[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the 75th ranger reg actually cool? Or is it wanna be secret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pancake95astronaut.jpg (42 KB, 463x564) Image search: [Google]
pancake95astronaut.jpg
42 KB, 463x564
Is the 75th ranger reg actually cool? Or is it wanna be secret squirrel? I'm a marine and I was thinking about trying to join them. Does anyone have any experience with them? And can anyone tell me any hoops I might have to jump through?
>>
Sorry about the irrelevant pic my phone wouldn't upload my other one..but to be fair capt.pancake face was a ranger
>>
>>29714774
Ranger, is close to being for Army what Recon is to USMC.
Close is not the same though.
They have a oretty good mission, essentially elite infantry combined with elite scouts. you can get booted from Ranger units for failing to meet the standards.
The hoops involved are:
DA 4187 (personnel action request) to a Ranger unit.
go through RASP/RIP (Ranger boot camp where they try to make you cry and quit).
then BOOM you are a RANGER. the ever popular RANGER tab you see on sleeves denotes you went to Ranger School, which is basically a really hard leadership course and does not a Ranger make.
also Google 75th Ranger Reg for a better explanation.
>>
>>29715068
Okay so let's say I jump the hoops and cut the red tape. How hard is it to request to go to green barrette training from a ranger reg or once you get a ranger tab. Or do you just have to kickass at ranger?
>>
>>29715159
neither. Green Beret is different. you just apply, go to a briefing, get asked if you REALLY want to try out, then you just go to selection.
IF you pass selection, you then spend the next year or so training for your job. then its back to FT Bragg for assessment and FTX. At any point you can quit or be booted.

Delta force, which I assume you mught ask about. On rare occassions holds open tryouts, but usually its invitation only. However their selection is fucked up. you can pass selection and still not make it, they hold the course just so no one can accurately guess how many are making it in. I know a guy that made it, and was told "we dont habe any openings, but we MIGHT in six months so you should try again then as well." And sometimes they just take people, as in, "hey you have skills we need, you are going to tryouts like ot or not"
>>
>>29715159
>green barrette
well folks, I can confirm to you all that this man is definitely a marine.
>>
The 75th is nothing but direct action all the time.

Raids, patrols, assaults, and so on.
>>
>>29714774
You double posted, I guess I might as well reply to this one

It's all right. All the cool shit is after you get tabbed and reenlist, recce, snot, rrc, etc.

I was in 2/75, got out as a tabless bitch e4 cause I fucked up my back. Ask me anything I guess
>>
>>29715336
I know jtacs in the army are kind of unicorns but are they used in the 75th?
>>
>>29715300
Thanks for your help anon. I appreciate at.
>>
>>29715369
None that I've seen, I was in an infantry line platoon though. We get them as attachments
>>
>>29715369
Would be cool though.

You could try Forward Observer. Fister.
>>
Marine here. Considered going AD Army as 18X but I have a wife and kid now, and I don't wanna go that hardcore. I'm going local PD LEO instead because I guess I'm not hard enough. 35P was offered but it's too vague for me to be interested
>>
>>29715425
jtacs have dope jobs, I've got a video of one jumping with a dirtbike during MLATs
>>
>>29715378
no problem.
final bit of advice before I go:
just commit and do it. I dont know how old you are, but Id bet $50 you are younger than I am. I enlisted with high hopes and took a wrong turn. I dont mind where I ended up, but I regret not at least trying for SF, DELTA and Ranger.

tldr: no one gives a shit about all the coolshit you ALMOST did, then didnt. You wotnt look back and be proud of things you thought about doing.
>>
>>29715425
We'll that's my job in the usmc I'm going to be a jfo soon as well
>>
>>29715459
Thanks again for the advice anon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.