, or transfer it. Live in an apartment studio so I doubt it's in the lease that I can butcher a deer in there. Wouldn't mind driving around with a dead deer strapped to the hood of my hybrid though.
>>
>>29726981
You're supossed to gut it at camp. And if you set up tarps in your apartment and didnt make a mess I don't think uou'de get too much shit for it.
>>
>>29724187
It depends on the maturity of the kid. I'd probably say most kids should be mature enough by 12, but it's a judgement call.
>>
>>29726224
Well he wasn't necessarily wrong about the camo or the bolt v. Semi argument...
>>
>>29726981
Illinois has some big fucking deer. 10/10 would hunt.

just google local deer processor or meat processor. they will skin, clean and butcher your animal and turn it into what ever you want. it can cost about 80 buck or more depending on what you want the meat made into.

Hunting can be a real affordable way to keep you freezer full of meat. where you live there is no reason not to hunt.

pic is just a pretty deer.
>>
>>29727135
The state usually wants you to bury it because turkeys come along and eat the guts. Then bacteria grows in the turkeys stomach and it starves to death.

>>29726981
please dont clean(just a word for skinning and break it down to its primal cuts) it in your apartment anon, it makes hunters look bad as well as strapping the deer on your hood. Put a tarp down in your trunk to move the deer. You can also field clean the deer but it can be harder.
>>
>>29727148
I think kids should brought into the hunt as soon as they start forming memories.
not they should be shooting the gun but they should be apart of the experience and grow up understanding the way.

I took my first stand alone at 8.
>>
>>29726678
Fishing and baseball are American as fuck you commie cuck.
>>
>>29726678
you must be some sort of yankee, and your dad is a failure.
>>
>>29726580
ahahaha
>>
>>29724187
My dad took me to tag along on a few pheasant hunts when I was 10, because he knew I'd get really excited to do it for real once I turned 12 and could get my hunting license.

We went pheasant hunting in South Dakota every November until I turned 19. I miss it so bad.

I can't wait till my boys are old enough
>>
>>29724207
Took my 6 year old daughter hunting.
>cried when I lit up some goats with my sks
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.