[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /k/, you're my only hope.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Sig P229#4.jpg (2 MB, 2987x2793) Image search: [Google]
Sig P229#4.jpg
2 MB, 2987x2793
Hey /k/unts, i'm having some problems with my P229.

The gun is a legacy slide, german frame model. I decided to tear it down and clean it today, and ever since reassembling I have been having hammer follow on about 2/5 resets.

Rather than resetting in SA after racking the slide, it goes back to DA. It's never done this before. The hammer and sear don't appear to have much wear on them either. What's going on?

Also, general Sig thread.
>>
File: IndiaDL480.jpg (37 KB, 480x370) Image search: [Google]
IndiaDL480.jpg
37 KB, 480x370
>>29716691
>What's going on?

Are you sure you properly installed the mainspring/hammer strut properly?
>>
>>29717027
/thread
>>
The hammer strut is easy to get wrong. Make sure you get that fucker in the right slot on the hammer.
>>
>>29717027
Just checked and yes it is

It also doesn't have follow with the grips off

Trigger return spring possibly?
>>
File: TkGYZqS.jpg (27 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
TkGYZqS.jpg
27 KB, 296x394
If the hammer strut is installed correctly, when pushing up on it the hammer should go down/towards the slide. Pic related is my M11-A1 that I bought used back in January, just put E2 grips on it yesterday. Also took off that gimmicky ass 'look at the kewl military gun' UID label.
>>
If its not having follow with the grips off, its possible the trigger bar spring is being pinched by the grips.
>>
Weird....

I loosened the grip screws and it went away.
>>
>>29717124
>>29717124
>>29717124
This.
>>
Buy a parts kit from the sig store and replace all those little springs and shit
>>
File: borken spring.jpg (463 KB, 627x837) Image search: [Google]
borken spring.jpg
463 KB, 627x837
>>29718244
>Buy a parts kit from the sig store and replace all those little springs and shit

This is usually a sound idea because pic can happen to you in the first shot at the range like me but most likely isn't the case.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.