[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
russia vs united states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: arctic.gif (35 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
arctic.gif
35 KB, 380x380
how would russia invade the united states?

would they invade through the arctic and risk going through canada? or would they go through alaska and the pacific north west or would they invade from california/oregon/washington via the pacific?

tl;dr what strategies/tactics would russian use to invade the united states

i think the entirety of the land warfare would be in alaska,
>>
>how would russia invade the united states?

They wouldn't.
>>
Invading Russia is easy. Actually conquering it is impossible.

Invading North America is impossible.
>>
>>29715320
Assuming we're talking Cold War here-

It would be something like Red Dawn, and would take an alt-universe USA where they went full detente and never rebuilt militarily post 1980. Meanwhile, the communist revolutions in South America were not thwarted and ended up much more extensive then in our timeline.

Given those conditions, an invasion would have come up from the south via Mexico. It would consist of South American forces with Soviet "advisors", along with crippling nuclear strikes on critical locations in the USA.

But having said all that, if it ever got to that point, the USSR wouldn't bother. They'd have pretty much won without fighting. They could just issue a (private) ultimatum to the US president of the day and watch as America findlandized.
>>
>>29715320
>how would russia invade the united states?

They couldn’t, as they never had jack shit for a navy.

A better alt-history scenario is how would the U.S. invade the U.S.S.R.?
>>
>>29715854

>ussr

since youre talking cold war
ok this takes place in 1987
>UK and Norway invade via finland, while the united states sends airborne troops over the arctic.
>uk, us, and norway make a j hook south and west, but to the south east of moscow
>ussr begins massive troop movements from afghanistan
>US and UK bomb afghanistan
>us special forces attempt to detroy soviet assets and kill high ranking soviet officials in afghanistan
>United states regular forces moves through eastern russia via alaska, usaf bombs any strategic targets, followed by tank divisions followed by the rest of the land army
> some usmc divisions attacks ussr through the adriatic with the germans and french
>remaining usmc divisions attack moscow via the black sea
>uk, norway, germany, france and usmc assault moscow from the south east
>united states army and air force assault moscow from the east
>majority of soviet forces still trapped in afghanistan
>united states threatens to deploy nuclear weapons on moscow if the soviet union doesnt leave afghanistan with in a month
>soviet union withdraws from afghanistan
>theyve been fighting the afghans and british and united states forces in afganistan so they go bankrupt
>>
You dumb cucks. a land invasion? nigga please they would just launch nukes.

The real question is would europe nuke its own cities if imminent overthrow was unstoppable.
>>
USA would annihilate Russian military before it ever comes close to reaching US territory.

Russia is not good at war
>>
>>29715320
Russians dont have any plans for invading CONUS.
>>
>>29716418

No. Likely they'd try to create as much groundwork for a resistance as possible while they wait for the US and whatever other allies they could get to rescue them.
>>
They wouldn't.
>>
>>29715320
We wouldn't. We'd maybe shoot a lot at the coast cities and MAYBE deploy some forces in those, but the greater plan would be forcing an ultimatum ASAP and going home. Maybe looting some shit in process.
>>
>>29715320
I stared at that gif hoping for something to happen.
>>
>>29715581
>Invading North America is impossible.
Lel. It happened once in history.
>>
>>29716418
>please they would just launch nukes
Civilian won't forgive their governments for slaughtering innocent Babushka and her daughters.
WW1 and WW2 were possible because media were in full control of governments and they were all singing the same song.
Now it would be different.

>>29715627
>findlandized
What does this mean?

>Given those conditions, an invasion would have come up from the south via Mexico.
Man, what if I told you that some 17 years ago I roleplayed this very scenario with my friends... except we were the Japanese and winning WW2? We used Mexico exactly in the same way.
Later I plotted a raid on Canada: passing through the Northwest passage and accessing the St. Lawrebce river with a military fleey disguised as Moroccan merchant navy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.