[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own thread...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12
File: image:49830.jpg (945 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
image:49830.jpg
945 KB, 3264x1836
Do polished ammo make any difference compared to none polished ammo and if so then what is the difference between the two?
>>
I don't know op
>>
>>29714592
Nickle washed cases are supposed to air in extraction.

I dont know if it really does but its cool to throw reloads in the media tumbler to shine them up.
>>
>>29714592
Polished ammo can reduce the friction between the bullet and the bore, making shots more consistent. Polished brass can increase reliability by aiding feeding and extraction. If not completely removed, polished ammo can also expose your bore and chamber to the polishing compound, increasing wear over the long term.
>>
The biggest upside is that the burglar can see his own reflection before his head explodes
>>
File: cover me! I'm reloading..webm (3 MB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
cover me! I'm reloading..webm
3 MB, 360x640
if you want to go all the way to a mirror finish that is all just for looks. the main concern is that the rounds are clean. when I reload I just through them in the tumbler for a couple hours to get the carbon off and go from there
>>
>>29714645
Least helpful comment of all time award
>>29714592
Short answer; no
Long answer; polished ammo would, due to the higher degree of perfection in the surface, would be less likely to have an error in feeding or extraction. However, any off the shelf weapon is designed for normal ammo and the differences would be negligible. Might be a good idea for competition, but honestly I believe companies make polished ammo for the same reason apple makes their products the way they do -- its more about looking like a superior product than being a superior product.
>>
I'm going to get bitch at for this one but I have a question since I just started browsing on here a month ago

I been seeing alot of people mentioning Antman and I tried to look it up but got no results but only got a few response that he passed away but somehow people are still saying that Antman is alive

Please don't rag on me and accuse me of anything but I seriously would like to know who this Antman guy really was and why he is mentioned alot now on here?

If he is alive then where did he go exactly and why?

Again please don't bitch at me I'm just new on the weapons board and haven't got to know alot yet.
>>
>>29714688
I could watch that webm all day.
>>
>>29714771
He probably got tired of the act.
>>
>>29714771
Not much is said about him but he immigrated on over to /x/

Here is his thread from yesterday night

>>>/x/17615542
>>
>>29714688
The device in the picture, give me its name, price, and the nearest location in which I could purchase one.
>>
File: 20150522_161946-1.jpg (3 MB, 1802x2775) Image search: [Google]
20150522_161946-1.jpg
3 MB, 1802x2775
>>29714838
it is a Dillon 650xl with the case feeder attachment and a Mr.bullet feeder. I have around 1,700 into it. I have been looking at upgrading to a 1050
>>
>>29714771
antman isn't real. the whole meme is that people pretending he was a real epic trip, and people just started memeing it, and now people meme it who don't know that there was never any antman.
>>
>>29714771
He was an autist that became a meme

Much like that dude who people coined the term mallninja after

It's just a person people make fun of
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-24-04-18-13.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24-04-18-13.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
I made a thread amd realized i should have just posted here but anyway is the 75th ranger reg actually cool? Or is it wanna be secret squirrel? I'm a marine and I was thinking about trying to join them. Does anyone have any experience with them? And can anyone tell me any hoops I might have to jump through?
>>
>>29714812
That's not antman. Just someone who wants people to connect the dots and live the ant man legacy. Fucking retarded
>>
Memes aside, I've been looking for a gun and have gotten some okay answers. I like getting as many as I can, though.

What would be a good bolt-action rifle to start with? Something durable and borderline retard-proof would be nice.

I've fired some little .22 rifle (when I was 10), and a glock when I was 15 or so, so my experience isn't too bad.

Something with cheap ammo is a plus. California's going to rape me with taxes somehow anyway.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (24 KB, 471x313) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
24 KB, 471x313
I made a thread amd realized i should have just posted here but anyway is the 75th ranger reg actually cool? Or is it wanna be secret squirrel? I'm a marine and I was thinking about trying to join them. Does anyone have any experience with them? And can anyone tell me any hoops I might have to jump through?
>>
Dam dis thred iz undah raided as fuk
>>
Non polished brass(but not dirty? secures against the chamber better, which has positive and negative effects.

Positive: it can potentially be more accurate if you have looser headspacing, and it can save stresses on your locking lugs.

Negative: it can increase chamber erosion which shortens barrel life.

This is all in the realm of theory however, you likely wont see any large results.
>>
>>29714892
what type or re-loader is that? My Lee is getting old.
>>
>>29714592
Nickel plated brass just helps mitigate corrosion, don't listen to any of the other retarded answers you got.

>>29714688
>tfw you reload pistol ammo on a single stage because not enough shekels
Fucking jelly of that fine machine you got there
>>
>>29714592
That round was hand polished with mothers.
It was from a thread a few weeks ago.

Do you really plan on hand polishing every round of x39 or 5.56 you put into your weapon?

Then no, there is no advantage.
>>
>>29714679
What a load of shit
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454885370034.jpg (4 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454885370034.jpg
4 KB, 184x184
Guys, nofuns yuropoor here.

Say, entirely fictional scenario, that someone finds a handgun, how would said person check if the bullets in it are real and if it's a real gun.

Entirely fictional just curious.
>>
>>29719520
>press magazine eject
>look in magazine
>>
>>29719528
Say that was the first thing this person did but wasn't sure.

How does one recognize a real bullet?
Or make sure it's not a loading practice bullet?

Or just check if the gun is real regardless of the ammunition?
>>
>>29719520
>>29719551
Bunping questions.

It's for a story I'm writing, still brainstorming but it should be gud
>>
>>29719551
snap caps (false rounds for training purposes) are VERY lightweight. trying holding one in your hand, and use common sense to tell if it's made of lead and steal, or plastic and aluminum.

as for the weapon itself, check the bolt face for a firing pin, or at least a firing pin channel. also check the barrel to make sure it hasn't be plugged, in order to deactivate it (ENSURE THE WEAPON IS CLEAR AND UNLOADED BEFORE CHECKING THE BARREL)
>>
File: DSC_0131.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0131.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Is ZQI ammo ok?

I'm looking for bulk 5.56 and the best deal I've found so far is for ZQI SS109.

I just don't want to spend the money then get a real shitty ammo.

Pick semi related it's my new barrel that will be eating most of this ammo
>>
>>29719630
I've used their 7.62 NATO. is really nice. I prefer it to Federal's version.

can't speak for their 5.56 obviously. but yeah, they've done well by me.
>>
>>29714940

Yes, it's cool. They are the most dedicated professionals I've seen in any service. 75th Ranger Bat recruiters do events at Army units occasionally. Contact a recruiter if your military record has some accomplishments on it already. Don't bother applying unless you reaaally don't mind suffering.

Source: POG Army SGT. I've met all kinds.
>>
>>29719630
MAC shills for them in every video.
>>
>>29719600
Bullet stuck in mag, seems it's alone in there. Empty gun barrel isn't plugged.

I'm either blind or just european being not sure if I saw that pin thing you talked about. I know what you mean tho.

It could be a replica too... Now that I think about it.

And by now I have lost the false impression that this is a fictional scenario.
>>
>>29719662
stuck how? please tell me it isn't pointing vertically. if not, you're probably trying to get it out wrong. you're supposed to strip it out by pushing on the rear of it.

is it a rifle or pistol? nobody's judging you here, I'm just genuinely curious what it is you've got on your hands.
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>29719638

Thanks, looking on Google people on other forums say it's pretty good. Gonna pick up 1200 rounds.

>>29719652

Is that bad? I have no idea.
>>
>>29719671
Probably not. With as much as he shoots, and as honest as he is about products, I'd say it is pretty good ammo.
>>
>>29716075
>>29714679
Even if that shit was true, it would be so negligible that there is literally no point in even taking it into consideration.
>>29716264
This. If you buy nickel plated ammo, it will state on the box that this is the intended purpose. i.e. it's good in like EDC guns because the ammo is exposed to air and humidity for extended periods of time.
>>
>>29719670
Pistol, and I tried pushing it out the way you said (practiced loading&unloading gun mags before I know what I'm doing there) but it won't budge. The mag seems maybe too small for it. (which would further imply it's a replica)

But there's no firing pin and a second less european view of the barrel says the barrel is clogged with something. No light shines trough it.

In conclusion. Even though I'm european noguns, it appears that this pistol is a lifesize metal replica of a beretta 92(f?)

End of discussion I presume. Unless you have more questions.
>>
>>29719683
isn't lacquered steel even better at moisture resistance than nickel plate?
>>
>>29719695
I believe so. Why is nickel plated the industry standard these days? Beats the shit out of me.
I think the lacquer can degrade and scratch off, exposing the steel. Nickel won't do that. That's just my guess though.
>>
File: burningcash.png (837 KB, 497x840) Image search: [Google]
burningcash.png
837 KB, 497x840
What if I don't figure out the nature of life or the existence of god before I die?
>>
File: 1438983715700.jpg (16 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1438983715700.jpg
16 KB, 496x818
>>29714592
Why wouldn't a modern version (simply better, stronger, more precise tech) of the Volcano's simple "caseless" rounds work today?

Seems to me we could get a round with a high mass and carbine "power" in the same dimensions as a modern pistol round's total length, which is the exact problem of the weak original Volcano's but flipped.

>no need for brass ejection
Should be mad simple.
>>
Not sure if this doesnt belong to /meg/, but since its mostly about american military, i´ll post this here.
Any anon in Czech military willing to share some experiences? Im thinking about joining our army, and i could use some advice about if its good decision.
>>
>>29714992
Remington 770
Mossy 100ATR
Memes aside, Mosins can be pretty solid rifles.
>>
>>29719551
>gently shake bullet
you can hear and feel the powder inside
also somewhat heavy
>>
>>29719693
how'd you come across it?
>>
>>29719551
Fire one off into your mouth, make sure to be yankng your cock too. Just incase.
>>
>>29714688
I masturbated
>>
>>29714592
>Do polished ammo make any difference compared to none polished ammo
In steel case, yes, polished ammo has it's protective finish removed and will rust to shit easily. Think of those crappy polymer coatings most brands have changed to over lacquer to save money. Leave that in a damp basement for a year and see what happens.
Otherwise it shouldn't make any noticeable difference in 99.999% of guns. If your gun is that finicky, it's a pile of crap and consider yourself lucky that a small difference in friction was enough to matter.
>>
>>29714892
Where did you get the print in the wall?
>>
>>29719693
Post pics
>>
If I'm reloading 300 blk and specs call for small rifle magnum primer, is there any harm in substituting for a small rifle primer?
>>
File: Cryptic.jpg (81 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Cryptic.jpg
81 KB, 1280x768
I'm building my first ar and can't decide on which bolt to get, are Cryptic bcg's worth it over a black nitride? Does 9310 vs c158 matter at all?
If I don't get the Cryptic I can spend what I save on ammo.
>>
>>29720104
http://www.markfingar.com/Product.htm
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.